FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 4:53 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone! Boy, it's been a busy weekend here. Lot's of kids activities, a wedding, and lots of carving.
Thanks a ton for the great comments.
Here's where she's at. There's still the chord to make, but she's otherwise complete. She measures in at just under 4.5".

Sorry if they're a bit blurry. I have terrible lighting in my house.

Grog, you asked me about sketches. I don't have the sketches from the first two, but here are some ones I'm thinking of using. They were made by my daughter, jogibear here on TC.

I know there a bit hard to see, but they're there. Is there an idea that you'd like to see?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 5:00 pm   Permalink

Aloha Finkdaddy!!!!!!!!!
What a really COOL Hula Girl carving.She does Flow like she is moving.SWEET my friend, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 5:17 pm   Permalink

Awesome Finky....really cool design and great execution! You have been knocking out
some excellent stuff....very original and creative. Keep 'em coming!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-23 06:32 am   Permalink

She's Beautiful - great job.

The other night at the Mai Kai I got to see the first one up close and have to say that she was even better in person. One question - what are you using to hold the skirt together? You were well represented at the Mai Kai the other night - every time I turned around someone had one of you pendants on. Made me a little envious, the Rum Barrels helped me get over it. Can't wait to see the next one.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-23 09:08 am   Permalink

Excellent stuff. The grooves of the lines are just perfection.
Your daughter had the grooves under her pen.
Can't wait to see the next one.

Ben

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-23 10:26 pm   Permalink

For a guy named Fink, you certainly have a way with the ladies.

Another excellent piece of woodworking! I noticed she's a lefty.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-10-23 11:38 pm   Permalink

Wow, that looks really nice.

Whoops!! GROG meant CRAP!! PURE CRAP!!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-26 3:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks again everybody! I'm starting a new piece tonight. I don't have anything in mind, so it will be intesting to see where out girl ends up.

AlohaStation, a few people have asked me that. The skirt is actually a lot more solid than you would think. Each piece is fastened in at least two places with carpenters glue. By the time two or three of those layers get glued together it becomes pretty firm. A lot of the strength also comes from the layers of poly that I put on at the end. Of course you want to be carefull with it because a drop would cause some damage, but it will be just fine.

Mahalo!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-26 4:01 pm   Permalink

Awesome work mate, absolutely gorgeous Cant wait to see the next one!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-27 09:33 am   Permalink

Very Very nice! Congrats! From the sketches I like the pineapple one,but I would like it better with the girl like this last one, with a front view and the pineapple on the side....Best wishes!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-28 5:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hewey and Clarita!

I've finaly started a new girl today.
There's not much to show yet, but here she is so far:

Mahalo for looking!

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 6:51 pm   Permalink

It's been a busy few days, but I finally got some time in tonight. She's going to be holding either a torch or a spear, I haven't decided yet.

Thanks!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 9:26 pm   Permalink

Another Beauty Finky. Where are you finding the grip to do this with? EXCELLENT WORK!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 10:26 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben, are you telling me I need to get a grip?

Here she is. I still want to put another coat of clear on. She's about 3.5" tall.

Thanks for looking!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-03 10:49 am   Permalink

Another SweetHeart Finky, WOW!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation