FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Missing/Stolen Original Sculpture: Mystery Solved. Moron in Custody. See Story Pg 3.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Missing/Stolen Original Sculpture: Mystery Solved. Moron in Custody. See Story Pg 3.
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 12:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ran! Keep on sculptin'...

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 1:03 pm   Permalink

I thought I saw it at GROG's house.....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 1:16 pm   Permalink

That is so unspeakably rotten. It's shocking that someone would take such a treasured and personal item from you. I hope whoever has it comes to their senses and gets it back to you. I've posted an alert on my blog to help spread the word and get more eyeballs on the lookout.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 1:23 pm   Permalink

'Tiki Dick' Private Eye flying into LAX. This case will be solved before you know it.

'Tiki Dick's' security force :
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce25b3127cce8db57aae6fb400000016100AZtWLZm2ZsWJg

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 1:28 pm   Permalink

It's just so DUMB!

As TeaKey pointed out, the thief can't show it to a single person who would appreciate it!! What's the fun of that!?!

If I had a one-of-a-kind piece of art, I'd want to show it off to/share it with the whole world! Or at least all the people who liked that kind of art! Or at least my close friends who liked it! Or, um, my dog???

This clown stole the sculpt to show to his dog, I guess. Sure hope the pooch likes tiki....

Sorta makes me think of the "Just Shoot Me" episode where Nina Van Horne's famous swimsuit poster bikini gets bought by a private Japanese collector....and we see in the last scene his wearing it while boogie-ing in his bedroom. Eeww.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 1:49 pm   Permalink

When the culprit is found, can we draw and quarter 'em?...pretty please?!?

Sorry to hear you had such a violation of trust. Hope your sculpt turns up safe and sound...
K.

[ This Message was edited by: kikekeki 2006-11-08 15:40 ]

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 1:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 13:28, Formikahini wrote:

Sorta makes me think of the "Just Shoot Me" episode where Nina Van Horne's famous swimsuit poster bikini gets bought by a private Japanese collector....and we see in the last scene his wearing it while boogie-ing in his bedroom. Eeww.

That gives me some scary visuals of what someone may be doing with.....oh never mind.

But seriously, we've had mass quantities of people through the house as it's been worked on for the past year. Some plumber or electrician could have taken it. It was just in the china hutch in the kitchen and easily grabbed in a heartbeat. Why someone took it? Who knows. Karma will eventually prevail on this one.

Thanks for the blog blast Humuhumu!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 1:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 13:23, TikiLaLe wrote:
'Tiki Dick' Private Eye flying into LAX. This case will be solved before you know it.

'Tiki Dick's' security force : http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce25b3127cce8db57aae6fb400000016100AZtWLZm2ZsWJg

Could be a "rrrrrruff" job!

kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 2:00 pm   Permalink

There are sick people out there that are in posession of stolen items they can never show off. They keep it under lock and key (so someone doesn't steal it from them), they get their kicks out of just knowing they have it...

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 2:49 pm   Permalink

i saw this crazy guy standing on the corner in front of the liquer store selling some stature.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 3:07 pm   Permalink

Wow, that a really clear image you got with you camera phone...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 4:10 pm   Permalink

EEEEWWWWW...I don't thnk I want it back now. Do you know where Grog's hands have been?

uncrichie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-08 5:08 pm   Permalink

I might be way off base but here goes. If you haven't had a breakin and there is no money, jewelry, firearms or electronics missing, nobody flew in from Chicago to pull this job.

Children? Maybe an accident? Any debris or chips around the area where it was stored? Maybe friends of the children? Maybe? Uncrichie...

View Profile of uncrichie Send a personal message to uncrichie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 5:14 pm   Permalink

that sucks man. May the tiki gods plan their revenge

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 5:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-08 17:08, uncrichie wrote:
I might be way off base but here goes. If you haven't had a breakin and there is no money, jewelry, firearms or electronics missing, nobody flew in from Chicago to pull this job.

Children? Maybe an accident? Any debris or chips around the area where it was stored? Maybe friends of the children? Maybe? Uncrichie...

Not off base at all, Unc. All of that is possible. Hell, I can't find my car in the Home Depot parking lot. Just wanted to get the word out early in case it does show up on the open market. Thus the title "Missing/Stolen". I ain't mad and I ain't blamin' nobody.

No evidence of any kind, just a dust-free circle where it once proudly stood.

Now please excuse me while I interrogate all the Republicans in my neighborhood. They're not very chipper today. hehehehe

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation