FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 07:09 am   Permalink

What a great time!

Mieko and Phil, thank you so much for your hospitality. What a success! It was very cool being around a group of such talented folks.

Another huge thanks out to Ono for letting me use a couple of his chisels through out the day, and for showing me how to sharpen them...I have seen the light, and that light was reflected off of the end of a nice chisel!...

4WD...you the man! That was really cool of you to toss that dry 6 foot log in the back of my truck...I already have plans for it.

Buzzy, I really look forward to buzzing through some wood with you in the near future...man, can you ever fly through a log.

I can't wait for the next gathering.

Best to all,

Babalu

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-03 07:56 am   Permalink

MOKI Thanks for the fantastic photos,you all have so much talent. I wish i could have been there. Also I just got my hands on the latest copy of Tiki Magazine, WOW !! now the whole world can see your incredible yard and bar area. Hope to meet up with you and Ona again at the Bali Hai. Mark

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 09:52 am   Permalink

great time guys...thanks to everyone....and of course out hosts for killer drinks and those wonderful spam whach-a-macallits mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

always a good time and looking forward to the next one!!!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 12:22 pm   Permalink

Here are my photos from the event:

My favorite part of the day was right after lunch, I was carving and I looked up and saw 12 people all carving at the same time, totally locked on to the task, just as I was.

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 4:11 pm   Permalink

great pics....
Here is my Tiki from this weekends San Diego Chop chop... done and stained up....

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-03 7:12 pm   Permalink

Here's all my pictures from this Saturday's San Diego Chop Chop. It was so much fun meeting everyone!

Cheeky Girl

Babalu

OnaTiki

Tiki Kate

Mieko

TikiDav

Cammo

Clysdalle

Buzzzzzzzzzy (you show mine I'll show yours! )

Aarons Akua

4WDTiki

Clysdalle's finished tiki (front)

Back

Buzzy's tiki

Thanks again!

Zaya

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-03 8:05 pm   Permalink

Great pictures! Thank you to all who are posting them!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 12:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much to everyone that came, it was a really great day! I was so excited seeing so many great tikis in my backyard, I miss them already.

Extra special thanks to:
Buzzy for the logs
Cammo for all the awesome food
Moki & Ona for stands and chili and the rum
Tikidav for the fruit and that thing... what was it again?
Aaron for the mac salad - hey where was that from? Oh, and you left some AAC here...
TikiKate for the rum (we were out of that rum, btw)
Zaya for getting me hooked on woodburning and taking pictures
CheekyGirl for playing the ukelele
4WDtiki for the extra log
Clysdalle for showing me how fast a tiki can be done - and come out amazing as well
Babalu for the great ideas - I can't wait to try something like that braid on the back of your tiki
Mean Gene for the late night drop off of some ginger
My mom and dad for all their help with food and everything
My husband Phill for the great drinks

Who's hosting next? Buzzy?

All my pictures are here
http://picasaweb.google.com/miekos/SanDiegoChopChopDec2nd

My Favorites: Look at all those wood chips! They were all cleaned up, and my yard is cleaner than before.

Oh! That's the mess that a chainsaw makes.

Here's the back of Babalu's awesome first tiki

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 2:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 12:02, mieko wrote:Who's hosting next? Buzzy?

I don't know what the criteria are for having a host site, but I volunteer!
My yard is not as pretty as Mieko's, but it's bigger! We have a 1000 sq.ft. covered patio, and a 1 acre yard/field of dead grass.
I would be up for it AFTER the holidays.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 3:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 14:39, 4WDtiki wrote:
My yard is not as pretty as Mieko's, but it's bigger! We have a 1000 sq.ft. covered patio, and a 1 acre yard/field of dead grass.

Sounds great! Steps for hosting a SDCC:
Pick a date and time
Let us know what you can supply, and what you'd like people to bring
stress about not enough people showing, followed shortly by stressing about too many people coming
Arrange all the things you've promised to supply
Send out address
Figure out how to keep all those cool tikis people carved at your house (If you figure that one out, lemme know)

Looking forward to it! (Since my parents live close to you, I can probably wrangle them into cooking up more yakisoba, and I can make spam musubi.)

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-04 3:46 pm   Permalink

Mieko: If Aaron doesn't want the AAC, I'd like to have it. I can swing by and pick it up. Let me know.

4WD: I'm there!!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 3:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 14:39, 4WDtiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-12-04 12:02, mieko wrote:Who's hosting next? Buzzy?

wooohooooooo......chainsaw f'in mania!!!! I'm in!!!!

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-04 9:35 pm   Permalink

HEY all .... sorry I didnt make it down for your fun and festivities... but as I told Moki on the phone... I decided it was a better idea for me to stay in my workshop and knock out a couple projects that I needed to tackle.

One is the frame for MY Bosko/Hanalei print.

The other is the new prototype for my next album cover style.... more coming...

I missed hanging out with all of you

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 12:34 am   Permalink

I had a great time and learned so much. Many thanks to our hosts and everyone who shared their knowledge and tools!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 07:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 21:35, Monkeyman wrote:
One is the frame for MY Bosko/Hanalei print.

NICE!

Hey Monkey Man, your website looks great! I just put a link to you on Falling Cocos.

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation