FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Road Trip to San Francisco - March 8th - the Trek Begins...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Road Trip to San Francisco - March 8th - the Trek Begins...
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-09 10:54 pm   Permalink

I've been itching to go to San Francisco to hit some of the Tiki hot spots and to visit the Forbidden Island along the way. Is anyone interested in a road trip sometime in the next couple of months?

I just bought a new car -- and it would be a great way to break it in. Better yet, if there are number of people interested, it would be really fun to have a several cars loaded with tiki freaks caravaning all the way up to SF.

My my new ride can fit 4 comfortably -- so I'm throwing the idea out there.

This is the car my fellow partners in crime would be sharing with me.

Cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-01-21 13:39 ]

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 04:49 am   Permalink

Looks like a great ''ride'' for a road trip. There are a few us in the Sacramento area that have been talking about making the trek to Forbidden Island. If the dates work out maybe we can hook up. Looks like that ride could bring back a few tikis too!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-10 06:13 am   Permalink

Fun new ride ya got there. Looking forward to watching the travelers sign up for this road trip!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 2:09 pm   Permalink

I've got one seat on the car reserved in mon petit l'orange...and the Forbidden Island is definitely a stop....

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 5:50 pm   Permalink

just did a wicked little adventure of the same variety over the holiday - wouldn't mind a repeat. I hear the Creperie that Tiki Bob guards is actually a good place to eat??? Depending on the date, I'd be up for a road trip!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 6:14 pm   Permalink

I bet if your car had a name, people would go.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 12:08 am   Permalink

Actually, I posted a "Name my Car" Thread under bilge....I've been checking out what folks have come up with....I think I actually would like a vanity plate in line with the color....and for some reason the car feels like a woman...

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 12:52 am   Permalink

Forbidden Island has a mug with your name on it.
We look forward to meeting you.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 11:50 am   Permalink

Shotgun!!!!

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 1:19 pm   Permalink

What are the dates you are thinking? I'd like to go.

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 12:08 am   Permalink

Looks like 2nd weekend in March.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-12 04:49 am   Permalink

Yee Haw.....if you folks drive up on Saturday, March 10th....I will host a party for ya on Sunday, March 11th. Let me know if that sounds doable? I will link up with the NorCal faction and we can have a tiki sale in the garage.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 1:05 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a FUN road trip. Mai Tai and I will be happy to join in at FI, provided the date works. Just let us know.

Will you be hitting Tonga Room, Trader Vics (any one or all of the 3), Conga Lounge, or Kona club? Do I smell a mini-crawl in the air?

Word of caution, FI fills up Friday and Saturday nights. So try to get there early if possible. Also, Martiki is usually there Saturday, but not Friday nights.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 5:42 pm   Permalink

What love! I'll check with my fellow-car mates and see what works for all--I'm flexible.

Looks like my vehicle is "booked", but if anyone pulls out, I'll start a list. I'm also checking with another girlfriend. She has a SUV, if I can twist her arm, she'll be able to haul another 2-3 people.

I do want to hit FI and would like to see the Tonga Room in SF and whatever else we have time for or what others would like to hit...

A mini-crawl? Damn, I'm driving. Cheers!

Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 4:34 pm   Permalink

I'm up for a Sacramento-Forbidden Island road trip!

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation