FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
www.FreakyBoutiki.com 14th Anniversario Tee Shirts by Big Toe
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 2:09 pm   Permalink

I'd swear I waited four years for Holden to make me a new batch of these and good things come to those who wait. I've only got a handful of Tiki Farm's beautiful Mai Kai Decanters...

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 3:34 pm   Permalink

Tiki scholar Sven Kirsten's newest hardcover release Tiki Modern is truely 300+ pages of artificial tropical environments sure to warm anyone's chilly winter soul. Lots of big beautiful pics are accompanied as always by Kirsten's seemingly bottomless well of info.

Don't wait till Taschen releases a truncated softcover version just to save a few bucks.

...also pictured above:

a Bosko redwood double-moai leopard fur shield and blue Bosko mug...

a modern Vietnamese bamboo bowl...

a Himilayan Salt lamp...

a giant boomerang ashtray...

a DaVinci mod fish print shirt...

a freeform monkeypod plate...

a Replica Exotica and Jazz Reel To Reel Box Cover (a Freaky Boutiki exclusive)Brubeck's Time Out(see pg 44 of Tiki Modern.) Also available: Denny's Exotica, Baxter's Tamboo & Skins (see pg 58 of Tiki Modern), Lyman's Taboo, Lei's of Jazz & Hawaiian Sunset, Drasnin's Voodoo (by Shag)

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 3:43 pm   Permalink

A closer look at a wonderful shirt. A discontinued pattern, only a X-Large and Medium remain. PM me pronto if you want one of these beauties. First come, first served.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-02-04 13:18 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 4:03 pm   Permalink

Erik The Red, aka NoNaMe is Ohana. A prodigious carver, driftwood whittler, resin caster and collector of all things tiki, I believe he started carving this tiki while I was in Waikiki last year. It's a replica of the tiki I found wrapped in a living banyon tree behind the rubble of Trader Vic's.
Cool huh?

Pictured below are just a few of Erik's driftwood and resin pendants. Note: The large black resin cast was commissioned for the bartender at Mission Beach's now closed Liars Club.

Real driftwood, carved by a real beachcomber!

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 4:06 pm   Permalink

Hank,
Thanks for posting my stuff. I wish your shop nothing but the best.
P.S. It's Lava Flow Inn not lounge (psycho).
Thanks for everything.
Cheers.
Matt

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 5:17 pm   Permalink

Antoinette, Freaky Boutiki's manager and resident Flyin' Hawaiian models some cool womens tees for you.

Speaking of flying... TWA Hawaii tee anyone? Only Smalls and Mediums remain...

Next from MOJOWEAR. Owned by two brothers who do all the artwork and printing themselves. These 100% cotton shirts are printed to my color specs.

Surfin' Dude's Beach Bus: 1 small, 2 medium $28.99

Looks like Squid! (pre-buzz-cut)

Surf Shack: 1 small, 1 medium & 1 large $28.99

Next a pair tees from a cool Aussie company with a depressing nameMISERY. Both feature tikis prominently as well as disturbingly huge eye'd children on super soft pre-washed cotton. Only one left of each.

Wahine: 1 large $28.99

Headhunter: 1 medium $28.99

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-02-20 15:02 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 5:33 pm   Permalink

We're very happy to add one of San Diego's most prolific carvers
to our roster of Pallery artists...

Bay Park Buzzy

Sure Buzzy may be best known for his tastfull nudity, but he's also probably carved more tikis than Stephen King's written scary stories. If you ever have the pleasure of visiting Chez Buzz nestled above the 5 Freeway east of Mission Bay expect to wade through sawdust, marvel at the Coco Joe collection, play with the Kiva and cringe during the story of when Buzzy almost cut his head in half with a chainsaw. Buzzy is an up and comer who will not be denied his slice of Tiki glory no matter the cost!

This particular tiki would look neat-o in your house, car or local subway and boasts an awesome M-16 style hand hold for easy carrying!

*** SOLD ***

w/ Tiki Diablo & Buzzy @ Oasis7

Bay Park Buzzy resin pendants individually antiqued by HodadHank! Inexpensive. Very limited quantities.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-02-20 13:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-08-19 13:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-01-05 13:48 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 6:00 pm   Permalink

ARTIST PROFILE: PokoloLolita, Mission Beach CA

To hear her tell it, the secret's in the toe!

My far better half PakoLoloita has been weaving organic hemp as long as I've known her so when she presented me with a nearly spot on replica of a traditional polynesian double boars tusk necklace I was not suprised by her abilities.

When a crazy long haired carving superstar cornered me at Tiki Island to ask me if a similar necklace might be made for him I was also not suprised.

Another satisfied cusToe-mer!

At Oasis7 Chop Village weaving on our unexpectedly controversial drop cloth.

These necklaces demand attention. Masculine yet very comfortable they get softer with wear without compromising strength.

Here's the one she made for me:

***UPDATE***

Interested in your own PokoloLolita woven hemp Boars tusk necklace? Please PM HodadHank or e-mail
thefreakfactory@aol.com as only special orders are being accepted at this time. The Aritst is very busy preparing a special series to be unveiled Saturday @ Oasis8.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-08-05 14:16 ]

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-07 4:10 pm   Permalink

Family-owned Maui Coffee Company has established a reputation for producing premium gourmet coffees from only the finest gourmet beans cultivated in select locations across the Hawaiian Islands.

FREAKY BOUTIKI offers both 100% KONA and 100% MAUI coffees as well as very popular Blends featuring 100% Maui mixed with Pacific Rim Arabica. You'll love the delicious Chocolate Macadamia Nut, Vanilla Macadamia Nut made with toasted macadamia nuts and tropical vine-ripened vanilla beans... and the toasted coconut, hazelnut and macadamia infused 100% KONA Hula Pie!

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 12:59 pm   Permalink

Can anyone identify these Freaky Boutiki customers?

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2008-02-20 14:42 ]

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 1:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-20 12:59, hodadhank wrote:

You know I like Depeche Mode. Why didn't you tell me Gahan was there?

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-29 07:26 am   Permalink

LOL. All I remember is that they were very friendly, the gal has a European accent and the guy in the middle has more tattoos than a Yakuza... but ALL TIKI!

Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-04 02:34 am   Permalink

WOW I HAVE TO PUT SOME TIME ASIDE ON MY NEXT TRIP DOWN SOUTH !!
SO much Tiki in one shop !!!

[ This Message was edited by: Skinny Dog 2008-03-04 02:46 ]

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-15 4:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks Skinny! Be sure to say aloha to the fat guy covered in sawdust behind the counter. (That'd be me.)

Our new "Spooner Cloth" Tahitians are beginning to arrive... New designs will be arriving all spring. Hooray!

On another note... I don't know how long Reyn Spooner will continue this epic Enchanted Tiki Room shirt for Disney. Sure there are several not-so-hidden Mickeys, but he's seriously out numbered by our animatronic friends.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-31 8:23 pm   Permalink

We've enjoyed Johnny P's carving for a long time at Freaky Boutiki, so when an eagerly awaited box full of hand-made weaponry arrived from Attica, we could hardly wait to open it... then our resident Flyin' Hawaiian Antoinette and her sister Jean had a ton of fun pretending to bash each other's brains out in traditional south seas fashion!

These things are cool AND dangerous. Just like me. No wonder I love them so much. Mahalo Johnny!

"Mom always liked you best!" ... Bonk!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation