FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
Some new photoshop pics (with moai!)
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 8:32 pm   Permalink

Looks good enough to eat.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 8:50 pm   Permalink

Finky Looks Great! I Love the Macro shots too. The only bad thing about them is that Every little ding and imperfection shows up. But that is a good thing if you use it before the finishing. lookin Good.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 8:58 pm   Permalink

cool, fun stuff fink....like them

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 1:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody! You're not kidding about the macro showing everything, geez!

Here is some progress pics on the piece of wood I've been trying to pound into submission. A ways to go yet, but you get the idea.

Ben, what do you think of the curves now? I'm not sure about the mouth area, maybe it's not right yet? I decided to round out the head too, it looks better this way.

Thanks for looking! Any advice or critique are very welcome on this guy.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 2:05 pm   Permalink

Finky,

He looks like one of the "Stray Cats"!! I love him! I'm gonna have to cry foul though.....how come you get to play with Benzo all the time now? And where did you get that fantastic piece of wood? No fair! I'm moving to Port St. Lucie - with my bolt cutters!

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 2:21 pm   Permalink

Ok....I'm moving to Florida too! This just isn't fair that you get to hang with
the Benz and get two-toned wood to play with. Any other houses available in the
neighborhood?

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 4:59 pm   Permalink

that stuff is all looking awesome, FinkDaddy! right on!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 12:01 am   Permalink

very nice

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 04:09 am   Permalink

Hey FinkD, I think he is looking great. I'll see you this morning and give you another free benzart lesson. (See what you guyz are missing?)
Conga and any others interested, there are Lots of homes available, just Begging for someone to come and stay. There are 2 houses on my street for rent/sale, COME ON DOWN! We could have our own tiki carving community. Now wouldn't that be Great?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 05:14 am   Permalink

I wanna play too...

lookin' great Finky...keep it up.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 05:45 am   Permalink

Hey Fink! Throw that one across the county into my trees! Me likes!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 11:13 am   Permalink

Gman, come on over, but leave the bolt cutters behind! I still need my fingers!

Conga, There are several houses on my block for sale at great prices. Of course, you have to love the color pink.

Thanks again to everyone, especially Ben who has been a huge help, a terrific inspiration, and a wonderful friend.

As for that wood throwing thing... I was having a really bad day and had no business carving in the first place.

Here is the progress on the Moai. I'm pretty sure he's finished except for a couple layers of clear.

The grain on this wood is amazing, even on the toggle!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 2:38 pm   Permalink

Most Excellent FinkD, I love the extra detail you have added, Well done

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 05:36 am   Permalink

Thank you Ben, I couldn't have done it without you!

Here he is, all finished up. There are a few coats of Krylon clear on him and it really brought out the gorgeous color of the wood. Ziricote is very strange to carve. The light colored wood is like a normal hard wood. The dark colored wood is a deep, rich purple swirl and is hard as nails. The weird thing about the dark wood is that despite being so hard, it was very oily and almost sticky. So if you carved or sanded in the direction of dark wood to light, you left dark purple streaks on the light parts that had to be sanded off. The smell of the wood is heavenly when you carve it. It smells like some kind of Indian incense.
Here he is:

I'll post him in the Marketplace forum later this morning.
Thanks again for looking!

flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-21 06:54 am   Permalink

Nice work, wood looks a bit like Cocobolo
Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation