FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 10:11 am   Permalink

Thanks Surf-n-Turf, Gman, and Ben!

I haven't been carving a lot in the last week because I've been a bit under the weather, but today I got back into things. Here is the progress on #2. I'm going to let him dry out a bit more in the sun because the wood inside is real wet and mushy. It shouldn't take too long, I think.

Thanks for watching!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 3:39 pm   Permalink

Holy s#!t!!! Big Fink #1 is super! You certainly have been busy!

From castings to carvings, everything is looking great! This is what I miss, for not hangin' around the forums in awhile.

Now, to get some scratch together to purchase a finkdaddy original!!!

Looking forward to the progress on Fink #2! Sure looks like he is having a helluva time!

As always fink, keep up the tremendous work!

Cheers!

sandz

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 3:45 pm   Permalink

Whoaa, The mouth is finktastic! You are a natural with the chainsaw.

Get hooked with a Shark hook glass.

[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyP 2007-05-21 15:46 ]

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 4:31 pm   Permalink

Dang Finky! #2 is looking sweet! I guess you weren't too concerned about going deep; there isn't much wood left! How mushy is it? Like soft woody soft or like oatmeal? I hope it dries up without cracking and lets you finish out the way you planned. Great stuff. I would like to see some more angles (pics). Any plans for the back?

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ This Message was edited by: GMAN 2007-05-21 17:36 ]

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 5:33 pm   Permalink

great work dude..good to see you goin big..

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 5:58 pm   Permalink

Palm looks too easy for ya... time for some pine.

Looks good!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 6:37 pm   Permalink

looking good Finky. I might stop by tomorrow to check it out in person just to make sure you aren't using Photo Shop to jazz up your pictures! I have a feeling though that it's the Reel Deel!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 6:41 pm   Permalink

Looking very nice mate Big is good!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 07:31 am   Permalink

Thanks Blacksandz! It's good to hear from you again. Will I see you at the Hukilau again?

JohnnyP, thanks again. I actually didn't use the chainsaw on this one. It's all chisels and just a little bit of grinder for smoothing some of the rough spots.

Hey Gman! It's not like oatmeal, but rather like moist cork. In spots the chisels wont cut, they only tear out the soft stuff. I am going to do a full head dress on him, but I haven't thought that far ahead.

Thanks Kirby, this big stuff is very fun. I can only hope to get my style as clean and impressive as yours.

Lake Surfer! I would love to try some pine. Have you carved any palm besides the one at the demo last year? It's weird stuff. It's almost like any direction you go is against the grain. Thanks!

Benzart, your welcome over any time. I don't even have Photoshop installed in my computer any more since I redid the drive. I can't get the disk to install again. Oh well.

Hewey, thanks mate! I see #1 finally has a couple of friends. I hope he isn't drinking up all your booze!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 10:21 am   Permalink

Here's a couple pics of #2. It's been slow going because my life's been crazy, but after a few short sessions I've been able to move him along.

I'm going to start drawing out the head dress now. Thanks for looking!

Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 11:10 am   Permalink

Lookin' great, Fink! Apparently the craziness isn't hurting your art!

Josh
www.whollycatsband.com

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 4:35 pm   Permalink

Ahhh, pain and craziness are the two best ingredients for great art!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 02:32 am   Permalink

That #2 is lookin slammin, Finkster!! Lookin forward to seein the headress..

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 11:17 am   Permalink

Beautiful second one. What do you prepare for #3 ?

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 03:04 am   Permalink

This guy is coming along sweetly Mr Fink-man.

I scored these bamboo coasters for 50c each at a thrift store. 5 minutes and some tape and Alien's moai and Finky #1 are hanging in style now

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2007-05-26 04:09 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation