FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Babalu - Lapatiki 3 - The way out is the way through
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Babalu - Lapatiki 3 - The way out is the way through
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 11:30 am   Permalink

Hey,

I'm of to a wedding...will post more later...

[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/6025x45d8a84c.jpg[/img

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 12:32 pm   Permalink

Very Nice.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-18 5:57 pm   Permalink

I hope you share a couple wedding pictures.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 12:14 pm   Permalink

Wow, the altar looks great!!! Did you get through the wedding before the rain started? I was worried about you guys. Hope the wedding was great, tried to make it down there to see the altar, but things came up.
Can't wait to see you at the next chop chop, now that this is done.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 06:44 am   Permalink

Hey All,

Well, I have some of the photos back now. Here is how the alter played out in this little fairy tale....

My Pop was a huge help during this wedding...I couldn't have pulled it all off without him.

This is how the alter looked right after set up...

Isn't she beautiful!

They sailed off at the end of the night from the dock at the Bali Hai.

Ok, I guess I will throw this in too...Babalu doing his best Willy Wonka. I want to thank Ben for the moai pendant...I was very lucky, and in the right place at just the right time in order to get my hands on this. Though not as big as Buzzy's, it sure added some major class to this standard monkey suit.

Now that this is all over, the build will continue in a big way....coming soon...The Babalu Lounge.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-23 07:06 am   Permalink

Simply spectacular, Babalu! Impressive beyond belief! You are definitely the man!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 08:33 am   Permalink

She is beautiful!! I love the way her veil floats behind her. I haven't posted in your thread before but I've been one of those lurkers.

I admire your attention to detail. You are a master craftsman to have pulled this off. Congratulations!! Now that the big day is over, don't forget us here.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 09:23 am   Permalink

Wow, You're a great dad to put in all that effort. Most would just stroke a check and head to the bar. I hope the altar finds a good home in your upcoming private paradise. As long as there are no murderous bunnies I can envision it being a classic.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 09:29 am   Permalink

Man, the whole event looks absolutely stunning, alter, flowers, tikis etc, oh and not forgeting the bride. Over in the UK it's cold and raining, these pics have surely cheered me up.
That reminds me, I promised my girlfriend I would marry her soon, fancy renting the set up!!!!!!!
Superb.
Pass on my Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 12:07 pm   Permalink

...WoW Babalu!! I've never being to friendly with the marriage concept... But now what can I say....
Your daughter is really beautiful , and looks very in love with his husband, the altar and everything around looks simply Gorgeous!! The pics shows a lot of love and magic in the air, I'm very happy for you, and very glad that this kind of ceremonies exist! Best wishes to you all!! (and to grand pa too!'cause we know he had a lot to do with it )

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 12:54 pm   Permalink

well done! that sure turned out magnificent. there is some great work there

p.s.- that top hat is awsome

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 9:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks all for your nice words. I really appreciate it.

Off to find my next log....

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 06:03 am   Permalink

Babalu, I can't believe how well this All came together to create a most Beautiful Wedding experience, and to top it off, the pictures were excellent. It really shows that you put Many hours of TLC into this project. Every phase and section came together in the end and I'm sure making you Very Proud. What a Beautiful creation. I am Truely Impressed!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-24 6:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben. I appreciate your words.

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 8:33 pm   Permalink

Wheeler,

Thanks for helping a brother in need...I think I will name this one Bill.

enough for tonight...time for dinner...

hummm...a whole different kind of carving!...the "Tiki Dog" is born! :-)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation