FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 10:21 pm   Permalink

Hey Ben, can I come over too? Then we can find out if it's really a log or one of his
pendants magnified.
Nice job Finkdaddy.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 11:15 pm   Permalink

Hey Finky, that'll take some resin, look forward to the pendants in the marketplace
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 04:26 am   Permalink

I've got this guy a little further along and cleaned up a lot more. I'm visiting Ben today, so I'll post a pic when I get back home.

Thanks Gman. Stop staring, you're making me nervous.

Hey Duddy. It's a palm log, split in half. I've forgotten what kind of palm it is though.

Don't worry Ben. I've already started the mouth and he has a very stiff upper lip. I'll bring him with me later.

Thanks Conga! That means a lot coming from you. The log is pretty tall, but it's so dry it's as light as one of my pendants!

Boy Flynny, I can't imaging how tall you'd have to be to wear this as a pendant! Maybe it will just have to be a fridge magnet instead.

Mahalo!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 08:20 am   Permalink

I had the pleasure of meeting AlohaStation and Wplugger yesterday at Benzart's house. If you ever get the chance to hear one of Wplugger's stories, do it! This guy is a natural born narrator! With the his and Alohastation's advice, and angle grinder, I got a lot further on my Big Fink #1. I had a great time and I hope to take you up on that cocktail offer, Tom!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 08:30 am   Permalink

wow...nice job Finkdaddy. I really like the lay-out of this one and you are
making your cuts deep'n'clean....is that all chainsaw so far? Can't wait to see
more. Finky rocks.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 09:05 am   Permalink

Thanks Conga. I didn't start going that deep, it just got deeper as I tried to even out the two sides! Too bad it didn't work. I did the rough cuts with the chainsaw, and the rest is with a chisel. I took off the bark and smoothed it a bit with an angle grinder.

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 10:47 am   Permalink

Finky

I was cool meeting you and the invitation is always open. The tiki is looking really good. Now that the bark was removed it really has a great presence. The angle grinder isn't always the most popular tool for carving, but on a dry log like that one it is indispensable. Keep us updated

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 1:53 pm   Permalink

Fink! You are ambiartstic! Very humbled by this carve.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 3:02 pm   Permalink

Thats coming along very nicely

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 08:41 am   Permalink

Finky, I can't believe how well you are doing on this first Big Tiki. You have adapted to the tools very well and it looks like you are not afraid to go deep for the sweet detail. I'll see you later today.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 10:33 am   Permalink

Thanks again AlohaStation, your tips were a big help.

McTiki, is ambiartstic a real word? I'm gonna have to look it up.

Thanks Hewey. How are those #1 prints comming along?

Ben, big mahalos to you my friend.

Here's what I just finished. I'm looking for suggestions on what to do with the 20 or so inches below his mouth. I've been sketching with the chalk for a while now with no results.

Thanks again everyone.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 4:10 pm   Permalink

Do a goatee looking thing, based on an upside down and slightly smaller version of the headress

Prints not coming along yet...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-05 10:01 am   Permalink

Oh He's gonna look GREAT, Wait 'til you see what Finky did to him. Nutthin' but Coolllllll.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 3:57 pm   Permalink

Sorry Gman, the wood just wouldn't allow for the body we talked about, but with some neighborly advice from Ben we worked out this design. It way trickier than Ben would lead us to believe. There's a bunch of lines that need to be tightened and straightened, but I'm hoping to start sanding tomorrow. I figure if I start sanding now, I should be finished by February.

That's all for tonight! Mahalo!

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 4:08 pm   Permalink

Incredible work here Finkdaddy, working at the feet of Master Ben is paying huge dividends
for you. This is a great piece of work and you should be very very happy. The scrolls
at the bottom are really killer. I don't know what else to say...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation