FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts NEW mug - Pia-kua from tikiracer [making of pics]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
NEW mug - Pia-kua from tikiracer [making of pics]
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 11:20 am   Permalink

Sweet pics.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 12:37 pm   Permalink

Flaming Limes are cool. Just remember not to melt the straw.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 12:48 pm   Permalink

I really like your concept 2D art for this as well as the mug, very nice craftsmanship and results.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 1:18 pm   Permalink

great stuff!!!!! makes me thirsty!!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-24 5:17 pm   Permalink

Sweet

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 09:05 am   Permalink

Thanks for the cool feedback, always welcome.

Here's the latest [thanks to cheekytiki for the spy pics] photos from the project

HOT out of the kiln...

If you scroll up and down fast it's like its alive!!!

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 07:35 am   Permalink

here's the latest news ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCpVO-gG9hE

... more tomorrow.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 10:26 am   Permalink

excellent trailer for the mug. It worked : it made me want one !

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 10:36 am   Permalink

Where did you find such skillful actors for your video?

I've seen the finished product, folks. These mugs are beauties!

Can't wait to own one,
Chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 1:39 pm   Permalink

That's so rad, I love that stuff. Great lookin' mugs and Tiki Chris looks just like a bonafide Zombie! Scary
MORE MUGS! MORE VIDEO, MORE RUM!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 3:10 pm   Permalink

They're coming to get you Barbara! Can that be right? No one has said 'Dead Cool' yet? What in tarnation is going here? We had every faith in you Tiki Racer but you really nailed this one in the head! This ZOMBIE mug is going to be on everyone's wants list I'm sure. Another fine example of BRITIKI in action...When there's no room left in HELL the BRITS will walk the Earth!!!! Send more Paramedics...Send more MAI-TAIs!!! Sorry if I miss-quoted anything there, but the MAI-TAIs are starting to kick in. And, for all you 'anorak wearing horror fans' who are about to post....Chill out and have a ZOMBIE dudes!

Seriously...Great job done by an up and coming Tiki artist who, I'm sure, will become more widely known with each creation he presents. Keep up the good work TIKI RACER...we know you can deliver!!!

Sorry to end on a low note, but who are those losers in the News Report? Surely you could have done better than these 'low lifes' and 'hangers on'? Ditch 'em before they bring you down ol' boy!!!! Mark my words...They will!!!

All the Best from Tiki Towers - Trader Jim & Sian The Beachcomber xx
(Make mine a limited edition ZOMBIE!)

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 6:33 pm   Permalink

REALLLY GREAT! Great Mug, and a commercial too! Well done Tiki Racer! I think I dig the monotoned version though... brings out the detail. Beautiful work!
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 12:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great feedback, I put some more sales details on my marketplace thread but here's just the pics again.

The set includes handpainted mug and numbered by the artist [me!]. The mug is packaged in a body bag, sealed with a hazard sticker to ensure fresh delivery of your undead drinkware.
A limited edition giclee art print [A5 image on an A4 sheet] of my original mug design, signed and numbered [numbers match the mug] by me.

There is also included a [death] certificate [again signed by the artist] to prove that's authentic and cause of dead.

This is limited to only 50 sets.

the zombie mug

mug detail

body bag

giclee art print

death certificate

... The dead drink again

Devil Reef Bar Blog

frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 12:34 pm   Permalink

Did you shoot that in a morgue? If you did that was a great idea. If not tell people you did, 'cause it's a great idea.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 08:29 am   Permalink

Thanks for the great feedback, we had loads of fun making these mugs and all the stuff to go with them.

Thanks to Cheekytiki, trader jim and sian from pocketiki, tiki chris and alone for their support in getting this together.

The buy now details are now live on the marketplace thread

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=23034&forum=12&8

Devil Reef Bar Blog

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation