FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Road Trip to San Francisco - March 8th - the Trek Begins...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Road Trip to San Francisco - March 8th - the Trek Begins...
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-20 07:25 am   Permalink

Cheeky Girl~ Don't Miss Out on the Happy Hour at The Tonga Room:

Happy Hour - Monday through Friday - 5pm-7pm
All You Can Eat Happy Hour Buffet $8.00 per person that features chicken or vegetable stir-fry made to order, baby back ribs, crab ragoon, spring rolls, & fruit and cheeses along with Great Drink Specials.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-20 08:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-20 07:25, WooHooWahine wrote:
Cheeky Girl~ Don't Miss Out on the Happy Hour at The Tonga Room:

Happy Hour - Monday through Friday - 5pm-7pm
All You Can Eat Happy Hour Buffet $8.00 per person that features chicken or vegetable stir-fry made to order, baby back ribs, crab ragoon, spring rolls, & fruit and cheeses along with Great Drink Specials.

And don't forget the indoor rainstorm over the indoor lagoon!!! And all the great Oceanic Arts decor from the mid-60's!!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 1:15 pm   Permalink

Here's the proposed itinerary. I somewhat followed footsteps of the last crawl.

Thursday 3/8

Forbidden Island Night

Friday 3/9

San Francisco

4:00 pm to 5:00 pm - Trad'r Sams
5:00 pm to 7:30 pm - Tonga Room
7:30 pm to 9:00 pm - Bamboo Hut
9:00 pm to Closing - Trader Vic's SF

Saturday 3/10

5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Kona Club
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Conga Lounge
9:00 pm to Closing - Trader Vic's Emeryville.

I figured I'd leave enough room to sober up during the day and/or any day trippin' anyone wants to do. I would like to check out the Tiki Bob on Taylor & Post and there's supposed to be an amazing view of SF at top of Market St. called Twin Peaks.

[ This Message was edited by: cheekygirl 2007-03-04 17:28 ]

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 4:06 pm   Permalink

PARTEEEEEE!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 5:24 pm   Permalink

Okay, who stole Unga's password?

Quote:

On 2007-02-21 16:06, Unga Bunga wrote:
PARTEEEEEE!

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2007-02-21 17:34 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 1:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-12 04:49, VampiressRN wrote:
Yee Haw.....if you folks drive up on Saturday, March 10th....I will host a party for ya on Sunday, March 11th. Let me know if that sounds doable? I will link up with the NorCal faction and we can have a tiki sale in the garage.

TIKI HUNTER will have loads of great Tiki items at the Vamp's March 10th Tiki get together. We will even hang out if the Tiki Road Trips folks make it out to Sacramento by the 11th. If not I will try to clear it with the powers that be at the wonderful Forbidden Island!
Mojo

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 1:30 pm   Permalink

If you're going to SF you definately want to hit the Tonga room at the Fairmont. It doesn't open until after 5pm, FYI. It's awesome!

We finally made it to Forbidden Island in early January, met some friends there before we flew out to Hawaii, it was a great way to kick off the vacation.

Have fun! Maybe we'll see you there! (We're going to LA this weekend, tomorrow a visit to Tiki-Ti and Saturday morning it's Oceanic Arts for some supplies, then back to Sac)...

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-22 2:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-20 13:15, CheekyGirl wrote:
Here's the proposed itinerary. I somewhat followed footsteps of the last crawl.

Thursday 3/8

Forbidden Island Night

Friday 3/9

San Francisco

3:30 pm to 5:00 pm - Trad'r Sams
5:00 pm ot 7:30 pm - Tonga Room
7:30 pm to 9:30 pm - Bamboo Hut
9:30 pm to Closing - Trader Vic's SF

Saturday 3/10

5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Kona Club
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Conga Lounge
9:00 pm to Closing - Trader Vic's Emeryville.

I figured I'd leave enough room to sober up during the day and/or any day trippin' anyone wants to do. I would like to check out the Tiki Bob on Taylor & Post and there's supposed to be an amazing view of SF at top of Market St. called Twin Peaks.

Cheeky,
If I may.... I suggest you cut the Tradr Sam visit to 4:30 as it'll take you a good 20-30 minutes to get to the Tonga Room (Fairmont Hotel). You are going to have Friday afternoon rush hour to contend with so you may want to plan on being in SF early Friday for sightseeing, etc. I'd do SF TV's early Friday afternoon then Tradr Sam then Tonga (Great Happy Hour-$8 all you can eat and drink specials), then Bamboo Hut and back to Forbidden Island (if you all are staying in Alameda.) And maybe flip the Kona Club and Conga Lounge so you can try the pizza! And while you're at the Kona Club, run up the street and check out Trader Vic's final resting spot!(He's pretty much staring right down the road at the Kona Club!) Just some thoughts....

No matter what you do in what order you all are going to run into great people and places like WooHooWahine and I did!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 08:29 am   Permalink

Are these travelers traveling?

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 08:40 am   Permalink

Have Fun Kids!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 09:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-08 08:29, tikiwinebear wrote:

I had an email from one of them this morning and they're on their way! They'll be getting to FI around opening time I believe. I've heard there's quite a roster of NorCal tiki peeps coming down as well, so it should be tons o' fun! Come on down, Myke!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 10:23 am   Permalink

TWB,

In our drunken haze last week...many TC Weds nighters decided to attend Thursday this week, instead of Weds, in honor of the So CA visit. So, it's TC night tonight instead of last night for some of us.

We'll be there tonight, I believe Hanford and Humu are planning to be in attendance, Thayer and Scott will probably be there as well. Sadly, Martiki is off on his world journey, so won't be in attendance tonight. There also may be another surprise guest tonight with the initials of MrS making a surprise appearance as well.

Welcome SOCAL contingency, we look forward to seeing you tonight!

CL

Quote:

On 2007-03-08 08:29, tikiwinebear wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2007-03-08 10:24 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 11:31 am   Permalink

I didn't make plans for Tiki Central night last night in hopes the SoCal Ohana were still coming tonight (Thursday). So, there is a VERY good chance I will make it out of the grapevine covered hills and head for Alameda tonight. I hear there will be a whole bunch of people there I haven't met or haven't seen for awhile. This should be fun!! I probably won't get there until 8:00'ish, so save some of the Mystery Bowl for me too!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 12:00 pm   Permalink

I'll be in San Jose until 4:30, so we definitely won't be there when it opens. We'll probably get there around 7 or 8ish.

Quote:

On 2007-03-08 11:31, tikiwinebear wrote:
I didn't make plans for Tiki Central night last night in hopes the SoCal Ohana were still coming tonight (Thursday). So, there is a VERY good chance I will make it out of the grapevine covered hills and head for Alameda tonight. I hear there will be a whole bunch of people there I haven't met or haven't seen for awhile. This should be fun!! I probably won't get there until 8:00'ish, so save some of the Mystery Bowl for me too!

- Myke

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 12:45 pm   Permalink

Hoity Toity Alert!

Ruh Oh,
cpt.midnite, no longer safe in the DHTZ*

*DeHoity-Toitied Zone

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation