FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
bungy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-26 1:21 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a fest on a fast tiki track! Too bad ..I will be in Ca Dec 1st for about 3 weeks!! A month too late. All you little children have a good time for me.. yew heah??? Auntie Bungy

View Profile of bungy Send a personal message to bungy  Email bungy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-27 2:27 pm   Permalink

I'll definitely be there. I haven't been to the Tonga Hut and this looks like a good opportunity to check it out. I'm also a big fan of Tiki Tony's. I hope the Tiki Island Chief will be there...

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 09:01 am   Permalink

Sounds like funn

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-28 09:27 am   Permalink

hey guys,
It is such an honor to have the next cover of Tiki Magazine! At the Tonga Hut, I'll have the painting from
the cover on display as well as my new mugs. I was only able to make a few of these mugs for Hukilau
because of the time crunch, but I will have a very limited supply of my Handmade Volcanos, Handmade Skulls, and LekOokoos.
If you saw the VolcaNanos at Hukilau, I decided to make them bigger, and just call them Volcanoes.

LeKooKoo Artist's Proofs.... $100.... height: 7"
LeKooKoo Limited Edition of 50.... $50.... height: 7"
Skulls...$50... Limited to 50...height 5"
Volcano...$30... Limited to 100... height: 4"-5"

I will also have another new painting, and Marcus might have some Adrift.
http://www.adriftclothing.com/product_index.htm

Live like a Beachcomber! www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 09:39 am   Permalink

very kool tony

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 1:38 pm   Permalink

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-30 2:39 pm   Permalink

It's always cool to see Tiki Toney's work!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-30 7:56 pm   Permalink

Nice flier Suz. Thanks for busting that out.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 08:19 am   Permalink

Great lookin' flyer Suzy! Thanks for taking the helm since GROG is so lazy! He probably won't even show up! Those are some beautiful mugs there Tony! Can't wait to see 'em up close! Indubitably!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 10:47 am   Permalink

This looks to be a fun show with TiKi tOny bustin' out his awesome new mugs! Please distract him for a moment while I lift one...

And I hear the Tonga Hut has a special drink conjured up by none other than Johnny the Pinstriper. It'll be worth the trip just to see if he can drink it AND stripe at the same time!

I'll have Freeky Tiki Royal Family mug sets, the last one of my limited resin casts, and a few straggler Tikis & Terrors 2 mugs. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Hopefully Grog and Kirby will bring their Benzart carving seminar tikis.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-02 06:24 am   Permalink

Special thanks go out to the Tonga Hut, Ernie (Grog), Suzie, Tiki Tony, Alene, DJ Lee, the staff at Tiki Magazine and the artists participating in the art show. It should be a very fun night. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Tonga Hut and the TC Ohana. See you there.

Nicktiki

[ This Message was edited by: nicktiki 2006-11-02 06:26 ]

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-04 1:29 pm   Permalink

Grog, how late into the evening will this go on? I've some plans with some girlfriends that evening also, so I'm hoping it goes late, so I can add this to my schedule.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-05 5:11 pm   Permalink

The plan is 7 to midnight (or at leat that's what Suzy put on the flier), but it's a bar/lounge, so it'll be open 'til 2am.
But,that doesn't mean the artists are going to leave their stuff up to or past midnight. It also depends if the hardcore drinker/partiers are there and if they close the place down. With Kirby, Suzy, Crazy Al, and Johnny the Pinstriper there plus discounted drinks, GROG willing to bet it'll go past midnight.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2006-11-05 17:18 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gugug

Posted: 2006-11-06 07:45 am   Permalink

HI. Will there be Tiki Stalls there at the event?

View Profile of Gugug Send a personal message to Gugug  Email Gugug Goto the website of Gugug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gugug

Posted: 2006-11-06 07:47 am   Permalink

...and - I'm travelling from Scotland...can I bring a camcorder to film do you think? Any help appreciated as I am complete Tiki-novice although have had an interest for some time via fanzines etc Ta much

View Profile of Gugug Send a personal message to Gugug  Email Gugug Goto the website of Gugug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation