FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Bowana's Other Crafts
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 Next Page )
Bowana's Other Crafts
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 09:05 am   Permalink

TWO Frazetta prints!
just noticed the Sea Siren lady on the other wall!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-26 8:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody who visited Studio Bowana! I would post some clearer pictures of the Indians, but the set is still being realized and my client would probably not be very happy with me!

Surfintiki, it is indeed a SPAM beachball.

The SPAM-Mobile was giving them away at the Pacific Islander Festival last year here in SD. To get one, I had to answer a trivia question about SPAM. My answer was wrong, but they gave me the ball anyways.

So you're a Frazetta fan too, LLT? Here's the others I have:

Cat Girl
(you can see the reflection of the Sea Witch hanging on the opposite wall)

Moonmaid
(hmm, I hung this one crooked)

Princess of Mars

So, as not to stray too terribly far from Tikiville, here's some progress on the guitar:

I've since fabricated the bridge (most difficult part), pickups, pickguard, and done the alignment of the neck (wait, that was the most difficult part) so that the strings will be in line from the bridge to the headstock. But seriously, it's all difficult!

Foot placement © GMAN

Thanks for looking!
Bowana

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 5:50 pm   Permalink

Yeah I think you got the foot right except that it's left which leaves you with the right one which would be wrong? Can't wait to see what you do with the guitar.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 12:03 am   Permalink

Hi Bowana, pretty cool pix of your workshop and telecaster.

I got 2 pix from the thuja i'll post on my thread.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-29 4:55 pm   Permalink

"Foot placement © GMAN"

Killer!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-30 09:40 am   Permalink

Nice working space!
I don't agree with LLT, I think you know where everything is, master of your own chaos
Oh! mr. Blue is in great company I see
and the guitar is looking great too, if you add some microphones, it would work perfect, probably

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-13 11:13 pm   Permalink

Benz: Yep, left foot. I'm left handed, which is not right, but then again it's not wrong!

Benella: Thanks for your visit, my brother!

GMAN: I believe in giving credit where credit is due!

Clarita: Yes, Mr. Blue really likes his upstairs neighbor!

Here's a quickie (sort of) pendant that I made between guitar building sessions.
I managed to only get one progress shot.

And here it is finished:

I used my fav Chinese Mystery Clay to sculpt this lil' terror.
Think I'll call him übertiki because of those over the top eyes.
Now all I have to do is to plop some silicone on him and cast some resins.

I haven't abandoned the guitar. At this point, I'm searching all the industrial stores for extremely small hardware. It's not easy to find what I need, and when the sales people ask what my project is, I get strange looks when I tell them I'm building a miniature guitar. Guess I shouldn't say anything about that it's going to be a Christmas present for my pet Gnome.

Bowana

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-13 11:35 pm   Permalink

Nice work as always BoDiddleyWanna -

I've been trying to convince TikiThomas to put a pickup on his ukelele, but forgot about size issues - tell us if you find some itsy bitsy pickups anywhere! I thought he could use a bass pickup or something, or he might have to rip one apart and push the magnets closer together....

Why is life always so complicated?!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-14 12:09 am   Permalink

awesoem!!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-14 01:36 am   Permalink

wowWOWWOW...nice work! The GIANT eyes give him a cool mecha vibe.That mystery clay sure holds some crazy detail - I'm looking forward to trying something out with the stuff Babs sent (thanks to you) !
Are you sure you didn't work for Coco Joe's at some point?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-14 06:10 am   Permalink

Bowana,

That is beautiful. Not knowing much about clay, what will you do with it now? Will you wear/sell the clay or will you mold it and and make ceramic or resin duplicates? Smoooth!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-14 10:54 am   Permalink

übertiki is first class piece.
Great work,

Ben.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-15 09:50 am   Permalink

Thanks Cammo and Thomas. I'll let ya know if I find any teeny tiny pickups.
I would think one of these would work for a uke:
http://melodymusiconline.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=2

Paip: Thanks, Cocojoe is my hero!
I'm glad your Chinese Mystery Clay arrived okay. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Something spectacular, no doubt!

Yo GMAN: Yes, I'm going to mold übertiki and make resin castings, then string them up for pendants. I'll post pictures when I get that far.

Benjamin: Merci!

Bowana

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-15 6:32 pm   Permalink

übertiki is pretty darn neat looking. What is chinese mystery clay? It looks like you get some real detail with it.

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-15 6:35 pm   Permalink

Sharp!! GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation