FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
****We Need MORE TIKI Carvings****
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 10:17 am   Permalink

Ben,

I have a new Headhunter in the works. It's a 4+ foot piece of wild cherry which is tearing up my chainsaw blade. I hed to take it in for sharpening. The mask is looking pretty good, but I'll wait to post pics until I get the body roughed out.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 4:22 pm   Permalink

Here's a couple new Maori pieces I've been doin'

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 4:58 pm   Permalink

Raffer, I Can't wait to see your new piece, It's been a long wait, but it will be worth it I'm sure.
Freddie, thanks for sharing those. That moko is not easy, hey. Nice job though. The burner really makes the difference.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 7:23 pm   Permalink

Hello. My name is Buzzy. I really do not post my stuff on TC because it sucks and I am very insecure and cannot handle even the slightest bit of criticism. I saw how nice you were to everyone and thought that I might post my first independent hook knife work on this thread:

Been workin' on it for a little over an hour

If this goes well, I'll start my own carving thread some day.

Buzzy Checkin' In

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 8:01 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2006-11-10 04:50 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 8:03 pm   Permalink

Well normally we get pretty good stuff here, but it looks like youforgot how to carve or sumthin, You did all that with a hook knife? Did it come with instructions? Yes? Well read them and start again. I'd let the billy goats have this guy(?) to chew on, THEY Might like it. Come back when you learden how to spell tiki and to carve one

Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-09 8:57 pm   Permalink

OK then, here's a start. As Moai as it may look now, I'm actually gonna try to squeeze a big, peanut headed, bug-eyed, sucker lipped, no-eared, tatt-faced Maori cat out of this'un. 6 footer, dry, buttery white pine--my first peice! Gotta find my long lost thread and do some pic re-sizing 'fore I can show you the rest.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 04:49 am   Permalink

With this effort I wanted to open the mouth more & it kinda worked to show me the relationship of the other facial features.
But for a twist I gave him the oldest trick in the world. The ball in a cage headdress.
Hes also coconut palm & 4 ft tall

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 04:58 am   Permalink

Surfnturf, Lookin good as any Moai ever did. Way to keep the pressure on.
WPlugger, Yours is looking great too. Love the ball in a cage for the Lono(?) Now THAT's something you don't see too often. COOL

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 05:23 am   Permalink

I was just thinking about some of the classic Chinese carving tricks yesterday, such as the ball in the cage or the mouth of a carving, spheres inside spheres, chains with free moving links etc, and here we have it in tiki form - nice work!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 10:37 am   Permalink

Benzart,

Here's end result of my first Tiki. I added some detail, torched it, and put water seal on it. Intitially, the detail in forehead was going to be different but the wood started to split so I just went with it. It came out kind of interesting, I guess. Thanks for your help and encouragment. I'm still working on the little guy.

Side View

Inside the Stentiki Room with Big Benzart behind the bar.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 11:16 am   Permalink

Hey Arty, That bad boy came out Great, Far better that any "First" tiki should be.
Well done

mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 1:28 pm   Permalink

I posted this one in the SD carving thread , but I'll hook it up here as well to keep this one going ! !

My latest tiki I did over the weekend last week . Not quite done yet , but he has found a home in my yard . . .

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 2:21 pm   Permalink

Aloha Stentiki, I see you've been influenced by Bosko too. Long time no see, glad you're doing better. Nice work!!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-10 3:49 pm   Permalink

Nice one Mike-stobbe, and Big WELCOME to Tiki Central. Thanks for posting. How many tikis have you carved? You look like you know your way around the tools.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation