FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Bowana's Other Crafts
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
Bowana's Other Crafts
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-29 7:05 pm   Permalink

Sweet Beens that guy is tight. Nice work!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-30 07:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-28 22:15, Bowana wrote:
I found a bit of time here and there to do a some work on Lil' Pumpkin. Mostly on the eyelashes/braids.

This vertebra area has proved to be the most difficult part. Not only does it need to be somewhat symmetrical (X4), but it breaks easily while carving. I have had to retrieve a few pieces from off the floor and glue them back on. DOH!

Thanks for looking.

Wow! spectacular! and in eucalyptus!!!
(you are totally banned from my thread until you finish this amazing master pieces!! Do you hear me !! ) !
Can't wait for the next update!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-31 9:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks for visiting, guys (y chica)!

Perry: Yeah, the mold would be just slighty more complicated!
Capt'n Skully: Thanks, man.....and Arrrg!
Benz: Always a pleasure!
Babalu: Can you believe I started this guy way back at PIFA!
Benella: Merci, my friend! It's Eucalyptus wood. It looks similar to the chestnut you are carving, doesn't it? Yes, I'll stain it but I don't know with what yet.
Harro: Thanks for stopping by. Don't give up on the Quebracho! Hope you and Clarita can possibly persuade some new Tiki carvers in BA!
KAHAKA: Thanks, "frickin nuts" is good enough for me!
Seeksurf: Thanks for visiting!
Clarita: Gracias! Okay, he's almost done, then I can get back to hijacking your thread with more Tikicopper Mayhem..muhuhahahahahhahhhh!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 2:47 pm   Permalink

Fantastic, there is a whole lot going on in a small space and you nailed it. Extraordinary talent.

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 4:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-31 21:29, Bowana wrote:
Babalu: Can you believe I started this guy way back at PIFA!...
Okay, he's almost done.

You've worked long and hard on this one Dav, and the results are nothing short of spectacular. Since you are just about done, I figured it's long about time I'd start mine:

I found a quicker way to do the layout this time. It's way more accurate than drafting it to scale by hand:

It's on basswood, so the carving should go pretty quick.

If you have time, could you post me a picture of the back from the center line, it would help me out a lot.

Off to work!
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 5:44 pm   Permalink

- Buzzy you are nutz!

Beautiful work Dave! Thanks for sharing him with us. You've put a lot of love into him and it shows. I love it!

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 6:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha Bowana!!! That Lono is really nice my friend. congrats on a very kool carving,Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-02-02 12:54 pm   Permalink

Anybody who comes to the Tonga Hut art show on February23 can see his work in person.

SPAM!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-02 9:03 pm   Permalink

Darn Sir B,

I am going to be on the road while your doing the Tonga show. I would have loved to drive up there with you. Everybody, go support Dave at the Tonga Hut on Feb 23rd!!

Buzzy, Nice design...your method seems much better than the grid pattern thing I was fooling with

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-05 9:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Johnny, GMAN and Mooney! Come and carve with us if you're ever out west!

GROG: Bowana appreciate SPAM. Mmmm.....SPAM.....

Sorry you can't make it to the Tonga Hut , Babalu. Would be cool to hang with ya!

Quote:

On 2008-02-01 16:11, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
If you have time, could you post me a picture of the back from the center line, it would help me out a lot.

No problem! I hope this helps. Let me know how your new rip-off, I mean layout method works. That's a good idea. I want to try that too. Saaaay, that's a nice bottle of Elmer's you got there. I have one of those. Hmmm.....is that one mine?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-02-06 12:25 am   Permalink

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 07:22 am   Permalink

I Love seeing that Hooki knife sitting there ready to Pounce. Looks like you are doing Excellent stuff with it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 7:59 pm   Permalink

Here is Lil' Punk with two coats of Minwax Golden Oak stain, and Krylon Matte Finish spray acrylic over it. Now all I need now is a fork to stick in him because he's done!

I started this fellow at the last Chop. Musubi Mom turned us on to her secret recipe concrete mix that contains vermiculite and another ingredient that escapes me for the moment. I think it was Eye of Newt or something like that. Anyways, you pour the concoction into a cup and let it set for a few hours. When it starts setting it's still soft enough that it can be carved (but use old chisels because they will get dull). In a few days the magic concrete brew will set up hard, but in the meantime it can be carved. This piece (that still remains nameless) is about 6" tall. I worked on it for about an hour. It's the first time I spent less than a day to finish a carving, which is a complete miracle!

Tikis and plants like each other, so if you have some plants, put your Tikis with them and let them go nuts! Thanks for visiting!

...The drums!...The drums!...

[ This Message was edited by: Bowana 2008-02-25 20:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bowana 2008-02-26 08:49 ]

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 05:23 am   Permalink

He's gorgeous, Dave. I can't believe he's finally done. He was starting to threaten Oki Doki's reign as Chop mascot.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 07:02 am   Permalink

Bowana - LOVE that finishing coat, and the spray-on looks swell. My fave part of this sculpture is the leetle teeny teeth; he looks like a punchy ex-boxer on holiday.

I vote he's the new mascot, of 2008!

(I'm building Oki Doki a surfboard table top to hold onto. This doesn't mean he's a mascot, just that he still isn't finished. The board will have a hand-carved glassed on fin, fake decals, etc.)

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation