FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ California Events Ľ Ľ Road Trip to San Francisco - March 8th - the Trek Begins...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Road Trip to San Francisco - March 8th - the Trek Begins...
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-13 9:14 pm   Permalink

Early March is good - tho I wish it were sooner!! What fun!!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-17 09:12 am   Permalink

Mai Tai and I live 5 minutes away from Forbidden Island...dangerously close for our own good...

You could easily spend the evening only at Forbidden Island and have a lovely time. If you choose to go to the other local tiki bars, FI is in close proximity to them: Tonga Room and TV SF are 20 - 25 minutes North, Conga Lounge and Kona Club are 15 minutes East, and TV Emerville is 20 minutes North East.

Cheers!

Quote:

On 2007-01-12 17:42, CheekyGirl wrote:
What love! I'll check with my fellow-car mates and see what works for all--I'm flexible.

Looks like my vehicle is "booked", but if anyone pulls out, I'll start a list. I'm also checking with another girlfriend. She has a SUV, if I can twist her arm, she'll be able to haul another 2-3 people.

I do want to hit FI and would like to see the Tonga Room in SF and whatever else we have time for or what others would like to hit...

A mini-crawl? Damn, I'm driving. Cheers!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-18 9:26 pm   Permalink

Looks like the trek will commence on Thurs. March 8th....the adventure begins...
My car is packed, but if anyone else wants to join in...the tiki caravan...

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-18 9:39 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to the agenda so I can link up with ya at FI and maybe in SF.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-01-19 08:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-18 21:26, CheekyGirl wrote:
Looks like the trek will commence on Thurs. March 8th....the adventure begins...
My car is packed, but if anyone else wants to join in...the tiki caravan...

Crap- that's the day I fly out of town for 10 days. Have fun at FI!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 5:57 pm   Permalink

Drats! Martiki -- we were looking forward to your mixologist skills.

So far, we were thinking of hitting FI on Thurs. evening and pretty much planting ourselves there for the evening. We will probably need to find someplace to stay within stumbling or short taxi ride distance, otherwise we risk passing out and getting rolled.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 6:43 pm   Permalink

There's a Day's Inn a mile away, with some nice mid-century details and good rates.
A bunch of us stayed there after the fab New Years Eve party at FI.
Check it out:

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-21 1:31 pm   Permalink

Right on...thanks Mike!

suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 10:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-17 09:12, Coco Loco wrote:
Mai Tai and I live 5 minutes away from Forbidden Island...dangerously close for our own good...

Too close? I wish I were closer and that I could take BART there! hehe
Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 10:52 am   Permalink

Suzanne,
You can take BART to downtown Oakland and the AC Transit 51 bus from there to Santa Clara and Bay (1 block from FI). We'd like to see your face there sometime soon!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-23 7:32 pm   Permalink

Will it take me home too? Hehehehe
I'd love to see you soon, too, JenTiki!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 2:37 pm   Permalink

I booked a room today with 2 queen beds at the Days Inn in Alameda for Thurs. March 8th. I'm also bringing an inflatable queen bed. Here's the address and contact number of the motel in case anyone else is interested in joining the convoy.

Days Inn Alameda
1925 Webster Street
Alameda, CA
510-521-8400

The rate I was quoted was $79.00+taxes.

I'm in the process of looking into rooms in SF. Cheers!

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 1:59 pm   Permalink

I looked up the hotel that was used for last SF crawl in 2006. Unless anyone is opposed, Iím booking us for the balance of our stay Fri. March 9 thru Sun. March 11th (check out) at The Phoenix Hotel (601 Eddy St., San Francisco, CA (415) 766-1380). Apparently, itís pretty close to the SF Trader Vicís)

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 12:11 pm   Permalink

You know, I just realized I should have posted this in "Tiki Travel" -- sorry!

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-16 12:11, CheekyGirl wrote:
You know, I just realized I should have posted this in "Tiki Travel" -- sorry!

Noooo, anytime the Hoities get up here, it's an event.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation