FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
timidtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 11:32 am   Permalink

A duck/tiki (sort of) cane for my brother-in-law. Two pics of the head (handle) only. The large hole (I'll probably paint it black inside) is for a cord to go around the wrist. Linde star ruby eyes and beaver teeth on the front end (sorry, I can't seem to get away from those beaver teeth . . . but I only have one left).

Thanks for looking!

View Profile of timidtiki Send a personal message to timidtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 04:59 am   Permalink

Twitch,

Staring at the Tiki gives me seizures lol.

Very cool design

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-14 8:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-06 19:42, Polynesiac wrote:
Here's one I did a while back.

Howslife Mr. Benzart? I wished I could have gone to coon 2 to learn more about the hook knife.

Great, Thanks for posting Poly, Been awhile. You always do such neat and authentic looking tikis which would really help out around here. What are you working on now, got pictues?

Quote:

On 2007-08-09 17:32, sleestak wrote:
hey benzart, heres one i did a few months back!

Great Stuff Sleestack, Just more of the kind of stuff we need to have posted around for the new carvers to see. Lookin good. Have more you're working on?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-12-23 8:17 pm   Permalink

Hey ben, I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now...(you actually posted it on my birthday!). thanks for the props.

To answer your question...maybe this christmas I'll finish one of the many tiki projects I have going on, like these guys:

hopefully I'll get to them. Or the baby tangs...or...my bar...or...or...

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-24 12:41 pm   Permalink

C'mon Poly, you're sounding too much like me. There's too Much stuff "I Gotta Finish" and Too Little stuff" I Finally Finished". It's great to see you posting your work finished or not here on TC again, Now to get to My Unfinished stuff.... Right After Christmas I Promise.
Heres Hoping Everyone has a Great Christmas too!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 3:20 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone, first time poster here. I've been browsing these forums off and on and figured it was time to sign up and add a few photos. I've done a couple tiki related pieces and have looked on here for ideas and inspiration. Figured I'd add them to Benzart's request thread to get started. There is a lot of great work on here and I have a long way to go if I keep up with this.

Anyway, here are a couple photos of a small moai that I did recently out of eucalyptus branches that had been trimmed nearby. I grabbed another piece about this size and 3 others that are maybe about 2-2.5 times this size. So I have four more branch pieces to start working with. It was all done using a dremel and then hand sanded. Debating on painting it or not but by the looks of other pieces on here, looks like I should color it.

The first tiki thing I tried was a tiki totem on a swordfish bill back in Aug. 2004. I sanded the whole bill down, carved the handle in it, then carved the tikis with the dremel and polished it all up. Decided it needed to be mounted on something so built a backing frame for it it with plywood and bamboo. Here is one full shot and close-ups of each tiki.

I think I saw in one of GMan's threads that he had a photo of a bunch of dried swordfish bills. If so, Gman, have you done anything with them yet? From the looks of your wood pieces, I'm sure yours will turn out a lot nicer. The again you also have more experience at this. Thanks to everyone for the cool forums and sharing the artwork.

View Profile of seagoat Send a personal message to seagoat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-28 4:55 pm   Permalink

Seagoat, first Welcome to Tiki Central, we're Really Happy you decided to finally join the ranks. Second, WELL Done on that Sword fish Bill, Excellent carving and finish. The Eucalyptus branches are a Hard wood to carve but your Moai looks really pretty good. We All gotta start somewhere and I Promise that your pieces are WAY Better than My first tikis, so Keep up the good work. Every piece you carve is practice for the next one so the More you carve the More experience you get and What kind of practice could be better than carving tikis?? None.
Thanks for posting!

seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 09:11 am   Permalink

Benzart - Thanks for the feedback. I know that I need to keep working on these projects to learn more and get better at it. Those other four eucalyptus logs are still sitting there so something will happen with them.

If I color the Moai, would gray spray paint work well or is something else recommended? I may go ahead and start another thread with this and other questions a newbie has. Thanks.

View Profile of seagoat Send a personal message to seagoat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 09:32 am   Permalink

As far as color, I would use a stain to darken it up a bit. Since I am a Wood Nut I hate to see wood painted since half the beauty in a carving is the wood grain. I would stain it then varnish or polyurethane it.
Your own personal thread would be great that way any time we were looking for your stuff it would be in a space all its own. Keep up the good work.

bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 07:51 am   Permalink

newest tiki--I am basing these off of menu illustrations...next one is TIKI BOB

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 5:18 pm   Permalink

All Right Moondog, Nice to see you carving again, it's been awhile I think. Looks excellent, can't wait to see his buddy Bob! Thanks for posting.

bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 5:00 pm   Permalink

did i KILL this thread? ..oh well here is my last tiki before...

this NEW one I am working on...

anyone need a new tiki? I got ENOUGH in my yard now..have hit the TOO MANY category

this is like at 60%...needs a lot more FINESSE but..could finish before OASIS which I am going to

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 03:17 am   Permalink

Hey MoonDog, Where did you dig this thread up from? Thanks for finding it and Adding even MORE tiki's. We can Never have too many tikis here as that is what this thread is all about Keep posting your excellent carvings!

hellbilly1932
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-27 10:48 am   Permalink

Since this thread was brought back to life I will post a few in it.

This is my first tiki as it stood at the end of the Feb 22 chop

here it is almost done

all stained and varnished

at home in the back yard

took about 2 weeks to finish it up.

Here's the start of my 2nd

I want to thank Billy the Crud for getting me started, and tips along the way.

View Profile of hellbilly1932 Send a personal message to hellbilly1932      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 11:28 am   Permalink

Well Hell Billy, That First is an Excellent start, He finished up Way on top and Super for a first carve. Your second one looks like he will be even Better than the first, Keep up the good work!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation