FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Get-together at Hula's in Santa Cruz - Sat, 12/23
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Get-together at Hula's in Santa Cruz - Sat, 12/23
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 01:48 am   Permalink

Alright -- I've heard from Unga Bunga, and we're a go for SATURDAY -- I'll call tomorrow to make a reservation (or at least warn them there's a tiki-lovin' storm a-brewin'). It'd be a huge help if those who will be there can chime in so we have something headcount-ish. I'll post again soon with the specific time once I've talked to Hula's, but it'll be Saturday evening.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 10:42 am   Permalink

How late do you think you'll be staying?

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 11:30 am   Permalink

Count me in for Sat.

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 6:24 pm   Permalink

I just talked to Chris at Hula's, and we're set for 7:30 Saturday night (he's setting us up in the Tiki Room).

Now that we've got a final date & time, please give a quick final yay or nay here on this thread. Even though Hula's is new, they're jampacked every night of the week -- Chris will be able to make room for us and make sure we have a great time, but it'll go a lot smoother if we can do our part by letting him know what to expect ahead of time.

Looking forward to seeing everybody this Saturday!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 6:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-21 10:42, TofuJoe wrote:
How late do you think you'll be staying?

You know Hanford & me -- there's a good chance we'll be there 'til they kick us out. We'll probably be there pretty late. I forgot to ask Chris what time they close.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-12-22 02:02 am   Permalink

My better half and I will be there.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 08:40 am   Permalink

Have fun my brothers and sisters. I won't be out but I'll be thinking of the fun I'm missing. Although we will be having a little shindig here with family and friends.
Merry Christmas!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 3:39 pm   Permalink

Mrs.Mojo & I will be there!

It may be our last Tiki shindig for 2006!

We plan to make a Tiki Day of it though and go by way of San Jose, stopping at the Tiki bar at the San Jose before it's gone and I think there was one other!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 4:15 pm   Permalink

Just spoke with Bamzeno and he is gonna pop over too, so add another monkey to the head count.
See ya Tommorrow!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jazzman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-12-22 10:51 pm   Permalink

Won't make it at 7:30 for sure but hoping to come by later.
-Sam

View Profile of jazzman Send a personal message to jazzman  Email jazzman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-23 4:27 pm   Permalink

I just called Hula's with our final head count of 14 (they're expecting a bit of plus-or-minus with that number, so if you're deciding to come at the last-minute, come on down and join us). They're open 'til 11 or later, depending on business.

Here's the address:

221 Cathcart St.
Santa Cruz, CA

It's just off Pacific, on the south side of Cathcart -- you can't miss it.

See you all tonight, at 7:30!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-24 11:45 am   Permalink

It was so great to see everybody last night! The food was delicious, and the company was even better. Thanks for having us over, Chongolio! My schlumpy Coco Joe's Lono is very happy in his new home. I don't have time today to pull out all the great photos (gotta get ready for family tomorrow), but I have got all my pics up on my photo site:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/tchulas/

Let's do it again soon!

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-25 5:50 pm   Permalink

What fun, what fun! I for one had a great time but was payin' for it the next day. The new Hula's looks great, the food tasty and our waitress Hanna was friendly and did a great job. It was really cool to hang out with everybody again in my area code and to have do a little entertainin' back at the lost-Isle. Let do it again real! Here are a couple of my pics. You want more? Visit Barefoot Bloggin'

Hanford teachin' the kids a the right way to play patty cake

Unga goes to Heaven

Onatiki's gigantic lamp

Martiki can crush your skull with his barehands.

Chongolio

BTW...Friends tell friends when they have stuff in their teeth

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ This Message was edited by: chongolio 2007-01-18 22:19 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation