FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Bowana's Other Crafts
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
Bowana's Other Crafts
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-16 07:34 am   Permalink

Great design, very dynamic, awesome!!!

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-16 08:12 am   Permalink

FUNKY BUTT-LOVIN'!!!!!

IT'S A PINCH POT!!! That's like Leonardo da Vinci painting the Mona Lisa with a TOOTHBRUSH!!!

Amazing techniques and double amazing results, beautiful work Dave

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-26 8:32 pm   Permalink

Alien Aloha now waits at the House of Babalu to be fired. In the mean time, here's a sneak preview of Plain Jane before the glaze fire. I used underglazes on this piece. The colors will change dramatically after the firing. They're going to get darker and more vibrant. Last thing to do will be to put a clear gloss coat on top.

leleliz- Thank you, my good woman!
seeksurf-Thanks, bud! Right back at cha!
jab tiki- Hey Johnny! Where ya been? Thanks for checking in, bro.
GROG- Thanks. Yep, Bowana sick monkey.
mp- Thanks Mike!
Creative Chimp- Oops! Need some TP? Thanks for the comps!
LLT- You butt-looker! Thanks for stopping by, ya weirdo!
BigToe- Black glaze it is! Deity, huh? Takes one to know one, bub! Thanks for looking!
TikiG- Thanks for visiting, Greg!
TheBigT- Putting on that texture is only fun for the first 5 minutes. It gets old reeealy fast!
Babalu- Thanks for the history, my friend! (saved me from doing it!) I'm gonna have to spend a good long time studying in the black glaze department.
4WD- I was gonna call it "The Ambassador of Kick-Yer-Assador" but I think that name has already been taken. What's next? Well, you'll see...
laojia- Merci for your visit!
leleliz- Hey, you're back!
benella-Merci, Benjamin! Merci!
tobunga- You said a lot for being speechless! You are correct, the triangle shapes are eyes. They look like part of a headdress but they're not. The Giger Xenomorphs had no eyes, but then they were freaky aliens, right?! Thanks for the complements, Sir October!
Tahitiki- Thanks for stopping by!
MadDogMike- Thanks Mike! Yeppers, it's a pinch pot!!

More later. Thanks for stopping by!

Bowie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-26 9:55 pm   Permalink

she looks great!

you have a way with women... even if they are ceramic ;p

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 11:20 am   Permalink

WOW, Bowie!

PLEASE make a Limited Run of that "Alien Ku"!

PPPPPPLEASE!!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-27 9:35 pm   Permalink

Nice!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kustomtiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-29 8:27 pm   Permalink

Dave,sick work as usual, plane Jane is fantastic,can't wait to see her after firing,you continue to astound and amaze with your detail, Peace, Kustomtiki.

View Profile of kustomtiki Send a personal message to kustomtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-29 10:04 pm   Permalink

Dave, we're carving here at my pad this Saturday and I would be blessed if you were able to make it. PM me for the addy if you can come.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 11:25 am   Permalink

Bowana did you glaze the alien/tiki/Aloha mug yet????

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 2:34 pm   Permalink

Holy Cow Bowz,, You are about to get to Portrait sculpting mugs.
Incredible stuff!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 2:41 pm   Permalink

Oh Yeah,, and THIS One is totally Off the WAll, you are just higher than Amazing with your skillz.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-06 3:27 pm   Permalink

simply incredible. Does she have a sister?

View Profile of mijaba Send a personal message to mijaba  Email mijaba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 05:39 am   Permalink

ah........................................

I'm speechless..............

unbelievable!!!

its been a while but you've been a busy Bowie!!!!!!!

when are you gonna make some production line pieces so we can all drink out of one of these masterpieces??

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 10:48 am   Permalink

leleliz-Haha, thanks! Yes, maybe I have a way with ceramic women, but with real women...well, that's another story.

Tiki Lee-Thanks, Lee. A limited run of the Aloha Alien would be nice. The mold making would be a nighmare though!!

seeksurf-Thanks for your visit, bro!

kustomtiki-Hey John! Thanks for stopping by. Say hello to the family for me!

Billy- Sorry I couldn't make the Chop. How did your freshly sharpened knife work out?

Benz-Portrait sculpting mugs, hmm..I like that!

mijaba-No sister yet. But give me some time and there will be!

harro-Hey, were ya been? Nice to hear from you. Hope Jolly ol' England is treating you right!

Plain Jane is glazed, but not finished being fired yet. She's being difficult.
On the other hand, The Aloha Alien came out quite well.

The pictures give it a bit of a brownish hue, but it's really a dark charcoal grey.

Thanks for your visit!

Bowie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 11:42 am   Permalink

Bowie, sir!

Congrats to you for creating the latest Polypop icon - the Aloha Alien!!

This bad boy is spectacular...I, like many to follow, will want one of these in thier collection.

Thanks for posting this morning and please keep us posted if any brothers come up for sale, will ya?

Cheers! G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation