FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 03:22 am   Permalink

Fink! The eel and puss are exquisite! Very very nice detail and design.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 3:12 pm   Permalink

The eel is excellent. You need keep them comin - no matter what material you use.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 4:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys, it's always good to hear such nice things.

Here's another Tangaroa for you. I love the look of that smoked bone. OK guys, I've set up the joke, now let 'em rip!

Tang and eel together

I have a question for you all. I know there are a lot of stories about Tangaroa being the god of the sea. I've seen Tangaroa in a few different forms such as the one above, but also as a twisty snake-like sea creature with arms and other ways too if I'm not mistaken. Is it safe to say that they are all different depictions of the same god, Tangaroa, or are they all different things?

Thanks again!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 5:23 pm   Permalink

Mate your pumping them out! Great quality too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 9:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-16 16:39, finkdaddy wrote:
I have a question for you all. I know there are a lot of stories about Tangaroa being the god of the sea. I've seen Tangaroa in a few different forms such as the one above, but also as a twisty snake-like sea creature with arms and other ways too if I'm not mistaken. Is it safe to say that they are all different depictions of the same god, Tangaroa, or are they all different things?

Thanks again!

They could mean different things/interpretations.. Different Islands had similar mythologies, too. Tangaroa is Maori mythology- Kanaloa was god of the sea in Hawaiian mythology.. Associated with the squid or octopus.

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-20 5:49 pm   Permalink

I've looked at the eel about 6 times already, that is fantastic. You couldn't have layed it out any better, that piece has got some attitude.

Alright, now for the joke on the bone cook island dude.....

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 2:56 pm   Permalink

It's been a while since my last carve. We've finally sold our house and the stress of the whole thing left me creatively dead for a short while. But now that everything's worked out I wanted to carve one more bone before the move. I'll be making a mold of this guy too just like the one I did for the last Tang. There's a bit of smoothing and sanding to do yet, but he's pretty much finished.
Your basic Marq

Marq and Tang, together at last

I'm packing up my computer tomorrow sometime, so you probably wont hear from me until sometime this weekend.
Here is the info about
our move

Mahalo!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 5:28 pm   Permalink

Nice tatts mate

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 5:44 pm   Permalink

Looking good. So the FL carving ohana is expanding with a great addition. Let us know when you have settled in and maybe we can have Carving/welcome party for you.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 6:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:
So the FL carving ohana is expanding with a great addition.

Let me expand on that and say you are a great addition to the SOUTHEAST carving ohana (OK-so that's probably 90% FL). Welcome to the sunny and WARM south! Man aint built to live in Wisconsin! Keep up the great work.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 7:56 pm   Permalink

That is crack-a-lackin'!!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 11:24 pm   Permalink

Both the Eel and the Octopus are quite superb, I'm blown away by those suckers on the Octopus, must have taken some time and pacience, look forward to the completed piece, a masterpiece me thinks.
Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-26 11:42 pm   Permalink

Hi Fink,

It's been a while since your last carving, indeed, but this marq is fabulous.
Goddluck for your move, I'm moving too but still in France still dreaming of USA's east coast

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-27 06:29 am   Permalink

Excellent parting pieces. Say goodbye to old shop and Hello to new garage shop.
I go for a sleep study test tonight but will be home tomorrow morning. I'll be lookin' for ya'

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-07 5:08 pm   Permalink

Hello again everyone! All moved in and back to carving once more. Florida's nice and all, but the damned tropical, floral-scented ocean breeze keeps blowing my garage door shut. It's a wonderful problem to have.
Here is a Seahorse that is a commission for a TCer. The eye is a little piece of pua shell from New Zealand.

I didn't stain this one at all because the bone looked so pretty as it is.

I had a visitor today. Anybody recognize him? I watched him work his magic with the hook knife for a while.

I actually had Benzart carving a tiki in my garage!
Here he is with my son, Brendan.

Thanks for looking everybody!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation