FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » Name My New Car.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Name My New Car.
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-20 05:36 am   Permalink

I think cars name themselves. You're gonna have to drive it for a while. It'll come to you. Maybe.

Cars have thier own personalities. Unfortunately, Japanese cars are fairly souless and lacking personality (until they get old). The price you pay for reliability.

I bought a Nissan once. Great car. Fun to drive. Never gave me a problem and it never got named.

However, if you are determined to name it before knowing if it has any quirks—(cue up the Jefferson Airplane) how about "Plastic Fantastic?"

[ This Message was edited by: foamy 2007-01-20 06:01 ]

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 5:00 pm   Permalink

Really tried to get JuiceBx, but it was already taken. I ended up ordering:

OJ BOX

Mahalo!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-27 5:35 pm   Permalink

NABISCO

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-27 7:05 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the car name....that is cute.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-08 2:03 pm   Permalink

As many of you know, I've been driving around with no plate for almost a year. I procrastinated as I hate the DMV, so when I finally went to pick up the plate, I was informed by the DMV that they destroyed the plate "OJ BOX". I had to choose another plate on the fly....so almost a year later the plate on my car is:

MAITAI4

I'm a lot happier with this plate. It fits the car, I guess just like naming a baby, sometimes you've just got to wait...

Coincidentally, today is the 1 year anniversary of driving my orange monster off the lot.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-08 4:46 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the name. I know what you mean about the DMV...disorganized chaos with long wait times. I too had a personal license plate made for my little electric car and procrastinated, but picked it up minutes before getting tossed in the destroy bin. Mine says "VAMPTKI" so now I am going to decal that baby up. Wanted to get a custom paint job but couldn't afford it.

So, after a year of driving your car, how do you like it? They look so utilitarian...bet it comes in handy for hauling tikis and such. Does it get good gas mileage? Got spinners...air shocks?...JKG.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OJ BOX

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2008-01-08 16:47 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation