FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Free Downloadable Tiki Central Prints! Artists needed...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Free Downloadable Tiki Central Prints! Artists needed...
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-29 06:47 am   Permalink

Since we will now have that ability to capture some of the great art on here for FREE, I have a question. It would be all well and good for me to print this stuff out on my home printer but can you take a file to somewhere like Kinko's and get a higher quality printing, maybe on some sort of art stock type paper?

I haven't seen seen any art yet and I can already picture my world improving!

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-29 07:16 am   Permalink

I probably would have to do a out of house print place too cause I switched to a new printer and it bites. Too cheap and I do like to print out reference photos. It's just not good enough.

But yes, you can always email the photos to where ever you want or bring on any form of storage, but I don't know what the highest quality prints look like from the print shop.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-29 2:45 pm   Permalink

How about giclee prints? How and where can you get those done?

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-29 2:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-29 06:47, Surf tiki wrote:
Since we will now have that ability to capture some of the great art on here for FREE, I have a question. It would be all well and good for me to print this stuff out on my home printer but can you take a file to somewhere like Kinko's and get a higher quality printing, maybe on some sort of art stock type paper?

We dont have Kinko's down here, so I dont know what theyre like. But as TeaKEY said, most print places will accept images in file format - be it on disc or CD, emailed, or USB drive/flash disk/jump drive thingy. And yes many of these places will have nice paper and high quality printing. Shop around, all of them should have display samples of different papers and print qualities.

Quote:
I haven't seen seen any art yet and I can already picture my world improving!

Ah yes, someone gets it

Quote:
How about giclee prints? How and where can you get those done?

I dont know who in the states does this, and all that. As I said above, shop around.

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2006-12-29 14:59 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-29 5:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-29 06:47, Surf tiki wrote:

Yes, you will be able to do this! I have done many 11" X 17" posters for bands and my magazine. As long as the artwork was created at 300dpi and at the actual print size, it will come out awesome. I do all my stuff at Staples, but Kinkos and Office Max and places like that will be able to do it also.
Just a thought, but it may be wise to keep all the artwork at a consistent size (such as 11" X 17") because that is the largest size most print shops can do on their color copiers. Anything bigger will probably cost a lot more too!
This is gonna be cool!!!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-31 4:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-29 17:27, Lukeulele wrote:
Just a thought, but it may be wise to keep all the artwork at a consistent size (such as 11" X 17") because that is the largest size most print shops can do on their color copiers. Anything bigger will probably cost a lot more too!

Standard size sounds like a good idea, 11" X 17" sounds good too.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-31 10:40 pm   Permalink

Hewey,
Is this kind of what you had in mind? If so, who should I send the high rez file to?
I'm working on another one, but it might take a while longer.

[ This Message was edited by: Lukeulele 2007-05-05 11:50 ]

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-01 08:59 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Capt'n Skully 2007-02-02 22:38 ]

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-01 5:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-31 22:40, Lukeulele wrote:
Hewey,
Is this kind of what you had in mind? If so, who should I send the high rez file to?

Thats cool man Tikiracer had offered to convert to pdf, I will PM to check this out with him.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 02:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-01 17:39, hewey wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-12-31 22:40, Lukeulele wrote:
Hewey,

Thats cool man Tikiracer had offered to convert to pdf, I will PM to check this out with him.

I think I PM'd everybody with Tikiracers details. Im sure I PMd some people multiple times, and I might have missed someone. If I missed you let me know and I will PM ya his details.

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 04:11 am   Permalink

Hey, am I too late? I have a photo that I would like to submit. I've got the Racer's contact info. So, I'll just shoot him the image.

Great idea!
Chris
www.tikichris.com

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 06:48 am   Permalink

We are working on ours and hope to have something by the end of this weekend. Looking forward to seeing everones stuff.

Hewey, has hanford given you a copy of the logo yet?

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KU-KU for Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-10 09:41 am   Permalink

Hi Hewey,

I am fairly new to Tiki Central, but would love to create an illustration also!
Is there still time? Is there a deadline?

Here's a link to see some of my art(pics on both pages)
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22363&forum=18&23&PHPSESSID=ba481f203c1b9f4288731d1d7871aee1

Thanks!

View Profile of KU-KU for Tiki Send a personal message to KU-KU for Tiki  Goto the website of KU-KU for Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 12:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-10 04:11, Tiki Chris wrote:
Hey, am I too late? I have a photo that I would like to submit. I've got the Racer's contact info. So, I'll just shoot him the image.

No time limit mate, yeh just send it direct to him. Sounds cool

Quote:
Hewey, has hanford given you a copy of the logo yet?

Nah, he's been pretty busy (as everyone is recovering after christmas and new years). He might have sent it to Tikiracer though. Ill chase him up

Quote:
I am fairly new to Tiki Central, but would love to create an illustration also!
Is there still time? Is there a deadline?

There is no deadline, so I think you should have enough time Ill PM ya da racers contact details.

Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-02 9:54 pm   Permalink

Will the artwork be posted in this thread, or elsewhere?
Can't wait to get my grubby mitts on some cool prints!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation