FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » VampTiki Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
VampTiki Lounge
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-08 08:22 am   Permalink

Very cool shelving, Vamp. I am jealous over the amount of liquor and glassware you have. Love the Von Franco Cruiser too.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-08 8:20 pm   Permalink

Okay, after one toooooo many. Who will be the first to try and climb up and ride the bike?

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-08 8:36 pm   Permalink

Good one!!! Hopefully nobody will be scaling the fridge to get a wild ride on that baby.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-11 08:15 am   Permalink

I just couldn't wait until this gets hung in my lounge, so pardon the picture of it on the floor. This is the absolutely awesome sign my wonderful friend, Ken (Moondog426) made for me as a gift. How cool is that!!!

Gonna hang it on the wall for now, and when I get a thatch roof for over my bar it will headline there....WOOOOOOHOOOOOO. hugshugsKen

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-11 3:14 pm   Permalink

From another thread - Bananabobs wrote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2008-06-10 19:16, VampiressRN wrote:

I see these topics over and over and sometimes people get distanced because of their opinions...I always find it sad when a fight ensues, as this is such a wonderful community and I do appreciate diversity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vampiress, you're a classy lady.

Let me say ditto to that. Vamp, love the sign. Your place is really shaping up. If I ever make it to the other coast again the Vamp Tiki Lounge is going to be a must see!

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-11 5:22 pm   Permalink

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU...

I am ready to throw a party for you and BB at the drop of a hat (or should I say mug).

TikiPearlsOfTahiti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-12 4:25 pm   Permalink

wow, VampiressRN, just love your tiki hangout!! You've done a great job decorating. I love your bike too! Not familiar with the make, but it looks really cool. Is it had to put up over the fridge though? Looks cool though. Love your shelving unit and tiki mug collection.

View Profile of TikiPearlsOfTahiti Send a personal message to TikiPearlsOfTahiti      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-06 5:57 pm   Permalink

I admit that I have been spending all my money over the past couple of years on dishes and home decor and have neglected my lounge. The VampTiki Lounge is well stocked and gets good usage during Tiki parties and when I have card games. Bigger is better...at least in the bar...I wish I had more storage and need to get the top of my bar cleaned off as I put so much stuff there it is not user-friendly to bar-tending or the guests sitting there. I won't have the money this year, but next year I would love to get an overhead storage area built so I can keep things in easy reach...such as shakers, etc. Wish I had a sink too, but no room...se la vi.

How do folks use overhead units...what suggestions do you have? Bring it on..I can take it...LOL P.S...the bike stays.

amybean
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-06 7:25 pm   Permalink

The bike is awesome! Also the bar and all your shelving, chairs, etc. Jealous!
How about a rolling cart for storing the booze?

View Profile of amybean Send a personal message to amybean  Email amybean Goto the website of amybean     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-06 8:28 pm   Permalink

I feel at home now in the new forum...thanks Hanford.

Thanks amybean...I should have mentioned, all the booze is now in the tall cabinet behind the bar and that works very well...so my bar is not cluttered with that.

My bar top is cluttered with containers of drink swag, mixers, coasters, etc. I do need to arrange the storage shelves underneath the back of the bar to help out...they could benefit from pull out shelves.

I will have to take some more pictures during the daylight so my plight makes more sense.

(edited for spelling...you would think at my age I could get it right)

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2010-03-06 20:29 ]

ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 12:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-30 00:06, VampiressRN wrote:
Thanks Sam...it is a Crosley repo. Reminds me of one my Dad gave me when I was a little girl, for my playhouse...had it till I was about 25 yrs old, then it got ruined by water damage in a funky place where the ex and I first lived. I never forgot that radio...it started my lifelong love of music. This Crosley has a really nice sound too.

I don't think the color shows up well in these pics, but the walls are now a soft gold/hint of greenish tinge. I have tons of work to still do, since I have to hire people to do all the work...but I am most excited about getting my Von Franco Tiki Cruiser hung. It is a nice fit above the fridge.

Is that by chance some form of Magnum PI on one of your shelves there? Love you bar!

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-03 06:29 am   Permalink

Yes that is indeed Magnum PI...I also have the Terminator, Elvis, Don Ho and Steve McGarrett all from Tiki Farm. You too can have these fabulous mugs http://www.tikifarm.com/tiki_mugs_p5.htm

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 07:38 am   Permalink

Gawd, I love those shelves!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-03 8:36 pm   Permalink

VampTiki got installed back in her guard post today.

Yeah...I lucked out on those shelves, thanks for the comps. Got them at a consignment store...never seen anything like them before and they look very good with the other furniture I have in my lounge. I need to spiff up the lounge and get some new pix to post...will probably do that next weekend.

ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 9:48 pm   Permalink

ARGGGGG!!! I just ordered some stuff from Tikifarm and completely missed that page. Now I have to place another order....stupid shipping cost.. AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG ......oooo rum!

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation