FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Babalu - Lapatiki 3 - The way out is the way through
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Babalu - Lapatiki 3 - The way out is the way through
Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 07:18 am   Permalink

Nothing like drinking from a handmade mug. Pretty nice, both of them, but I'm pretty fond of how you keep working your theme in new and interesting ways. Makes me smile.

Are they low fire? I'm still looking forward to the clay conversation. Sending you PM. Maybe we can get a 'fire' under it!

Peace...

Peace up.

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 11:13 am   Permalink

Babalu thats an Awwesome bunch of mugs there and I really wish thyey were Here instead.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 8:03 pm   Permalink

That's funny as heck, Babs. These mugs are the very first ones that have made me literally laugh out loud.

Can I carve little carrot designs all over the blank areas? And are you going to finish it in ...

Pink & White?

Baby Blue & White?

Carrot Orange and Green?

Easter Fantasia????? (Pink, yellow, white, sky blue and egg yolk orange)

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 11:49 am   Permalink

HAPPY BUNNY DAY!!!

Thanks for bouncing in Hip Hip Your party bowl is next up...I have a start on it. It will be interesting to see if I can make this low fire clay sculpturally do what it is that I want it to do...stay tuned.

Piapo - You da man! Thanks for the schooling....."Rapetiki"...yes, yes...I like it! Here's a cool picture of Lapakahi on the Big Island.

Mudslinger - Thanks for the pms...It is fun shooting the bull with another clay nut.

Ben - Thanks, Your swap piece is sure making me Happy, Happy too!

Cammo - Sure brother, I'll glaze one of these mugs off the cuff...I'm seeing some fun coloring on one of these as well.

Well, This guy is just about done. I still have a little bit of burning to do on him yet, but he is very close. This guy is still very wet, and I may or may not have to fix a crack when he dries out. It's funny, I will most likely put a few coats of Spar on him when he dries, but I really don't think he will ever look better than he does right now. Kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but this drying palm has this wonderful light yellow hue to it that really turns me on. It will fade as the piece dries.

Sometimes, if an image of the "Great Mother" starts to show through in a carving, you just have to let it happen...Right Piapo?

Here is one area where I have not finished the burn yet, but you can see how I wish to depict a great battle tattooed on the ears.

This is what happens when you put your fingers to close to a mad rabbit.

I polled from many folks...eyes, or no eyes? Kinny is of the no eyes clan. It's running about 80% keep the eyes - 20% loose the eyes.

Birdman's boy got a little too close yesterday as well

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 12:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Babalu, I love seeing you HappyHappy.
I'll vote to keep the eyes, we can't have a blind Rapetiki running loose, especially one who likes to Bite so much. I can see he took a lot of effort and planning and then he just came out the way HE Wanted to, Love those kind.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 12:14 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff Babalu! I vote yes on the eyes, maybe nice sliver "brow" shaped ones... but eyes for sure Happy Bunny Day All!!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 12:30 pm   Permalink

Gotta have eyes, maybe different from the poppers. He's great whatever you decide.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the cave drawings on the ears. You go Babalu! May the Bunny Mother Goddess be with you. Pretty nice bowl you got going on there too. The method looks very familiar.

Happy Birth Day Rick!

[ This Message was edited by: Robin 2008-03-24 06:15 ]

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 2:52 pm   Permalink

Holy Rabid Rabbit! I agree he looks great now, the yellowy palm makes him look soft. I'm sure it'll great no matter what you do to 'em.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 6:38 pm   Permalink

No Eyes!
At least not those eyes....
CARVE some eyes there using the arch already provided!
great seeing you yesterday!
Beautiful,amazing Bunny lapatiki
but i'm taking your bunny to court for injuries sustained!
Happy birthday!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook and now Instagram under Ken Ruzic
AW Jeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 6:52 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday Rick!!!

Lapatiki doesn't even need to be pink now 'cause the ear tattoos just completely crank up the cute factor.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 6:55 pm   Permalink

Hey LLT, lets make it a class action thing, my son is acting wierd today (More so than usual!)!

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 7:49 pm   Permalink

Happy B-day Babs! Thanks again for the mug, and just being you! See you in court!

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-24 05:36 am   Permalink

Fun stuff Babalu, I really like the "war tats" on the ears.
I'm sure whatever YOU decide on the eyes will be fine.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-24 4:59 pm   Permalink

I vote eyes.

Babs,

Those cave (ear) drawings are too much. I about messed myself when I saw the pics. I love it. They remind me of Sid the sloth. Happy happy!

The Rapetiki is great! I love his LapaHei and all the crazy little touches you have put into him. Careful, your artistic genius is showing......

I'm a big fan,

G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-31 09:41 am   Permalink

Bump, here's my vote where you been my friend. alot of cool creative art here,hope to see more soon, Aloha your friend Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation