FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 3:33 pm   Permalink

I Live right by there.

5 minutes away.

PM me if I can help.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-21 07:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

Tikidav, I'll bring a bunch of blocks for everyone to take home. It's very messy carving AAC, and we won't want to polute Mieko's yard with all that AAC dust. On your question: You won't find AAC available west of Casa Grande, Arizona.

Okay, Aaron, very cool. Maybe we'll discuss about ACC more at the party. I only just now became aware of it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 09:03 am   Permalink

I'm in.

I've got a log started that I want to get some more work done on.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 10:41 am   Permalink

I'd like to move logs discussion over to here:

Here is a post on the Sandiego Palm logs thread:

Quote:

On 2006-11-21 10:36, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-11-21 08:53, Tikidav wrote:
1 Then are we taking these logs somewhere to be stored for later so they can dry out?
2 Where are we taking them?
3 Where are the logs for the party?
4 Do they need to be transported ahead of time?

1 You are basically taking the logs for your own use. I'm going to point to the pile and say, "Take whatever you want." The pile is fine where it is, so we are just taking what you want to use for your own use.
2 Did you clear out your side yard yet? After we have enough for the party, they go where they are needed. Hopefully to a good home, with a friendly carver who wants to free all those tikis trapped in the wood.
3 We will be getting the logs for the party when we all go to get our truckloads of logs. I thought this might be better for people who wanted more than 1 log. I plan on filling my truck up with the older logs at the small pile for the party, and i was hoping that others could bring 1 log, if needed, from your truckload to help the common cause. It sounds like Mieko and I can manage to get enough for the party and her needs, I was just opening this up so we could all get 4-5 logs each, for after the party. It's just good timimg to do this now, because we all are getting together, and we can all help each other out, and all get enough logs for party and personal use.
4 We are probably going to do this on Saturday.

ATTENTION Log Getters:

How is Saturday for getting the logs?
Maybe meet at the IHOP off sycamore at 10:30? 11:00?

Each pile is about 1-2 miles from the IHOP, in opposite directions

First I'll drive out to the big pile and anyone who wants those can load up. Then I'll take someone else out to the older pile to get the stuff for the party. I can probably carry 4-5 in my truck, so I'll probably just need one person to go out there with me, while everyone else is loading up with their own logs at the big pile.

Let me know
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-21 11:14 am   Permalink

I will be glad to carry as many as I can for both the party and for my side yard.

10:30-11:00 at the IHOP works for me, but I'm not that familiar with Sycamore. Is the IHOP on the East or West side as you exit the 78?

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 1:31 pm   Permalink

10:30 at IHOP sounds great, I believe it's just south of the freeway when you exit, on your right. It's really hard to miss. I've only been there once, but it's an easy one to find.

I've got at least 5 people confirmed as needing logs, and 3 other maybes, and I wouldn't mind having a few extras just in case, or as leftovers for myself.

I wasn't sure if Buzzy needed some for his house, but I was figuring if Tikidav can get 2 for the party, with Buzzy and I getting the rest, we'll be pretty set. I have some space at my house we can store logs, with a little cleaning I think we can get 10 of them on the side of my house if needed.

Are we going to meet in the parking lot, or do we want to get a table?

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 7:49 pm   Permalink

Um, slightly off topic but I just made a Killer Lounge Party Mix CD that features Keely Smith, Ella, Spy Themes, Les Baxter and Pink Martini especially for the Chop Chop. You gonna dig it cats, more music to chop by...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 09:46 am   Permalink

So how about:

Saturday 10:30 AM at the IHOP just south of the 78 at Sycamore. I'll be in my green toyota with a matching camper shell, sitting on the tailgate, on the north end of the IHOP parking lot. I'll get there at around 10:15, and hope to leave by 10:45. Please let me know before hand if you are meeting me here, so we will not leave you behind if you are running a couple minutes late.

Mieko: I have plenty of logs at home for myself. Tomorrow I'm going up there to grab 4-5 for the party, since I'll be right there anyway. On Saturday, We'll just work out between the two of us how many we need to get for you and the party, after we see how many people are needing logs after this weekend. I was planning on bringing what we pick up on Saturday straight to your house, and then we'll see if I need to bring any more during the next week.

Log Guy Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:25 am   Permalink

I'll be there .
I wont be able to attend the party this time , but lets keep the heat on .

Maybe I'll even host the next one .

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-22 2:41 pm   Permalink

Okay Buzzy, I'll be on the lookout for a green on green Toyota in the IHOP lot. I'll be in a white Nissan pick-up and hopefully arriving around the same time.

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 6:00 pm   Permalink

Tools: Okay, for the carving novices here....what are the basic items we should bring? I started going through some of the threads and got dizzy! So, I'm hoping someone will take mercy on my lazy *ss.

Protective Gear: Gloves? Goggles? Bandages?

Work bench/log holder: What kind of stand/work bench should we bring or make?

Palm: What size log do you suggest for a first-timer also?

Log-a-gettin': I'm not familiar with the area, but if I can help out with log hauling/gettin' I will. I've got a small SUV. The seats fold down, so I can fit a few logs that are not bigger than 4 feet or so.

PM me if ya'll deem it necessary.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 7:37 pm   Permalink

I wished that I could be there for the for the big cutting round up...but, the love of turkey is putting me on a plane tomorrow.

Sure would love to come drink a bottle of rope and chop on some wood with you all if you have space for one more? Have log, will travel...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-22 9:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-22 18:00, CheekyGirl wrote:
Work bench/log holder: What kind of stand/work bench should we bring or make?

Cheekygirl: Look at the pictures in this thread.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?forum=17&topic=21732
There are what appear to be Black & Decker Workmates (I got mine at Lowes) and a few Burro Brand sawhorses that look like they've been modified for carving (which is a great idea!).

As for tools , I would say bring whatever you've got, and for safety gear, I dunno. Depends on how dangerous a carver you are!

Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-22 10:29 pm   Permalink

We're bringing six extra stands for anybody who needs one. They are the modified burro's.

CheekyGirl, we got you covered.

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 4:47 pm   Permalink

I'll be at the IHOP 10:15-10:30ish, green Nissan Frontier. Buzzy - would having a dolly help at all? Once we get to my house, we'll be able to get the truck about 10-25 feet from where we want to store them, I can get a dolly if it'll help. I cleaned out my side yard a little bit, so hopefully it'll work out.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation