FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 05:53 am   Permalink

Thank you kindly J.T.
Ben, I havn't been lucky enough to get a 1/2 benz carving lesson, so my lessons come in the form of your pictures & explainations. That cool. I study real hard. Thanks.
Will

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 06:34 am   Permalink

Thanks Plugger, that is an Excellent example of your diligent stidies. I Really love what you have done to that 'Spine" headdress. That lono has a lot of benzart in it, but there is definitely big Plugger influence. Really well done.. How small is he, and what kind of wood, And do you have other shots showing the other sides?
Thanks plugger

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 06:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-07 04:25, wplugger wrote:
Thanks Jungle trader, It's round & has doo. I'm not gettin boiled. Yup my first post. Ive been a lurker but it's kinda warm & fuzzy out here. look at Ben, over 5100 posts.
Heres another couple of doo guys for you.
Will

Man, the first time I passed that place on the way to the Mai Kai at night, I could have sworn it said "Swanky's TIki Bar"! Freaked me out.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 07:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 05:53, wplugger wrote:
... I study real hard...

Wow! I'll say! Nice work!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 08:44 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-11-08 06:55, Swanky wrote:
Quote:

Man, the first time I passed that place on the way to the Mai Kai at night, I could have sworn it said "Swanky's TIki Bar"! Freaked me out.

Did you slam the brakes, get sideways off road? You probably thought you died and went to......a good place?

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-11-08 08:44 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
makutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-08 09:39 am   Permalink

*gone*

[ This Message was edited by: makutiki 2006-11-08 10:19 ]

View Profile of makutiki Send a personal message to makutiki  Goto the website of makutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 09:51 am   Permalink

What u think this is Sweden ? You leave those smokes at home when youall come down here, youhear !!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 10:03 am   Permalink

Some masks I am doing for the drive-in. 2 foot plus tall.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
makutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-08 10:17 am   Permalink

sorry, didnt mean to ofend anyone.... my bad humor,thats all, love smokes.

View Profile of makutiki Send a personal message to makutiki  Goto the website of makutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 2:24 pm   Permalink

Danny, Nice masks as usual from you. Long time no See, hope all's well with you. Enjoyed doing the OkiDoki with you and Bosko..
Keep posting.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 04:17 am   Permalink

Here are some of Von Tiki's carvings that we took today.

Mr. & Mrs Von Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-11-09 04:19 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 04:28 am   Permalink

wow this is an inspirational thread!!

i wasn't going to post any pics on this tiki i'm working on until i had something decent to show, but this thread has inspired me...

here we have my attempt at your classic "Reloy" as inspired by Leroy and Aaron's Akua in threads gone by...

but just as i get to the bottom of the mouth i uncover some flaws in the centre of the log:

now i'm not sure whether to keep going deeper or just patch it up with filler later on... any tips? i have no idea how i'm going to sand the inside of that mouth either!

thanks!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 04:30 am   Permalink

Tgap I'm flattered.
Swanky, May be if it was your bar the tikis would still be standing. They got so much attention the mgr of the motel went out 2 week after I put them up & cut them down with a chain saw. He couldnt stand the attention..
Ben, I'm so glad your pleased. Took these this morning. This guy is 4 ft tall & coconut palm. my detait is limited by the size of my tools & my talent but I'm working on both.

[ This Message was edited by: wplugger 2006-11-09 04:37 ]

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 06:54 am   Permalink

I've got these two started--the moai is pretty close to done--they buyer wants it plain but to me its a little TOO plain..suggestions?

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 07:15 am   Permalink

Hey VonT, Way to bang'em out. Nice tikis and are those the Giant logs you were telling me About? Awesome, keep posting, and Keep upi the great carving.
Harro, I'm Glad you decided to post pic's, it helps us All get into the groove. Nice Reloy and don't worry about the defects in the center of the log..
Thanks for the extra pic's WPlugger. Looks to me like you have your tools And talent well under control.
Hey Moondog, don't worry about plain, it's more difficult to have a recognizable tiki with only a few cuts, so if you pull that off as in the moai, you're doing Very well. It is a real challenge to carve a tiki looking plain, isn't it..Thanks for posting.

Thanks a Heap all you guyz who have posted pic's of your tikis. That was the reason for this thread, to get us all to post pic's of what we are doing and I Knew there were more than a few peeps out there carving tikis. This is what this
Creating Tiki" forum is all about, Sharing our work with everyone else. It is really inspiring when we see Lots of tikis in progress pictures..HappyhappyHappy
Don't stop now.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation