FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-06 09:44 am   Permalink

The coolest thing about Tiki Tony's sculpture art is it's cartoonish, other worldly-ness (just like his 2-D art) that he has still been able to maintain and bring into the three dimensional realm. Seeing one of his sculptures in person is like meeting an inhabitant from "cartoon" island. - and cartoon island is obviously a very tropical and beautiful place. (That and he's got great color choices!)

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-06 12:43 pm   Permalink

Gugug, GROG not sure what you mean by "Tiki Stalls". Don't see why you can't vidoetape it if it's for personal use, or unless any artists don't want their stuff videotaped, then they can speak up.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-06 12:59 pm   Permalink

"Tiki stalls" I think he is asking about artist's sales and booths. That or something in the restrooms i can't be too sure.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gugug

Posted: 2006-11-06 1:42 pm   Permalink

aha - I see. Pardon the LINGO. A "stall" where I come from is the common name for a temporary "shop" or "booth" as in a market. Anyway cheers 'n' that . I'll come over and hopefully I can buy a wee something. A mug perhaps?

View Profile of Gugug Send a personal message to Gugug  Email Gugug Goto the website of Gugug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-11-06 6:18 pm   Permalink

Glad to have you you coming by Gugug, there will be some nice, fun stuff to buy. The artists will have some small areas in the booths and maybe a few tables/shelves with some stuff.

GROG sees you are from Scotland. You're not a Clown Doctor, are you?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-06 6:26 pm   Permalink

They kids,

This is shaping up to be quite a show! Not to be missed! : )

Yes, the artists will be selling their work. Though there is not a traditional stall/storefront setup, most artists will have prints and small items for sale as well as original paintings and carvings on display. So bring money (or checks with artist's okay) for booze, schmooze and art!!!

Yes, photography/videotaping should be fine. Just ask the artist's permission to photograph their work before you snap the pic. Don't worry, they don't bite. . .mostly. . .

Yes, chances are quite good with this particular motley crew, that the fun will continue well past midnight. . .

Wanna hear that artist line-up???!!!! Yeah, you'll wanna hear this. . .

TIKI TONY-feature cover artist for Tiki Magazine!
SQUID!
KIRBY!
LIL' LOST TIKI!
ATOMIKITTY (Bartender Suzy) That's me!
JOHNNY THE PIN-STRIPER (Creator of the Voo Doo Juice)!
KUSTOM KLAWS

*AND. . .JUST ADDED!!!!*

CRAZY AL!
TIGER JIMMY!
POLYNESIAC!

DJ LEE will be mixing an audiory cocktail sure to intoxicate you!

A BIG MAHALO to TIKI MAGAZINE and the TONGA HUT for hosting this great event!

I'm excited!

See you there!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-06 11:14 pm   Permalink

Oh Great and Wondrous Atomikitty, will you have your Coconut Monkey prints available? If so, how much? Enquiring minds want to know. (Jeeeeez, I have a feeling I'm going to leave yet another art show spending more than I take in....)

What will we get if Atomokitty gets behind the bar and mixes up Grog and Gugug?
Gugug Grog?

And speakin of Gugug....He's a SMOKIN' .... and I mean SMOKIN' Uke player and singer. The man with bollocks big enough to play Ramones on the flea. Check out his YouTube Vids.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=GUGUG

Wanna have a play while you're here Gugug? Me and the wife are drums and bass respectively. Not far from the Tonga Hut. PM please.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Ice
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-07 12:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Grog for considering us as a vendor for the art show. Mabe next time. Do we need reservations to get in.

View Profile of Tiki Ice Send a personal message to Tiki Ice  Email Tiki Ice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-07 3:45 pm   Permalink

Hmm, I think there is also a release party at the Bali Hai that night as well.
No magazines, no bands, no cool carvers, not even an invite. Just me and the Kook. Or is it just me the kook?

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-11-07 15:46 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-07 5:57 pm   Permalink

Squid, you ask some excellent questions and raise some intriguing ideas! :

YES! I will be displaying the 'Coconut Monkey Project' paintings, and I will be premiering the next in the series at the show. : ) I think you'll really dig it.

YES! I will have prints available of the first four paintings-Mr.Hawaii, The Commodore, Momma Monkey, and Flathead and Son. The prints are professional quality, light-fast, and mounted on wood panels with a matte or semi-gloss varnish. They are hand framed in bamboo, like the originals, and can be yours for 50.00. Collect all four! : )

As for the chance of me getting behind the bar, I'd have to clear it with those friendly Tonga folks, but if it means Gugug will bring his Uke . . . then I will mix the Gugug Grog!

Tiki Ice, thanks for your interest in the show, unfortunately we ran out of room this time, but hopefully this will be the first of many great shows at the Tonga Hut, and next time you are first in line. We are looking forward to seeing your work!

Mahalo, and see you Saturday!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-11-07 6:49 pm   Permalink

Suzy's the BEST!!

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-07 9:47 pm   Permalink

Oh Duh...boy do I feel like a big dope. Now I see the time on the flier!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 09:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-07 17:57, atomikitty wrote:

YES! I will have prints available of the first four paintings-Mr.Hawaii, The Commodore, Momma Monkey, and Flathead and Son. The prints are professional quality, light-fast, and mounted on wood panels with a matte or semi-gloss varnish. They are hand framed in bamboo, like the originals, and can be yours for 50.00. Collect all four! : )

Yup, I'm screwed.
Let's see....Buy art, sell art, buy art, buy art, buy more art...... you do the math.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 2:33 pm   Permalink

Suzy Rocks . well time to finish up some Mid Cen stuff .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-11-08 7:23 pm   Permalink

GROG willing to trade sculpture for other people's art.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation