FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 2:32 pm   Permalink

Ditto everyones "WOW". Damn Girl, you are Goin' to town on those rocks. The right guy answered your questions, and like he says, just keep carving! I think you found your calling.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 2:57 pm   Permalink

Hi Mieko, thanks so much for the kind words, I am really enjoying this, but my hand due hurt today....lol. The egg was the first one I did to see if I could do it before I tried the rock. I also cut a bunch of the wooden eggs in half to see if it would work easier, I will try those this weekend. Love the silver chain idea! The help here is amazing, it makes doing these more fun

Hi Tama, Thank you for the help also, I wasn't understanding the whole sanding polishing thing, This make more sense. I also read an answer from Ben, so I think I can give the final steps a try. I will also try some easier designs to practice with. Their is a big rock gem show in AZ in January/February, people come for weeks and it is hge. I will go this year and see if I can scope out some other stone material that might be cool to work with.Thanks again !!

Amy

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2006-11-15 15:11 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 4:42 pm   Permalink

Here is something else I did while bored. I got a dozen pins and some are wood some are hard plastic. I am gonna have to buy some burrs now.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 4:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-15 14:32, Benzart wrote:
Ditto everyones "WOW". Damn Girl, you are Goin' to town on those rocks. The right guy answered your questions, and like he says, just keep carving! I think you found your calling.

Thanks Ben, means a lot coming from you.....I have printed out yours and everyones suggestions, I will be hunting river rock in the yard in the morning, lol or as you say "happyhappyhappy"

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 4:59 pm   Permalink

HappyHappyHappy to see Rodeo posting some of his work again! I, for one, have missed your updates! Can't wait to see what you put together for your upcoming show.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 5:35 pm   Permalink

Front figure on the Flesh Knife.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 8:34 pm   Permalink

Wow! Look at all this cool stuff that suddenly popped up! Great work, guys n' gals! I love the bowling pin lamp, Rodeotiki! Yeah!

Tama: Ahhhh! A little yellow face is laughing at me for being so dim-witted!!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 2:56 pm   Permalink

what a difference a day makes--yesterday...

and a paint job TODAY

the simplicity of this is REAL misleading--that section had ALL the palm crap on it and I stripped and shaved & Shaved & SHAVED to get it that SMOOTH--kinda miss the white wood but the redwood style paint is pretty IMPRESSIVE--hides flaws too

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 4:24 pm   Permalink

New Dude here...

Yesterday I found a couple of nice cuttings laying on the side of the road and decided to do something with them. Found this Site today...it sure is loaded with a plethora of cool information on carving...Thanks!

So, armed with a fast sketch, and a few chisels that I dug out of my tool box, I just dove in today to see how it felt....Feels good!...Didn't take long to hook me. Now I will have to go spend some money on tools.

Babalu

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 4:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-15 14:57, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
Their is a big rock gem show in AZ in January/February, people come for weeks and it is hge. I will go this year and see if I can scope out some other stone material that might be cool to work with.Thanks again !!

Amy

Aloha Queen K,

You must go to the Kon Tiki in Tucson while at the Gem Show. I was there last year during....for the re vamp for the Kon Tiki Tucson. All of Tucson get's sold out. It's muey grande!!!

I got to see the Queens Stones yesterday in person.

They Are Arrrrsome!!!

She's going to be the Queen of the Stone Age Tiki's soon!!

( I hope this doesn't kill your thread Queenie Mucho Alohas to You's!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 4:51 pm   Permalink

Big Welcome Babalu, What a day, Find a log, Carve a Tiki, Fuind Tiki Central post a picture. Excellent work for your first. Keep coming 'round and Keep carving and most of all keep posting those pictures.
Moondog, Wow what a difference that day made. NICE Paint job and Perfect color. Nice going.
Rodeo, Ditto what tikidav and jenTiki said, Nice to see you posting more pix!
Johnny, Thanks for the close-up, Excellent work.
Amy, You're Welcome, keep carving and posting and Have fun at the Rock Shop/sale/whatever it iz.
BambooBen Rocks, or is it that he has rocks in his head??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 08:00 am   Permalink

Hey Benzart,

Thanks for the warm Aloha. I will post more on that first tiki of mine as I progress....the chisels are starting to move around easier now...the palm speaks.

My youngest daughter "Babalu Babe 2" is getting married at the Bali Hai on February 18th. We have the outside space, and the South Pacific Room reserved. My job (not including finding and booking the spot) is to build a tiki alter for the kids. I was initially thinking, and have started sketches, on a bamboo archway (done in that 50's lounge flavor) that will have small islands connected on either side. These rolling islands, that will anchor the arch and over hang, in part are to have period tonga torches, small stone fountains, cool lighting, plants, etc....Now, it looks as though they are going to need a tiki flanking either side as well...hope this wood can dry out enough to put finish of some type on it...it's pretty green...the carvings may just have to do in a more raw form?

At any rate, with all the work for "the man" and holiday traveling coming up....I predict there will be a few late nighters.

Best,

Babalu

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 08:53 am   Permalink

You might check with the management staff at Bali Hai to see what tikis they have around they would use for decorations. I know they have a lot in storage, or so I heard. Congrats.

Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 12:26 pm   Permalink

Kia ora Babalu.

Great start, love seeing people approach carving with a great big bite!!! Its the best/quickest way to learn... Looks like you'll have no probs.

Keep us posted on the progress of the wedding Tiki Alter!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 1:36 pm   Permalink

Great performance for a first Mister.

Ben

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation