FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 06:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-28 22:35, Cammo wrote:
Don't know if anybody's noticed, but Mieko seems to really enjoy watching football, carving Tikis, power tools in general, sanding and throwing weekend Hawaiian parties.

Like, is she the ideal woman or am I missing something?

Just made another CD; Deano vs. Frankie in the Rat Pack Party Mix. Studio recordings, live stuff, and the infamous "Drinking Song" recorded in a Chicago nightclub. Nobody's gonna hear it with the chainsaws going, though...

sweeeet mix....bring an extra disk or 3 just in case that one gets....um.....lost...or something.

[ This Message was edited by: Clysdalle 2006-11-29 06:58 ]

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-29 07:55 am   Permalink

Thanks, I'm bringing at least 3 of those, and since you hipsters like to swing with the swingers, there's a bit of Peggy Lee & Keely Smith belting it out in da middle.

Oh, and these may annoy people, they have a habit of doing that, but I'm also bringing the collections -

"It's Those Damn HIPPIES!"
and the followup,
"It's Those Damn HIPPIES Again!"

of which only Grog, Buzzy, and Bong have heard. Really sincere hippie songs from the folkie/pop 1965 era that you hoped you'd never hear again.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 4:55 pm   Permalink

Hi Mieko,
Didn't I come by your house 3 or 4 years ago when we were selling glass floats and other stuff. It could have been someone else but I know I delivered some stuff to someone in your area.
Anyway... I wouldn't mind popping in later in the afternoon to check out the scene.

Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: mean gene 2006-12-01 19:15 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 6:39 pm   Permalink

I will be bringing a few extra logs, 'just in case'.

I hope to be there by noon at the latest. Can't wait!

Anyone else think nametags would be a good idea?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 8:36 pm   Permalink

Not sure if I'll make it now.

I need to start training for a race. Saturday is day one. I hope to make it around 3pm just to see who did what.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 7:02 pm   Permalink

Here are the group pictures from today:

I'll post the rest later.

It was SO much fun! Thank you very much Mieko for hosting this great day!
Zaya

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 7:06 pm   Permalink

whoa shit , those guys all rule ! I just got on here to ask where the pictures were , and bingo . .. I'm loving it . Looks like a productive day for sure ! !

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-02 7:07 pm   Permalink

Looks like you all had a grand time....thanks for the picture of the group tikis....very kewl.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 7:12 pm   Permalink

I had a great time today. Thanks to Mieko and Phil for the house and hospitality. I was cool to meet the faces behind the all the screen names. I'm in for the next one!

PS I'm the guy in the green shirt, and my name is Bill.

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2006-12-02 19:13 ]

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 7:48 pm   Permalink

Orange County is going down!!!

Once the leader in Poly Pop Tiki...

...and, now the last!

Rock on S.D.!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 8:02 pm   Permalink

SDCC was a blast! Thanks everybody, nice to meet you and keep swinging those blurry mallets!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 8:15 pm   Permalink

What a beautiful day!! The weather was great and the company was even better. Mieko & Phil-Thanks for opening up your house and yard to us. Mieko's mom and dad and Cammo kept us all well fed for the day. Big mahalos to them too.

Here are the pictures I took of the festivities. Another great round of tikis were born today. You should all be proud.

Aaron's big block of almond wood.

What is it gonna be??

can you recognize it yet??

CheekyGirl working on her first tiki

Kate & Cammo

Babalu working on his first tiki too

CheekyGirl, Babalu & 'Ona

4WDTiki taking his turn with the power tools

Clydesdalle taking a few minutes to sand his tiki

Clydesdale & Aaron watching over 'Ona

4WDTiki & Clydesdale playing with fire

Although he wasn't invited, this nice grasshopper decided to join in the on the carving. He couldn't find a log to suit himself, so went to work on one of Meiko's beautiful hibiscus.

can't wait for the next one.
Aloha!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 8:51 pm   Permalink

What a great bunch of tikis! ...and their carvers!!

Seriously, Zaya's group photo shows all of the different and excellent styles that emerged from today's efforts. It tells a thousand words. Really great laid back and enjoyable carving day.

Thanks Mieko & Phil for all of your hard work to put this together! And of course to your parents the "kitchen slaves"!

We need to do this more often...

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-02 9:44 pm   Permalink

Sorry we missed it today. Looks like you had great fun and produced some awesome tikis.

Can't wait till the next one!

Cyntiki & Bealza-Elvis

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 07:01 am   Permalink

Here's some more pix - no order at all -

4WD Billy-

Aaron 'First in the Phone Book' , Moki & Friend

Babalu - incredible is this is his first Tiki!

House of Buzzy - most chips flung by natural means;

Cheeky Chop -

Clysdalle right on it-

'ONA TIKI EMERGES FROM THE DARKNESS!

Kate in the light -

Mieko hosting and chopping at the same time -

E's a beaut, Dave -

The Christmas Volcano, it smokes and drips lava -

And this overlooks the house, of course it breathes fire -

Thanks to everybody, and Clysdalle has the fastest comeback quips of any human I've ever met! He's the Morey Amsterdam of 2006!

Thanks to Mieko & the whole family, those cement tikis you can spot in the background are her mom's!

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2006-12-03 07:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2006-12-03 07:03 ]

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation