FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » sams seafood reopening!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
sams seafood reopening!!!!
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 08:46 am   Permalink

Aloha.

I met with Allan the other day.

Sam's is on it's road to recovery.

They're doing what they can to get the doors open so,

don't get all snippy if there is slight change.

MAhalos

Bamboo Ben.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 09:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-08 08:46, RevBambooBen wrote:

Isn't that the idea for grand openings

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 10:28 am   Permalink

The world outside of TC needs to know. How about posting updates on the official webpage?

www.SAMSSEAFOOD.COM

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-08 11:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

Aloha.

MAhalos

Bamboo Ben.

Shootz! If Ben is there, then we have no worries! For those worried about updating, I'd have no fears. Ben does top notch work! If the place is getting cleaned up, and the new owner(s) are willing to put some dough into a bit of refurb, then kudos to them.
Can't wait to get back to Sam's and get me a scorpion!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 8:12 pm   Permalink

All is Good!

Soon,

The Only Real Tiki Bar in the OC will be open again!

Hang tight or Hang Loose!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 8:19 pm   Permalink

Mr. Ben could you tell me if the bus stops by Sams?

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-12 09:10 am   Permalink

Part of me wishes I never left the OC. The other part steps in it.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-12 10:04 am   Permalink

Mahalos all around to the ohana who are keeping us in the loop. Sam's was closed the day we stopped by when I was out for New Years last year and I was afeared that an opportunity was forever lost. Now it looks like all is well with the World. Good luck to the folks re-opening this OC gem.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

Aloha.

MAhalos

Bamboo Ben.

Interesting question. Is a de-tikified, or reduced tikified, Sam's which is open better the incredible classic tiki bar mecca, complete with thatch, that Sam's used to be when open?

Is a new watered-down version a ongoing humiliation to the memory, or is any tiki, in whatever state (although if Bamboo Ben is involved it probably will be good), better than no tiki at all?

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 2006-12-16 22:32 ]

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 12:47 pm   Permalink

Dr. TikiMojo,
I am both insulted and offended by your ridiculous photo. What gives you the right to mock Polynesian culture by mimicking the traditional Maori Ta Moko tatau? Your photo is pure buffoonery and in bad taste!!! It borders on dressing up in "Black Face"!!!

Get educated!!!

[ This Message was edited by: MTKahuna 2006-12-16 12:56 ]

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 4:50 pm   Permalink

Is that what that is supposed to be?
I thought it was a leprechaun/Celtic marking of some sort.
Guess the hat threw me.

Hey what do I know?

Except uke chords.
Those I know.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 6:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-16 12:47, MTKahuna wrote:
Dr. TikiMojo,
I am both insulted and offended by your ridiculous photo. What gives you the right to mock Polynesian culture by mimicking the traditional Maori Ta Moko tatau? Your photo is pure buffoonery and in bad taste!!! It borders on dressing up in "Black Face"!!!

Get educated!!!

Dear Dr. Tikimojo,
I too, am greatly insulted and offended by your photo. You see, I am 1/235 Cherokee Indian. As far as the tatau issue goes, as a Native American I could care less. However, what offends me is the fact that you used the medium of photography. You see, I saw on an old movie that redskins think that when you take a picture, you are actually stealing the soul from the person being photographed. Therefore, what gives you the right to steal the soul of the person in the photograph? This is as bad as doing the tomahawk chop at an atlanta braves game.

Watch more TV!!!!

I'm also a Spanish moor, so watch out or I will rape and pillage your culture...

Oh, too late!
Modern California Christmas Polypopart Tikis For Sale! PM Buzzy before Chakunah ends!

Who the hell is Sam anyway?

If You Don't Agree With Me Then You Are A Racist Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 10:14 pm   Permalink

Just curious: I thought Dr.TikiMojo's pic was of Eric Idle from an old Monty Python skit. Am I correct?

The hat reminds me of those the Beefeaters wear at the Tower of London.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 12:25 am   Permalink

Come to think of it, Bamboo Ben's picture is a little disturbing.
I want to swab the decks and shiver some timbers every time I see it.

tj, I don't think that's Eric Idle.
KnowwhatImean - winkwink - nudgenudge - saynomore.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 09:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-16 18:20, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-12-16 12:47, MTKahuna wrote:
Dr. TikiMojo,

Get educated!!!

Dear Dr. Tikimojo,
I too, am greatly insulted and offended by your photo. You see, I am 1/235 Cherokee Indian. As far as the tatau issue goes, as a Native American I could care less. However, what offends me is the fact that you used the medium of photography. You see, I saw on an old movie that redskins think that when you take a picture, you are actually stealing the soul from the person being photographed. Therefore, what gives you the right to steal the soul of the person in the photograph? This is as bad as doing the tomahawk chop at an atlanta braves game.

Watch more TV!!!!

I'm also a Spanish moor, so watch out or I will rape and pillage your culture...

Oh, too late!
Modern California Christmas Polypopart Tikis For Sale! PM Buzzy before Chakunah ends!

Who the hell is Sam anyway?

If You Don't Agree With Me Then You Are A Racist Buzzy Out!

Buzzy you're way-out.
I'm highly aware of the PolyPop and tiki revival. Hell, I'm a big supporter!!!
But, the question that I ask myself is "Where and when do I draw the line?"

I strongly take offense to the images that perpetuate negative stereotypes. That photo is ridiculous (regardless of who it is). If you’re someone who believes that it's okay to show images of “drunken Indians”,“lazy Mexicans” or "savage Polynesians" then perhaps you should evaluate your own insecurities and short-commings.

Once you’re done justifying your ignorance by your blatant disrespect for other cultures, perhaps you'd be interested in the truth.

I'd like to invite you, and anyone else, to an educational Polynesian event.
PM If you’re interested.

MT Out!

[ This Message was edited by: mtkahuna 2006-12-17 18:35 ]

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation