FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-21 9:34 pm   Permalink

Finkster! I love the end grain zebra wood. It has a different "stippled" look with all the end grain dots. Very unique. All of your resin pieces are looking fantastic! Tell the kids to keep on drawing and doing art like their good ole Dad. My son is the same way, and he loves to draw tikis.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 09:15 am   Permalink

Thanks everybody! I wouldn't do it if it weren't a ton of fun to do and now my kids are getting involved too, which is a super-bonus.
Is it just me or has all of the art on this site become outstanding?!
I'm very proud to be a part of it.

I'm all ready for the Chef Shangri La Anniversary!
Here are some pics of everything before I load it in the van.

Mahalo everybody, I'll see you later tonight!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 10:35 am   Permalink

That's all you did? Looks awesome all laid out like That! Hope you come back with only cash is your pockets!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 1:41 pm   Permalink

nice stuff fink. good luck at the chef shangri la, wish i could stop in but...well it's just a bit out of the way for me right now.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 2:02 pm   Permalink

very nice!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 8:36 pm   Permalink

Really nice stuff! The mask is wonderful.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 04:48 am   Permalink

Nice bunch of stuff there Finky, I Love the pendants.
This guy is Incredible and his Tongue is really great

AND lookit your cord work, Nice and tight and Uniform and Perfect as is the snake holding it down!

even your Pendants have neat little tongues.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 1:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the props, everyone!

Special thanks to you, Ben. I only followed your advice for making the cords. That screwdriver trick works like a charm!

I still have a lot of stuff left over from the weekend. I just put a bunch of it up on the Coconut Economy website:
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/coconuteconomy/index.php?list/15
(let me know if you have trouble logging in)

Please let me know if your interested in anything and I'll get it to you right away!

Super-Mahalos,

F

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 09:23 am   Permalink

One night in class, when I was bored and not paying attention, I did a couple of pen-doodles to pass the time.
For some reason I only drew half-faces.
Here is one of them:

So, naturally, I carved him in bone in all of his half-glory.

For some reason this piece of bone has a lot of different colors in it.
I haven't decided if I like it enough to make a mold with it yet.
Thanks for looking!

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 11:37 am   Permalink

Nice stuff, man! Great natural flow and detail. Bone is the best carving material around. I was hooked from the first piece.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 11:41 am   Permalink

Well then I guess It's only Half way Excellent then. Still it's tiki as it can't be anything else and I think it's Really Cool OR is it HALF Cool?
Naah All the way cool.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 3:48 pm   Permalink

It looks like a tiki to me but if you want you can just call it a ti or ki.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 05:32 am   Permalink

Thanks BK! Yeah, I love carving bone too. I just wish you could get it in log sized pieces!

Ben, he may be cool in his own right, but compared to any carving of yours he's only half cool.

Thanks Tikilizard, maybe we should start a ti carving thread!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-05 07:44 am   Permalink

Very cool Fink, maybe you could make on of those for the Poly Pop Menu Art Swap

By the way, bone does come in log sized chunks - you just have to break into a natural history museum

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 4:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha one and all!
In my mad carving frenzy I finished up another pendant this afternoon. He's carved in mahagony, which is really nice to carve with hand tools. I roughed out the shape with the bandsaw, but everything else was done with a hook knife, a small round-tipped knife, a lot of sandpaper, and a paint brush.
If you are going to carve with hand tools, mahagony is a good wood to use since it's soft enough to cut and it holds a fair amount of detail. You just have to be careful on tiny shapes because it will "chip out" on you and cause much greif.

Thanks for looking!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation