FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 4:42 pm   Permalink

OK You guys I was holding this one back but I'll show yous anyways!!!! This one right here is my very first attempt in carving wood... It's a piece of 4by6 that I found holding a car from rolling around the shop so I grabbed a angle grinder and the block of wood and went to work.....30 min later I got this..I then torched,stained,sanded the edges!!!!! Watcha think!!!!! Next I'm gonna try using chisels...

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 4:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha Notch!!! Tiki runs in your veins....mean talent...Watch out world....Da Notch...Can't wait to see some chisel work...Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 5:00 pm   Permalink

I just carved this King of Tikis today. King Kamehameha. In progress, but gettin' there.

Don't mess up your neck straining to see it.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-02-16 17:00 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 5:42 pm   Permalink

Excellent first tiki Notch and Welcome to TC's Carving world. Looks like you will fit right in, just be careful what wood you start grinding away on as lots ot Pressure treatesd and other treated wood can be very toxic and once you start on a tiki it seems all Safety logic goes out the door. Thanks for posting.
Digger, Excellent stuff from you too, Look at the King, Top Shelf for sure. How ya' been, OK?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 8:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks for asking Ben. I'm doin' better. The back is slowly healing. Thank goodness the chainsaws are light weight.

Hey Notch, see ya' at F.I. in March?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 9:31 pm   Permalink

Shit Howdy Jungle T!!!!

Looks like you're gettin' all artsy fartsy on us!!

Ride on! and Rope on! Rock on!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-16 10:40 pm   Permalink

What's the deal with everyone's back goin' out on 'em? GMAN, me, you, benz, (benz?) JungleT?, I dunno - WTF? Seems like a relativley larfge number.

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-16 10:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-16 16:42, NOTCH wrote:
OK You guys I was holding this one back but I'll show yous anyways!!!! This one right here is my very first attempt in carving wood... It's a piece of 4by6 that I found holding a car from rolling around the shop so I grabbed a angle grinder and the block of wood and went to work.....30 min later I got this..I then torched,stained,sanded the edges!!!!! Watcha think!!!!! Next I'm gonna try using chisels...

C'mon man! You're kiddin'. The first one? That's very hard to believe. But from a suckass perspective, it's easy to believe. I'm in the 'suckass' perspective.

Very nice work. I still don't believe that this is an example of "My First Tiki" tho

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 11:01 pm   Permalink

Yo tikigap thanks.. I carved a few out of foam But never out of wood.... And Believe it or not thats my first one that I carved with a small angle grinder.. I think using chisles will make a true caving...for me I think?

[ This Message was edited by: NOTCH 2007-02-16 23:03 ]

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 08:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-16 22:40, tikigap wrote:
What's the deal with everyone's back goin' out on 'em? GMAN, me, you, benz, (benz?) JungleT?, I dunno - WTF? Seems like a relativley large number.

Well it is hard work and I think those who carve tend to be all around hard workers on the job or at play. This is play.
Notch is smarter than the rest of us, he started with foam. That's like carving air.
Be careful guys. Yesterday I wore my kidney belt. Good idea.

Thanks Bamboo. You should put those custom bamboo crutches up for auction.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 07:25 am   Permalink

Looking great Notch! JT you must be smoking the good stuff!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 11:57 am   Permalink

Waite a minute my back missed up too!! Well not that much but shit I don't like gettin out bed sometimes!!!
Ive been restoring/customizing/hot rodding cars for 15 years!!! That's allot of work on someones body But in a way it's like work out 8 hours a day everyday. I need a drink?
Benzart..you got allot of good info in your post and an amazing carver. ..Thanks man
Tiki Diablo..I like your style man!!! very cool...Thanks man
Jungle Trader... nice work!!! See you soon!!!!

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 12:23 pm   Permalink

Hey Notch, cut it out! I hate when people whip out killer tikis in 30 minutes when the rest of us take weeks, months even...

Hey, JT's back! And it looks like the beginnings of sumthin' different. Don't try to lift it too much or we'll never see it done.

I'm at work (on Saturday...), so don't ask me about tikis. I guess everybody else around here is at 4WD's SD Chop-Chop right now. Crap!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 1:33 pm   Permalink

This Tiki took me weeks to make..

[ This Message was edited by: NOTCH 2007-02-17 13:34 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 1:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-17 07:25, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Looking great Notch! JT you must be smoking the good stuff!

Sure, peyote is the good stuff.

Where's Tambu? Did I miss it? Gots to have one if possible.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation