FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 5:09 pm   Permalink

Hey CheekyGirl,
As far as what to bring, for protective gear, I like goggles, but I don't bother with gloves. I'll have some band aids handy.
If you've got something for a stand, bring it, otherwise you can borrow one from Moki. Tools are probably the most important, do you have a mallet and at least some basic chisels?
We'll be getting logs tomorrow for everyone that needs them, so you can pick from what we've got.

Hey Babalu, We'd love to have you! We are getting pretty full, but I'd rather be a little crowded than turn anyone away.

I have access to 2 shade things, and the house provides some shade, but if anyone else has one they'd like to bring, it would be great. Otherwise people might want to bring some hats and sunscreen.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 6:57 pm   Permalink

I have a dolly and I'll be there as planned.

10:15 IHOP parking lot. Leave at 10:45, or when all who have said they are going arrive. Whichever comes first.

See you Manana Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 08:19 am   Permalink

cool beans. I do have goggles and some basic chisels and gouging tools, with the exception of the mallet, I think I'm good. I bring large beach umbrella, it may be of some use. See ya'll on the 2nd!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 10:34 am   Permalink

Mieko - I'll bring an extra easy-up, I was going to ask you about that.

Cheeky Girl - I'll be doing mostly chainsaw & grinder work, but I'll bring a couple different carver's mallets so you try them out & see what weight works best for you.

Questions: What's the head count? What time can we start?

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 1:38 pm   Permalink

Meiko, I'd sure like to attend, if it's not too late to speak up!

I was hesitant to join in, because I mostly use power tools, and didn't know if it was cool to use them there. But now I see AA is bringing chainsaw and grinder, which are my tools of choice too. Can we get a Yea or Nay on these tools?

I'll come either way though, maybe I can learn some chisel technique from you guys and gals.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 2:25 pm   Permalink

Hey 4WD! I've actually seen some of your work, you live really close to my parents.
In general, power tools should be fine, I'd actually like to see how you guys carve with one. We'll probably need to put you at one end of the yard, and hopefully it won't be too loud for too long.

I'm getting the head count together, it looks like it'll be a little more than I was planning on, but I think we'll be ok. We can always spread out to the front yard if needed.

Timing wise, I think people can stop by anytime after 9am. I'll have some muffins and coffee. Cam is going to make some appetizers around noon, then we'll have some kahlua pork, yakisoba, and rice for lunch after that. And Cam is bringing dessert. We can keep carving till it gets dark around 4:30-5pm.

The bar will be open, my husband has offered to do some bartending.

Oh, and the jacuzzi will be available for anyone that needs a soak after a long day of carving.

I'll have water and some sodas. Feel free to bring sodas if you like something specific. People can also bring snacks or other food if they'd like.

I'll be sending out my address and phone number via PM.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 3:29 pm   Permalink

Ok, looking to get a headcount and log needed list. Here's what I've got so far, please let me know if I have anything wrong, and if I don't have your log needs listed. I'll be using this list to send out my address, so make sure I didn't miss you.

Cammo no log
moki&Ona need log
Tikidav need log
Mr. NoNaMe no log
Buzzy no log
Aaron no log
CheekyGirl need log
hiltiki
Tiki-Kate no log
Monkeyman need log
Babalu no log
4WDtiki
Clysdalle no log
HodadHank ?
Bealza-Elvis no log

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2006-11-25 15:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2006-11-27 11:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2006-11-27 13:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2006-11-28 20:25 ]

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-25 6:07 pm   Permalink

I still have a couple logs here from the 'Oki 'Oki if you guys get into a pinch. Get ahold of me if you need a couple. Sounds like a lot of fun.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 10:27 am   Permalink

If it is not too late Bealza-Elvis would like to attend. Has log and stand. Can bring extra e-zup.

He has spent the weekend using 25% coupons at Rocklers.

Mahalos
Cyntiki & Bealza-Elvis

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 11:23 am   Permalink

Glad you can make it Bealza-Elvis. It would be great to bring an extra pop up, I'm not sure we'll need it, but it'll be nice to have an extra instead of not enough. Thanks!!
Hope you got some neat new tools, I got myself a mallet with that coupon.

Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 1:23 pm   Permalink

ok, got my plans settled and I'm in.....I have my own log and band-aids so I'm ready to toss some chips!! so add me to the list...

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 07:29 am   Permalink

Thanks mucho Mieko...Fun! - Fun!...Have everything I should need including head shade.

I have a "Meet the Folkers" dinner planned for that evening with the "new to be" son in-law's folks, so I may have to split around 5:00 - 5:30, but I am really looking forward to a cool day of chop chop with you all.

Best,

Babalu

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 5:55 pm   Permalink

Found me a year old 6 footer. It is still HEAVY. I'll try to think up a face for it. Or maybe two.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 8:44 pm   Permalink

PM's with my address have been sent. I don't think I missed anyone, but let me know if you don't see a PM.
Babalu - no worries about leaving, I expect some people will show up later, and some will need to leave early, it's all really casual.

I'm really looking forward to it!

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 10:35 pm   Permalink

Don't know if anybody's noticed, but Mieko seems to really enjoy watching football, carving Tikis, power tools in general, sanding and throwing weekend Hawaiian parties.

Like, is she the ideal woman or am I missing something?

Just made another CD; Deano vs. Frankie in the Rat Pack Party Mix. Studio recordings, live stuff, and the infamous "Drinking Song" recorded in a Chicago nightclub. Nobody's gonna hear it with the chainsaws going, though...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation