FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
San Diego Chop Chop - new date 1/20 at 4WDTiki's in O'side
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 1:39 pm   Permalink

How is Sunday the 17th, for the next SD chop chop party at Buzzy's house? Three are confirmed so far. Anyone else up for it?
I think Charger game starts at 515. I think that I can move two TV's outside within the carving area for the day's NFL action, or, you can carve on my living room floor in front of the tv like I do.
The Buzzy amtrak shuttle can pick up people at the Old Town station, if some of our LA friends want to come. I think a train arrives there at 9am, and one leaves at about 4pm. The sun goes down at about 430 these days, but it is light until 5.
So, check your calendars folks and let me know. When I get 5 more people that will definitely attend on that Sunday, I'll start a new event thread so we can discuss what we need to acquire. Otherwise, on Sunday the 17th, I'll be at home, carving away with a couple of friends...

Power tools, chainsaws, all allowed.

Ok folks, chime in now....

Buzzy

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2006-12-06 16:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2006-12-06 16:17 ]

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-06 9:05 pm   Permalink

Hey, Buzzy great idea! I would definitely do it, but my holiday weekends are booked solid. We need to keep this local carving clan thing going, though we might need to change the name to "SoCal Chop-Chop" someday!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 11:25 am   Permalink

I'm a maybe for the 17th. I've got to be home for the Charger game (we host a regular group), and work was asking for volunteers to help with a special project, but I could probably skip that for a few hours of carving. Even if I do work, I think I can drop some spam musubi off if you need it.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 1:41 pm   Permalink

I'm not much of a carver (I'm more likely to cut myself than wood), but I'd like to check out you guys at work if that's OK. I'd even bring my own beer. And plus I live in Bay Park also.

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2006-12-07 13:41 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-07 8:10 pm   Permalink

Yes.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 11:03 am   Permalink

Hiltiki, Arriano: Your reservations are confirmed. Glad you guys will make it. I'll PM you later with the details.

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 11:14 am   Permalink

I would love to do this but I am tiki log deficient...Ideally I can pick up one before the chop chop... Also glad to bring libations, food etc.

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 11:37 am   Permalink

Sunday is always a real bad day for me, but I can stop by for a while. The House of Buzz is becoming the #3 tourist destination in California, right after Disneyland and Golden Gate Park.

Hey, you gotta take a sunset photo with the carvers!

Cammo Out

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-09 11:05 am   Permalink

Here's the two tikis (right two) I worked on at the Chop Chop, plus one extra (left one)!

[ This Message was edited by: 4WDtiki 2006-12-09 11:07 ]

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-09 4:19 pm   Permalink

I can't make it on the 17th, Buzzy. I agree with Aaron that the Chop Chop series should continue, so thanks for keeping it going in December even though I won't be at this one.

4WD: Those are some rockin' Tikis! I'm going to post shots of mine from the Chop Chop in the next few days.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 1:14 pm   Permalink

Hey Buzzy,

Just bopped back into SD last night...

I'm turned on to the idea of another chop on the 17th. No new chisels on my end (their on the X-mas list), but my HDepot ones are still kicking, and my teeth are sharp if I need-um.

Babalu

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 8:11 pm   Permalink

Cool pix.

Sweet Jeezuz! Who the hell let Moki run around with a chainsaw?... and I never noticed how often Cammo stands like Superman.

Anyway, lotsa good stuff guys...can't believe all the fun I missed.

Gonna have to go Chop Chop in the garage right now and pretend I'm surrounded by busy carving pals!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 10:03 pm   Permalink

We won't be able to make this one. It's geting pretty close to the holidays and we still have lots to do. Sorry to miss this one.

Hope you all have a good time. Enjoy Mieko's spam musubi's!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 09:46 am   Permalink

I've been slacking a bit in the carving department, but here's some shots of the Tiki I started at Mieko's party.

The wood is a little wet the deeper I cut into it, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. Gotta finish this guy up so I can get another going!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 10:02 am   Permalink

Thats looking fantastic so far.

I really like the lines and the depth of the cuts..

Cool.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation