FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 5:42 pm   Permalink

Yeah!! Love that tongue!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 1:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
I'm actualy very uncomfortable with the big stuff. I think maybe it's because I don't have the right tools for it.

Here's what I started working on today. This is different for me because I had no idea of what I wanted to carve. I just grabbed a piece of wood and started working it. I'm still not sure where it's going to go.
Benzart is a big influence on me and this is actually a piece of wood that he gave me. I think it's called Abezia wood.
I love how Ben takes such an unreal subject like a tiki and makes it look so real. I try, but struggle, to put that in my pieces.
Anyway, I'll post more pics as they come.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 1:19 pm   Permalink

Off to a great start. Glad to see you getting active again. I'm looking forward to seeing how recharged you are now.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AKUAE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 1:21 pm   Permalink

i hope to some pixs soon
great lines on this little Tiki

bye
Akuae

View Profile of AKUAE Send a personal message to AKUAE  Goto the website of AKUAE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 2:44 pm   Permalink

One of the things that got me to keep checking in on Tiki Central on a regular basis back in the days was the excitement of seein what finkdaddy was carvin up, and you were a big influence to me.. Im glad your getting back into it.and posting again.. this pendant has classic finkdaddy written all over it..

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 2:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys!
Wow Kirby, what a wonderful thing to say.
I should be posting more now that I'm home more.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 9:55 pm   Permalink

Excelent begins on this small azebia hunk! Already nice line for the mouth...

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 10:20 am   Permalink

Dayyum Finky, Careful or that tiki will be spittin' out your finger! Nice job on this guy.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-11 01:18 am   Permalink

The color and the grain of this wood look wonderful and perfect for your carving.
Nice work,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-11 9:38 pm   Permalink

You have a talent there. Looks like its alive.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-13 01:04 am   Permalink

Quote:
I love how Ben takes such an unreal subject like a tiki and makes it look so real. I try, but struggle, to put that in my pieces.

Lies all LIES! Your carvings have plenty of life in them my freind!

#1 still has pride of place in my collection mate He even featured in a hot rod and kustom kulture art show at the Aussie hot rod nationals

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-13 04:42 am   Permalink

Hewey, my friend, I miss chatting with you!! That is so cool about the art show, how on earth did that come about? Did you have pieces in the show too? Thank you very, very much. What an honor!
Are you racing that wagon yet? PM me and tell me what you've been up to!

Thanks everyone for your comments.
I put that last carving down for a while because I completely f'ed up the eyes and I need to figure out if I can even save it or not. I have another new piece, but I wont have pics until I come back from my wife's family reunion today. They're all heavy drinking bikers, so I should have a lot of fun.

Later all!

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-13 06:39 am   Permalink

OK, I lied. I wanted to finish it up so I could wear it today.
You can't really tell from the pic, but the color and grain of the wood is quite beautiful.

Thank you for looking!

RockNRollRatfink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-13 1:51 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff fink! I wish I was ambitious enough to carve I can't get beyond a 5 minute pen drawing

"InK,Drink, and Plants That stinK"

View Profile of RockNRollRatfink Send a personal message to RockNRollRatfink  Email RockNRollRatfink Goto the website of RockNRollRatfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-14 10:04 pm   Permalink

Wow, there is just something about the big nose guy that I just adore! He's just got this laid back attitude to him that seems so alive. Is that Koa wood? The grain does look really nice, it almost looks a little lighter in the front, not sure if that's the wood or just the lighting.

It's too bad you're not happy with the eyes on the other guy. I'm always nervous about what I'm doing so I usually don't take progress photos.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation