FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-10 11:04 pm   Permalink

Love the style, nice one.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 03:07 am   Permalink

I'm lovin the whole brow line you got on him! Yeah, some logs are almost dust in the center and you just have to be gentle with it. Once it's sealed though...no worries.

He's looking very stylish thus far.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 5:50 pm   Permalink

I know I've been away for a while now. This is my first update post in quite a long while. The move back took a lot out of me mentally. But I've finally gotten the chisels sharpened up and working again. The progress you see below is just the head dress, but I'm hoping to have him all finished up soon.

I want to take some time here to thank those of you who have kept in touch and took the time to help me through everything. It has meant a lot to me. Thank you.

Here is my progress so far:
Front

Side

Back

Mahalo!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 6:04 pm   Permalink

go finky, go!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 6:23 pm   Permalink

I'd forgotten about your move - I hope everything is working out for you. Looks like you've certainly slipped back into the carving groove without too much trouble. The headress looks spectacular, and quite an achievement considering how fibrous and chippy that wood seems from the pics...

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 6:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kingstiedye!

Paipo, I'm probably over achieving on this piece because the wood is terribly fiberous. I'm hoping that with a lot of sanding, coating, and resanding that I can smooth it out some. Thanks!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 6:41 pm   Permalink

Very nice Finky! Let's see some more of him?

How's the noggin?

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-04 7:57 pm   Permalink

Nice detail work, Finky.

Yeah, as GMAN says, where's the rest of him?!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 04:44 am   Permalink

Yay! Finky slingin da chissels Lookin gooood mate

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 05:20 am   Permalink

Good to see you back to your chisels Finkdaddy, carving will help you get back on
track. The detail work on the back of that headdress is way cool, gonna be a good one.
Thanks for getting back to us.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 2:35 pm   Permalink

Finky, your new Work Shop must be agreeing with you, This guy Really is looking great. i Love the headdress.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-09-05 3:24 pm   Permalink

The "overly fibrous" part will just make him look more ancient after he's all done and stained. I've carved a few that I didn't even bother doing any fine sanding on, and they just came out looking old.

awesome detail on that headress! glad to see you back and posting.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 3:37 pm   Permalink

Welcome back to the great white north. Missed your carvings, looks like you soaked up a bit during your stay in paridise (Benzville)

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 2:43 pm   Permalink

What do a piece of mahogany, yellow cedar, purple heart, maple, and bone have in common? They are the beginnings of my new project. I don't want to say what it will be right away, because I'm pretty sure that it wont turn out like I want it too, but I'm going to give it a whirl.

The palm log isn't finished yet, but I have this idea that I want to tackle while it's still fresh.

Thanks everyone who responded. Now that I've settled in I feel OK about the move. My noggin's fine after the scooter spill. The scooter's fine too, in fact, I'm planning a big trip with him. More details on that to come.

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 5:53 pm   Permalink

Aloha again folks! Here's a couple of progress pics on my newest piece.
I was really itching to do a pendent sized piece again, and for some reason this piece has renewed the carving bug in me again. I've sort of taken a personal vow to spend as much time and energy as needed to make every piece I do as nice as I can make it. Does that make sense?

I'm going to start on the skirt next. Thank you so much for looking.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation