FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 12:41 pm   Permalink

According to my pals at Reyn Spooner, Christmas in Hawaii was celebrated 8 years after Captain James Cook discovered the Hawaiian Islands for the Western World.

The first Hawaii Noel was held in 1786 aboard the British ship Queen Charlotte, as it lay anchored in Waimea Bay, Kauai, the same bay where Captain Cook made his discovery. To treat his crew to a Christmas dinner, Captain George Dixon ordered a pig from the Hawaiian village on shore, had it roasted, and then, in the spirit of the season, concocted Hawaii's first exotic drink my mixing an extra ration of the crew's grog with some coconut juice.

The crew of Queen Charlottes's companion ship, King George, went ashore on Kauai and played Santa Claus, distributing small gifts to the people of Waimea.

Though they knew nothing about the significance of the day, the Hawaiians, with their traditional generousity, rose to the occaision. Chief Tyaana, aboard a long double canoe, visited Captain Nathaniel Portlock, skipper of the King George, bringing him a present of some pigs and vegetables. Captain Portlock returned the gesture, which pleased the Chief very much. It was the first exchange of Christmas gifts in Hawaii.

First introduced in 1983, Reyn Spooner continues the traditon of an annual Hawaiian Christmas shirt. Coveted by collectors and admirers alike, each year's new edition is offered as a Special Limited Edition.

“Hawaiian Christmas 2008” A collage of Christmas past, combined with Reyn's signature Hawaiian Nene Goose.
Cream reverse print, button front, Spooner Kloth: 60% pima cotton, 40% polyester. Special Limited Edition! $79 M,L,XL XXL

Dig this tropical ocean parade! A Hawaiian nautical collection decorated for the Holidays. We have a neighborhood holiday ragata similar to this each year in Mission Bay!
Button front, Beach Washed Blend fabric: 35% Pima Cotton, 65% Polyester. $74 M,L,XL,XXL

Of course we've always got a hand picked selection of Spooners more "Old Schooly" logo and design tees. All roud twenty bucks!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-20 11:21 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 5:02 pm   Permalink

We save coins from our gumball machine each year for a So Cal Christmas Trip. This year: Disneyland! It also happened to be Erik The Red's Birthday! Happy Birthday Red!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 5:10 pm   Permalink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!!!

Hank what are your Xmas store hours? I have to come shopping for something.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 5:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Babs, Got your message & hope you're feeling better. Be sure to eat plenty of carrots!

Freaky Boutiki Holiday Hours: 10ish till 6ish, but I'll always hang around if you call and say you're on your way.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 5:41 pm   Permalink

Mieko's tiki santa resin pendant last year was such a big hit at Freaky Boutiki naturally I encouraged her to follow up for 2008... and what a great choice:

Mieko's 2008 Limited Christmas Edition Santa Moai!

Each Moai is signed by Mieko and dated as a 2008 Limited Christmas Edition. $20

hand finished resin casting
$20

*** SOLD OUT ***

Also dig these awesome Birdman pendant hand finished by Mieko at the Second Anniversary Gathering of the now legendary Tiki Carvers Front Of San Diego (not to be confused with the San Diego Tiki Carvers Front or those darn San Diego Carving Tiki Fronters).

hand finished resin casting
$20

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-03 14:09 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 1:53 pm   Permalink

Look who we bumped into last night on Hodaddy Lagoon! It's ol' Sandy Claws himself. I suppose he came to watch the Christmas boat regatta. Something like a hundred boats all decked out in electric Santas and mermaids and the like... yep, Dont' miss this next year. It's viewable for free just steps from any of the Catamaran Resort's bars!

MO HO HO HO!

Only twelve more days till Christmas so it's time to surrender my stash of this season's highly anticipated Go Tiki Mo Ho Ho Ho moai mugs to new homes!

#2 & #3 from 2008's ULTRA LIMITED CHRISTMAS EDITION OF TEN!!!

On your mark, get set, GoGo!

*** SOLD ***

*** SOLD ***

Don't forget these other limited goodies from GoGo!

***RARE RARE RARE***
Artist's Proof #2 (yes I said NUMBER TWO)- $42

Ki'i Akua LTD 17/50- $35

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-19 13:40 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 2:27 pm   Permalink

The Return Of Shrunkle

My last group of New Limited Edition Squid's sold in less than a day, but Dave was kind enough to send a couple more goodies. Mercie Squid.

Hey Squiddly howz 'bout a naughty french postcard from La GALERIE MEYER à l'ART OCEANIEN.

Low numbers, kiddies... low numbers...

Uncle Shrunkle 17/80
*** SOLD ***

Yeti- 4/75

Sassquatch- 4/75

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-17 15:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-17 15:53 ]

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 5:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-12 17:10, Babalu wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!!!

Hank what are your Xmas store hours? I have to come shopping for something.

Thanks Babs! If the merch is sellin I'll be there Chistmas eve 'till 6 or when Boss Lady lets us go. Call us from the mobile if you are coming down so we are sure to stay.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 5:30 pm   Permalink

Just so ya knows, we still have a few 'Ona Tiki lamps.

Gas is now low enough now you can start burning that electricity for your home bar parties.....

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipaka
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-15 12:59 am   Permalink

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee. All of it, I'll take one of each please.

View Profile of tikipaka Send a personal message to tikipaka  Email tikipaka Goto the website of tikipaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-18 3:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-14 17:30, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Just so ya knows, we still have a few 'Ona Tiki lamps.

Gas is now low enough now you can start burning that electricity for your home bar parties.....

Yes Indeedy these are legendary often imitated OnaTik Originals.

If you ask any honest Southern California Poly-pop lamp maker they will likely tell you that Ona is Al'ii, and possibly the only reason they now have the knowledge to make lamps at all. While his field of peers has grown in the past several years, few succeed in duplicating Ona's signature simplicity of design.

Far from the hanging electric birthday cakes of his recent imitators Ona's work remains elegant, tasteful and sophisticated.

Ready to hang and plug-in, the smaller colored tapa barrels sell for only $150.00 each, which Augie says is a steal!

In addition to these are a pair of large lamps with some interesting Tiki History. A stunning 'Conga' shaped beauty over 3' long glows warmly wrapped in woven jute with a Samoan tapa print bottom. This lamp along with a vivid tapa 'Drum', pictured above once hung both above the main performance hall at Oasis6 and above the bar in the South Pacific Room at San Diego's Bali Hai. Own either of these handmade giants for only $299.

OnaTiki Barware including pints and Mai Tai glasses as well as tee's for the whole family all bare Doug Hornes distinctive artwork designed exclusively for San Diego's most coveted home bar!!!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-03 14:43 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 09:36 am   Permalink

"Yeah we tease him a lot cuz we got him on the spot. Welcome back..."

LEGEND OF THE LOST KIRBY

Freaky Boutiki is so excited that Kirby has returned to making fun tiki art!

I remember OnaTiki rattling off a very short list of younger carvers whom he respected and recommended I watch very closely over the next few years. I would meet one of these fellows at Oasis in 2006 and shortly after aquire this wonderful piece from him, then poof...

While Kirby's disappearance and subseqent re-appearence without having aged is, well damn it, THE STUFF OF LEGEND!!!! But his artwork has also eerily endured.

Buy this pre-abduction vintage Kirby now.

mixed media, 25" x 17", 10lbs, signed & dated 2006 $199
*** AVAILABLE ***

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-19 13:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-03 15:10 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-03 15:26 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 2:22 pm   Permalink

Countdown To BOSKOTOPIA! (A Winter Wonderland)

Have you all been good boys and girls?

As one of Santa's official helpers I had the rare oportunity to visit Santa's So Cal Rancho the other day and hurried home with a sack of goodies hand picked and affordably priced by Santa himself.

These include FRESH limited edition ceramics, unique redwood tikis, masks, shields as well as RARE BOSKO ART hand carved redwood prototypes never before available.

Well don't forget to check this thread around 6:00 PM Pacific when we break out the Bosko!

Not yet. Come back at six. First PMed First Served!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-19 17:42 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 6:47 pm   Permalink

(Sorry for the late openning. Our Wire filled box crashed around three and we had to call a geek. I was afraid I'd lost all the pics. Whew!)

I thank Bosko & Truus for their generosity, hospitality and great inspiration through the years. Merry Christmas.

Welcome to the gates of BOSKOTOPIA.

Stick close though this place is gaurded by woodpeckers, wiley coyotes and the occassional 40mph wall of flames.
We're so glad you could attend step inside, step inside...

Right this way past Bosko's Bumatay! (Sorry to say, it's only on display.)

Item #1

BOSKO Mod Shield, mixed media 17"x10" - $79.99

*** SOLD ***

Item #2

BOSKO freestanding moai, redwood, 17" tall $59.99

*** SOLD ***

Item #3

BOSKO Fetish Marq mug, ceramic

***SOLD***

Item #4

BOSKO ART Prototype, mixed media 29"x12" $99.99

Item #5
Quote:

"Bosko was the first mug maker to start playing around with the Tiki Bob concept, and I have regretted not haven gotten any of the previous versions." - Sven Kirsten

Bosko's Mod Bob Meets Squid's Baby Bob!

Bosko Mod Bob(above right), ceramic. $60

& there's more...

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-19 20:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-19 20:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-20 12:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-21 17:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-03 15:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-03 15:16 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 8:10 pm   Permalink

Get your stoke on! I just had to pop in my copy of James Brown's Funky Christmas.

BOSKOTOPIA continues...

Bosko in studio w 7 ft pre-millenium "Untitled" Tiki from pg18 Taboo: The Art Of Tiki

BIG things in the works. (and you should see Bosko do tricks on that bike!)

Look for BOSKO PNG masks at Freaky Boutiki in 2009!!!

OK ... back to BOSKOTOPIA

Item #6

BOSKO Mod Tiger Shield, mixed media, 23"x7" $99.99
*** AVAILABLE ***

Item #7

BOSKO ART prototype, mixed media, 29" X 12" $99.99
*** AVAILABLE ***

Never intended for sale, these prototypes are larger and more detailed than the currently available selection of tropical Bosko Art panels... and were burned just for you!

Item # 8

Kapu Tiki Room logo pint glasses, made of glass, $5.99 Please specify Brown or Black. Shrunken Bums also available!
*** AVAILABLE ***

Items # 9, 10 & 11
A connoisseurs selection to be sure... at neophyte prices!

Items # 9 & 10 (pictured above)
Classic Bosko Masks redwood, $59.99 each or the pair for only $99.99!
*** AVAILABLE ***

Item # 11 (pictured above)
BOSKO Moai Mask w/schmeckle (a Dutch word I understand), redwood $99.99
*** SOLD ***

Item #12
Quote:

On 2008-12-16 18:44, TIKIBOSKO wrote:
When I first started creating Tiki mugs (in the early 90’s) people couldn’t believe I was asking the princely sum of 15 dollars each, this was very frustrating for an artist slowly creating each piece by hand. This is still the case with everything I create. I take a great deal of pride in my work and obviously we hope this is why you choose to buy our work.

BOSKO Santa Moai,ceramic, five glazes I believe.
7.5" of Rapa Nuian dynamite!
Limited Edition # 2/50 $99.99
*** SOLD ***

Well I hope you saw something cool. At least I hope it was better than that boring Autopia at Disneyland. Heck, I was almost eaten by a snake DURING a mudslide fetching these treasures! (Not really).

To know an artist of such exceptional talent and sound theory, yet sincere humility is truely a great joy.

Mahalo ahead of time for your purchases supporting one of California's most important tiki artists.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-20 12:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-21 13:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-12-21 13:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-03 14:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-03 15:25 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation