FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 2:46 pm   Permalink

This thread is getting out of control.

Notch! Awesome first (If it's really your first lol)

I love the portable bar too.

Your funny!

Mahalo

Keep posting more

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-17 7:41 pm   Permalink

It's Notch Yo cheese!

Was fun havin' a few wit you

at FI. You crazy!!

Keep it up!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDevil9

Posted: 2007-07-05 08:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-11 07:31, Lukipela wrote:

When will these be finished? I'm dying to see the final carvings!

View Profile of TikiDevil9 Send a personal message to TikiDevil9  Goto the website of TikiDevil9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 4:39 pm   Permalink

Well, when my parents came 'round & saw the tiki bar, my dad apparently took a shine to tiki design & went to work with his dremel. Here's two of the first...

He's made a few more since these but I haven't gotten around to picking them up, but I'll post pics when I get my hands on 'em.
Oh, and the bottom one he made in two sizes - 2' high and 6" high.

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 4:52 pm   Permalink

Good on you Twitchs' Dad! - Is he hooked up to the net? You should tell him to have a bit of a browse around here for designs...

T

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-07 11:04 am   Permalink

Here's a 6 ft. hairball I coughed up for you Benzart.

Come see it before it gets swept up, at Minnie's.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-07-07 11:07 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-07 3:16 pm   Permalink

Twitch: Get your dad a chainsaw and some big logs and stand by with the camera.. I can't wait.

Digger, Beautiful Hairball. Looks like a big water main got wrapped up in the roots. The tiki is a Typical Ultra clean detailed piece, Excellent work as usual. "Coughed up" for me? You shouldn't have, Do you still have my address?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vinman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-08 9:28 pm   Permalink

After browsing the forum posts here and seeing all the awesome craftsmanship I decided to give it a go. Here is my humble first attempt at carving. The wood is a closet dowel, probably oak, that I had laying around in the garage. Most of the work was done using my little Spyderco along with files and xacto blades. I'm still working on this piece and I'm not too crazy about the eyes. My goal is to get proficient enough to carve up some larger pieces for around my pool. Any constructive critiquing is appreciated

Mahalo

View Profile of Vinman Send a personal message to Vinman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-10 08:11 am   Permalink

Good start Vinman. Not bad for your first.

Mr. Wizard, ya' think it'll fit in a vanilla envelope?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-27 11:05 am   Permalink

Not sure if this is the CHOICEST place to post new carves anymore, but don't really wanna start a new forum entry to join the 100s already on here..but new stuff from me..\

and the side

took a long leisurely time to do--one of my best

opinions?

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-27 12:49 pm   Permalink

Moondog! That's sick! I bet it took some time!

Great work!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-27 2:57 pm   Permalink

Moondog, Really Excellent work. It really shows that you took your time and patience with this one. What kind of wood is it? Awesome!!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-27 7:19 pm   Permalink

that would be a good ol' anonymous PALM TREE--probably date palm--honestly had the bug holes & EVERYTHING
need to post some more shots of the BUCK TOOTHED wonder--you can't really see the choppers on it
really? kinda glad to get the garage space back

BB MoondoggyO

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 08:16 am   Permalink

AND YET MORE...

STILL not sure if this is the best place to post this..this is a cane I carved while doing the big guy above--pretty much been working the wood (EUUGH--sounds weird) of this piece since February...finally just knuckled down and completed it this weekend... I recall someone on here needing a cane at one time... that was a WHILE ago. This is some anonymous piece of mountain wood my son found...it lay around the garage for YEARs before I brought out its TRUE IDENTITY

At least I know BENZART will see this

BB MoondoggyO

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 10:17 am   Permalink

More nice stuff Moondog. You can post your pictures in this thread but it looks like you have enough to start your own thread. If you are going to continue posting more carvings I suggest starting your own thread and just adding to it when you have more posts. That way it's all together and we (or you) can view all your stuff on the same thread. Thanks.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation