FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine release and Artshow Nov11 at the Tonga Hut
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-11 11:12 am   Permalink

This is the first time GROG has seen Squids GROG mug. Very funny cephalapod.

By the way, has Squid mentioned all his stuff is 50% to 75% off tonight?

GROG gotta go now and start setting up for these whiny artists, so see ya'll tonight.
EES GONNA BE GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! Indubitably.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 12:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-11 11:12, GROG wrote:

By the way, has Squid mentioned all his stuff is 50% to 75% off tonight?

I heard that Grog won lots of bones playing poker last night . Drinks are on Grog!!!!!!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 12:27 pm   Permalink

Wow Squid 75% off with my 40% off coupon I am golden tonight. I can use the cash back to start a poker game and get Grog's money as well.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 4:51 pm   Permalink

Lets do this...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-11 5:05 pm   Permalink

just got back from the Hut and Man alotta Kool items .Should be a Kool Show

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-12 12:45 am   Permalink

Hit my studio on the way back from the Tonga Hut.

What a great event!

What a cool bar!

What cool people! (I'm gonna miss you guys!)

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2006-11-12 00:48 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 12:27 pm   Permalink

Well I got home about 1:45 and I had such a great time. What an amazing turnout .There were so many artists and fans there , it was overwhelming. I think if they dropped a bomb on the Tonga Hut last night that all of California Tiki would be lost .Thanks to all for the compliments on my Amity Thrillkitten tiki photos ,sorry that I only brought 10 to hand out . Anyway ...get out of bed and post those pics . I think I was in 50 photos,most of them by Johnny Pinstriper .
Thanks again , Tiki-Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-12 2:09 pm   Permalink

Thank you to all the artists who participated in the show (plus Kirby), Suzy for helping put this thing together, Nick Camara of Tiki Magazine, and Ana and Jeremy of the Tonga Hut. And special thanks to all the people who came to the show. I hope everybody enjoyed it as much as GROG did. (Maybe a little TOO much, damned VooDoo Juice just tastes too good!)

Squid------Oh, you're hilarious, you bastard! He had his daughter draw a sign that said "GROG" and then brought some rocks and set them out on display like GROG was selling GROG's art. The things GROG has to put up with!! Sheesh.

Plus, Congratulations to Tiki Tony for being the featured artist in Tiki Magazine, and for doing such a great cover piece for the magazine.

Turned out to be really great event, we'll definitely have to do it again.

Mahalos-------GROG

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 3:18 pm   Permalink

All hail Grog, Atomikitty, Jeremy, Ana and Nick from Tiki Mag! You guys put on a fab event. The Hut is a great place to hang. Jeremy and Ana are doing a service to humanity by restoring it. The joint was packed all night!!!
DJ Lee was spinnin' mad vinyl grooves throughout to keep everyone in total audio bliss. Cheers, Lee!
It was great meeting new folks and seeing those I already know (although a name or 2 may slip the noggin after Johnny's Voodoo Juice).
tOny's new mugs rock and I pity the fool who didn't snag one like Al and I did when tOny wasn't lookin'.

Squid very sorry Grog not sell any pretty rocks

Things I learned:
•BigTikiDude really IS a Big Tiki Dude.
•SoccerTiki always has tongue out for photos.
•Johnny Pinstriper cleans up really well!
•Little Lost Tiki has good table manners and plays well with the other kids.
•tOny will not sign anything with "Aloha, winning eBay bidder----Tiki tOny".
•Stop after Voodoo Juice #3.

Here's to the next Tonga Hut show!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 4:07 pm   Permalink

I had a tikirifik time one of the best art shows yet thanks everyone for comeing out...
here are a few pics polly took

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-12 4:39 pm   Permalink

Here's the pics:

Ding DONG Dan & Mean Gene

Soccer Tiki (with his tongue) & The Purple Orchid Ohana

One more round for Grog

Grog's Masterpiece

Here's the bartender pouring drinks before they took an hour break from pouring tropical drinks

This TCers supports all of the local carvers

Ahhhh I could of had a Mai Tai

The Entourage

The Squids

Soccer Tiki & Polly

PiPhiRho, SoccerTiki, TikiRay, & Little Lost Tiki

The tunes played all night long

All good things must come to an end

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frank Tiki

Posted: 2006-11-12 5:59 pm   Permalink

Hi folks. Here's my first post to this forum. Must say it was a great party last night. Lot's of nice and friendly people. Almost everyone asking "Are you at the Tiki Central" . Ok, so here I am
For a Tiki-novice like me, it was great to see so much cool art. Ended up byin' "some" stuff as well. Not easy to get this kind, back home in Norway.

Here's some shots from last night
First wave:

View Profile of Frank Tiki Send a personal message to Frank Tiki  Goto the website of Frank Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frank Tiki

Posted: 2006-11-12 6:02 pm   Permalink

And here's the second wave:

View Profile of Frank Tiki Send a personal message to Frank Tiki  Goto the website of Frank Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 6:14 pm   Permalink

Beautiful pix Frank! Welcome aboard!

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 7:08 pm   Permalink

I swear I was there!........honest!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation