FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Day Dec. 10 (pics posted)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Sacramento Day Dec. 10 (pics posted)
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 06:00 am   Permalink

just a couple more days.........I'm Ready......ready for a Mai Tai!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 6:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-04 13:07, Dr.TikiMojo wrote:
Weather permitting I'll plan on bringing the pick up truck and a lot of Carved Tikis.

We're cutting prices down on these to clear our stock so it's a great chance to get yourself a carved Tiki in many sizes, desk top to yard size!

We probably won't bring much else this time around....unless requested.

We are able to take CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS for those short on cash!

Well, we didn't hear much interest in us bring a bunch of Tiki items and art out to Sacramento this time and the weather has turned foul!
So unless there is a massive change over Saturday night to Sunday morning we're not planning on a lot of heavy lifting and exposing the carved Tikis to the weather!

Since this is a BUSINESS for us we will likely take the Tiki Cruiser with a few items that are easy to get at and our wireless credit card processor.
Then if we have items that Bo wants to trade or if people want something to buy we're set!

Mostly we're going out to Sacramento to have fun and hang with the SacTown Ohana!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 12:24 am   Permalink

Bump!

Hope everything is still a go with the rain and all?

As I said, we're still going to drive up there although without the Tikis now and if it's a down pour I doubt we'll take anything out of the car.

would be good!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 07:28 am   Permalink

It's a go Dr Tiki Mojo...Talked to Bo yesterday, he was sprucing up his place...also talked to Swanberg's. They are still making us mai Tai's. I know aloha current and his wife will be there and hopefully a few others. We may get a break from the rain for a bit today......See you there!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 09:11 am   Permalink

See you guys in a bit....

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 09:35 am   Permalink

see ya soon!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 10:04 am   Permalink

Yup, this is my last check in.....looks good....moderate sun, no down pour.....

THE TIKI GODS HAVE SMILED ON US!

kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 10:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-10 10:04, Dr.TikiMojo wrote:
Yup, this is my last check in.....looks good....moderate sun, no down pour.....

THE TIKI GODS HAVE SMILED ON US!

wait til ya get to sactown. no sun, just rain!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-11 07:07 am   Permalink

Hi, if you went to Bo's can you post photos? Could you describe the event and tell what treasures you found? We were thinking of you all while we worked, Dan and Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 08:02 am   Permalink

Ok ...here we go.....The gang getting started at Bo's........Bo knows Tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: moondog426 2006-12-11 08:34 ]

moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 08:33 am   Permalink

started out at Bo's... great turn out and the weather gave us a break for the little bit of driving we had to do on our Sacramento Tiki Day of Discovery....

part of Bo's Red devil collection

THIS TIKI BAR IS FOR SALE....Bo has many in his shop

a sampling of Bo's collection

when at Bo's be sure and have a Tiki Punch........this was the last non-alcoholic beverage we had the rest of the day!

then it was off to Swanberg's...Where it's ''Casual Friday'' everyday!

In honor of our visit, Loren made Mai Tai's and gave us the receipe to the Correl Reef's Mai Tai

ah decisions decisions...Swanberg's had some cool vintage mugs for sale as well as great clothing.

A real treat was seeing Kingstyedie and his wife's incredible Tiki Collection

Here is some of The Tiki Tony artwork.

some more tikis!!!!!

after our visit we headed over to Eastern Empire for some Mai Tai's and Scorpion Bowls (no you could not keep the mugs!) and then one more Mai Tai at my place. I don't have any pics from the last 2 stops but many were shooting, so stay tuned. It was a great day from start to finish. Sorry Wendy and Dan couldn't make it. Thanks to everyone for making this a special day...I'm thinking we'll be doing something in the not to distant future...as well as a Road Trip to Forbidden Island.

tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 1:30 pm   Permalink

Darn, how could I have missed this thread?? Just getting back from Maui and I haven't been able to keep up with the postings, I guess. Looks like great fun in Sacramento, wish I could have joined in. Someone nudge me next time I fall asleep, please!

Here's to next time!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 3:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-11 13:30, tikiwinebear wrote:
Darn, how could I have missed this thread?? Just getting back from Maui and I haven't been able to keep up with the postings, I guess. Looks like great fun in Sacramento, wish I could have joined in. Someone nudge me next time I fall asleep, please!

Here's to next time!

- Myke

Hey Myke,

That's what I was thinking with so many Bay Area TC Ohana that no one would make the drive in the rain! Mrs.Mojo and I have been shocked by the dedicated collectors of Sacramento!

We started at Bo's Sign Shop.....what a hidden TREASURE!

Paintings by JAMIO

Some Witco pieces

Tiki, Rat Fink, Hot Rods, Bowling...there was no limit to this collection!

Bo has a PAIR of these 15' foot Tall Witco Poles/Columns FOR SALE!

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 3:25 pm   Permalink

Next stop SWANBERGS where they prep us for our shopping experience with Mai Tais....that's the way to sell!

Bullet Buying MORE MUGS! When is enough, enough?

As the line of TCers at the register forms Swanbergs realizes they should serve Rum drinks to customers more ofter! I think we made their Christmas quota! GREAT HAWAIIAN SHIRTS - BEST BRANDS INCLUDING VINTAGE!

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 3:28 pm   Permalink

Ever wonder where Dr.TikiMojo gets his beard styled?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation