FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki TeaKEY's critikeys (starting new p12)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TeaKEY's critikeys (starting new p12)
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-01 7:27 pm   Permalink

Tiki Go, I never saw your work until recently. And the monkeys turned out great. The two tone monkeys are the better.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-22 7:20 pm   Permalink

My latest Tiki Mug named "Go Go" I'm still working on the right glaze I want, more like a "peanut mug" would be cool, what you think?

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 08:19 am   Permalink

Well, I thought the top lip was extended out alittle too far. And you said, that is what you were going for. But the back of the top lip is what I think the front should be.

I didn't notice it last night, but this mug looks to be made the same way I do mine. I'm guess if its hand made, and then you probably know the way I do them. It looks lite. Go Tiki, you should start your own thread with just your work. Keeping it all together in one place.

I see this thread as more thoughts on mugs and the surrounding energy. More the thoughts on the art of the mug, then the actually mug art.

But, I think it would be nice to hear your thoughts that you had while making this mug (art tiki life , life as a creator.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 08:28 am   Permalink

I heard once that man's way of experiencing birth is with his art.

"Tiki mugs, born from man's mind and formed out of Earth. Whether you believe in the Creation story, or Evaluation, it would seem that man was born of Earth. God put the breathe of life into clay to form man and now man can do the same. MAn can create using the same materials. The created has become the creator."

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 11:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-23 08:28, teaKEY wrote:
I heard once that man's way of experiencing birth is with his art.

"Tiki mugs, born from man's mind and formed out of Earth. Whether you believe in the Creation story, or Evaluation, it would seem that man was born of Earth. God put the breathe of life into clay to form man and now man can do the same. MAn can create using the same materials. The created has become the creator."

But what do you bench?

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 12:27 pm   Permalink

205 yesterday, my best ever. In high school I could only do the 45 pound bar. Hopefully in a couple months I'll be doing 225. Not bad, right?

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-23 1:24 pm   Permalink

Evaluation???? Dude, you and Kirby have GOT TO learn to click the spell-check button.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-23 13:24, GROG wrote:
Evaluation???? Dude, you and Kirby have GOT TO learn to click the spell-check button.

But spell check wouldn't have caught that since it's still a word.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-23 3:04 pm   Permalink

Here is a critikey on the spell check, it seems to have gotten changed. It questions the word "tiki" What spell check on Tiki website would do that. I don't remember it doing stuff like that.

Squid, you good at spelling, I'm terrible. Left Handed at that.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-24 09:24 am   Permalink

Hey TeaKEY, the signature on your page is a tiki mug, did you design it? Do you have them for sale? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-24 09:43 am   Permalink

I have yet to make a mold of anything I do. I guess its still a little of the unknown that keeps me from doing that, but if I want to get a production mug out there, it may be something that I do soon. Its crazy, cause I make these sweet mugs that would be great production ones, but I just don't go there yet.

I would really like to work with Tiki Farm. I know that they are booked with mugs until late 2008 but it would be sweet to have a yes for a 2009 or 2010. Just to know. What if I got a petition with 500 people that were interested PM me. And the people could pick the one they liked from different choices. Just a thought.

That mug in my signature was the first mug I made in 2004. Its priceless to me. I think that I got, counting what my dad got me, 15+ original mugs in my possession. Thats pretty good. Not to many people can say that, and thats including the mug makers. Why, cause they sell there designed mugs to the public, and I just sold my first. That was a hard thing to do. Bitter sweet.

Thanks Wendy for your interest. Just finished a mug that I think people will like.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-24 5:32 pm   Permalink

Hi TeaKEY, That mug is a great design. So your mugs are like the one of a kind bowls I make for Dan. It's all fun and special. I hope you get yours out. The petition idea is way cool, wish I'd thought of it! Will you be at Tiki Oasis 7? It will be our first, I'm looking forward to meeting as many tikiphiles as I can, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-25 10:58 pm   Permalink

Oh Teakey , Teakey, Teakey, I have to ask you a few questions.

Your posts made me literally read this whole thread. That is a first for me on TC.

1. Exactly how old are you? I think you are still pretty young.

2. How much can you bench?

3. Why keep comparing to and critiquing Munk Tiki and making assumptions about them. Miles and Paul are THE BEST MUG ARTISTS AROUND. PERIOD. End of discussion. Holden , myself and Paul were all in a room together at last years Oasis and I said this statement to the whole room. Asked Holden if he agreed, he did.

4. Have you seen the Hukilau 2006 mug in person? held it in your hand? ART!!!!!!!!!!!! It made me want to be a better artist.

5. Not a question, just my experience, let your art speak for itself. Make your talent command respect and then someone like Tiki Farm will ask YOU to do a design, not the other way around. They had to ask me a couple of times way back at the beginning of my career. I already had two of my own mug designs under my belt.

6. Miles Thompson is one bad mutha! I will be helping him do a mug when he gives me the word. I put that in his ear years ago. He's a good friend of mine and former drinking buddy. I love that guy.

7. Last statement. I don't think your ideas are controlling direction of the mug world. Just a coincidence. Millions of people have the exact same ideas all the time. It's the one who has a balance of thinking and doing that are successful.

Teakey, I like you cause you have balls and you speak your mind ( just don't type EVERYTHING you think ) and I'm not starting anything with you. Just taking you under my wing

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 7:26 pm   Permalink

Oh Teakey , Teakey, Teakey, I have to ask you a few questions.

Your posts made me literally read this whole thread. That is a first for me on TC. (reading is good)

Q: Exactly how old are you? I think you are still pretty young.
A: I'm a younger guy when you compare to the national tiki culture average. So are you, so is TikitOny, so is Stuckie, so is Gecko. (Look, more comparing) (:) let me add these, I'm always in a do mood when on TC)

2. How much can you bench?

3.Q: Why keep comparing to and critiquing Munk Tiki and making assumptions about them.

A: First off, this is a forum. Share and express ideas is the reason we're here. What we get more of the time is a very one sided discussion. I would love to talk about my stuff. Anything, it all adds more depth. So, Why compare to Munktiki. They are the gold standard. I'm a home hobbyist, they are established, who else would I compare too. But I don't think I do all that much. It's Munktiki not Munk Tiki and I don't think I make a bunch of assumptions but I do make guesses about, at times. Reason, I interested in them,(they are mug makers) there is no pool of info on them, other then the little I have found. Cool audio on them. You get to talk in person with them, I don't. I mostly can remember saying how they are the best at what they do. I put them up so many times. One of their biggest supporter. Come to find out, Google image search them and I'll pop up first, "Hi".

(part 2)Q:Miles and Paul are THE BEST MUG ARTISTS AROUND. PERIOD. (End of discussion (:()). Holden , myself and Paul were all in a room together at last years Oasis and I said this statement to the whole room. Asked Holden if he agreed, he did.

I said they were the best at some things, not all,(cause they aren't all things) and Stuckie actually said he hated hearing best this or best that. Cool that Holden agreed, I'm not sure if he has made a mug, but he is certainly a mug making machine.

4. Q: Have you seen the Hukilau 2006 mug in person? held it in your hand? ART!!!!!!!!!!!! It made me want to be a better artist.

Yes. No. I'm not sure if its art. I think about art more than anyone I have ever known. Art, well its not there design, so the creation of that image and reason the image exist is not Munktiki. They did a great job at reproducing it. I would be cool to have the original colors, wouldn't it? I think art isn't just the end product, but the reasons the art was made (money doesn't count for me) and the process too. The molded mug that you held in your hand, wouldn't have have any of that process, although its a part of the whole process, I understand that.
The mug that my dad made of Doug Horne's monkey, BEST TIKI MUG EVER! His reasons for making, as pure as you can get. Is it art, more so then most tiki mugs in most peoples collections. Hold that mug. I don't have to ask you if you have.

Diablo, I wished people would talk, what I love most, the mug. There isn't that many people that make. Most who do, don't post much. Anyone. Diablo, you are one of my favorite tiki artist.

Wait, where did the Miles commit come in. Just so you know, the BEST TIKI ARTIST there is. I like your mugs more than Munktiki. Harder to get too, thats even part of the appeal. But get your website up and running.

You will come back with something, maybe, or someone else. But don't discount what I wrote. But you can. Hopefully add to it. And I'm very very happy to talk with/ back

Under your wing, You know thats a punk move. You know you are showing order with that pharse, but if you do want to share tip, hints, or commits, I'm all ears. Your Oki Oki mug is one of my favorites along with TikitOny's (I wouldn't say that if it wasn't true)

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 10:04 pm   Permalink

Teakey, you gonna make it to Hukilau this year? If you do, we are just going to have to drink a few cold ones together and shoot the shit then.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation