FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Kino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-09 08:07 am   Permalink

Big tiki Scott, we must be on the same Island.
I started my first full body with a headress also.
He's not purrrrrfect, but sure a step up from my others.
Here he is about 4' tall

View Profile of Kino Send a personal message to Kino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-09 9:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-08 09:56, closettiki wrote:
at last,,,,,,i found some time to complete a new one......
ive been pushing it aside for other projects.....but here it is.....

Back in action! Right on Closettiki! Looks like you might be able to cover thatnice lawn up with a big pile of logs. Without all the maintenance on it, you'd have a lot more time for carving, .

Buzzy out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-10 5:50 pm   Permalink

iaaammm bbbaaaccckkk!!! lol! closettiki thats a sweet carve dude! love the cross check headress!!! keep goin!! lets see what else you were wrkin on too!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-10 5:56 pm   Permalink

KINO WHATS UP!!! we must be from the same island brah!! that guys lookin sweeeet!!! my puter went on the fritz cple days back .... all fixed now but feels like a week! well heres my update on this here 3'ter. enjoy!pics are reverse of course but... almost there then burnd and stained w first coat of spar thane!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 08:57 am   Permalink

aloha, this is a relatively recent tiki that i carved as a housewarming gift for my daughter and son-in-law.
i call him "STONEY OF HB"

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 09:19 am   Permalink

i was visiting my brother in law on topsail island, north carolina. he is living in a beach house and needed a tiki . since i couldn,t bring a tiki, i brought some chisels, we rented a chainsaw,found a palm tree in a junk pile at a landscapers lot ...now his beach house has "THE STINKY TIKI"

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VeroTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-11 12:52 pm   Permalink

Here is a shot of our yard--tiki and poles by Chainsaw Art by George (my guy) in Vero Beach, FL. Just had to post after seeing such beautiful work by all of you!

View Profile of VeroTiki Send a personal message to VeroTiki  Email VeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 3:31 pm   Permalink

Big Tiki Scott, excellent tikis you've been doing. This one has an Excellent finish, I see you love Sanding like we all do. Nice stuff.

Skootiki, Welcome to TC, Glad you found us and Really Happy you are posting your works here. Stinky is an excellent tiki as is his Stony brother. Love your resourcefulness have tools, find log, Leave a tiki. COOL! Great way to get an invite back too.

Vero Tiki, I Love your guy George's Stuff. His tikis are cool and well done with super finishes. Love the Mossy hair, Really cool, and the Tarpon is just spectacular! Really cool back yard you have for all that stuff too. I'm not far, just down the road in Port Saint Lucie, have to get together some time.. Thanks for the post and photos!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 4:04 pm   Permalink

thanx benz! yep sandin away and then some more and a little bit finer and more and more and...... oops i just remember i got some sandin to do tlk to yah later!! lol!

shootiki lovin this carve on the go!! and some nice carves at that!! keepem comin!

verotiki beatuiful yard! and beautiful tikis and that tarpon is stunning very very nice! is the wood cypress on this stuff? it has a perfect color/finish thanx for sharin!

skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 4:52 pm   Permalink

lotza mahalo for the kind words. i have rebelled against computers for a long time, but my love of tiki is making me learn how to do this stuff......more to come soon.

furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-12 12:46 pm   Permalink

Wow, you guys are knocking out some sweet art. I really need to update and get some pics of the little guy but was busy in the woods, getting firewood and some big logs for some big carvings.

The big one is lodgepole pine and I got some douglas fir as well. The upright lodgepole log is 6'tall and has to weigh over 400 pounds.

View Profile of furball Send a personal message to furball      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VeroTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-12 2:35 pm   Permalink

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the compliments--we love the yard too! The wood George used in the yard is Australian Cypress (Callitris), that is somewhat common here.

Benzart--would love to get together. I am starting to carve hypertufa pendants and small statues and would appreciate getting insight from you--your art is so beautiful. We have plenty of rum on hand--let me know!!

View Profile of VeroTiki Send a personal message to VeroTiki  Email VeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 2:53 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikigodz 2009-10-12 14:55 ]

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 6:41 pm   Permalink

furball!! whats up! hey priorites right!lol! lovin that big ole log there!! cant wait to see that sucker carved up!! holla!

hello again vero tiki! cypress has a beautiful look in the process of gettin some myself althgh it wld be florida swamp cypress pretty common dwn here. well again beautiful stuff and keep those pics comin! cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: BIG tiki scott 2009-10-12 18:44 ]

furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-13 07:56 am   Permalink

Big Tiki Scott, your latest tiki is off-the-hook! Love the head dress!

And Vero, loving the work and am especially interested in the decorative poles that your blue deck cover is attached to. I'd like to see a close-up of one of those.

View Profile of furball Send a personal message to furball      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation