FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events recent NYC TIKI crawls+pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
recent NYC TIKI crawls+pics
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 2:11 pm   Permalink

Oh yes, Otto's is a must!

Looking forward to the "Wake 'n Bake" and seeing you again, Steve and the rest of the usual suspects.

Aloha,

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 2:20 pm   Permalink

I stopped in at WW last Saturday and unless I was having dinner, they wouldn't let me sit at the table. The bar was full so I had to stand with Ben and my sister. So, I suggest going to WW later at night when dinner is over and Cheng is more fucked-up, oh excuse me, generous and could serve us free drinks, and we can do whatever we please.
SO, WHAT NEWCOMERS ARE GOING TO VENTURE OUT WITH US ON SATuRDAY??
Don't be scared...we are just internet tiki geeks, just like you

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-01-13 2:28 pm   Permalink

i made a reservation at Wally's for 9:30 before, is that ok to keep?

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 2:39 pm   Permalink

Inky & Cat,

I'll go with whatever you decide. I must be gettin' old but I may need to eat something beforehand to soak up all that rum! Shall I bring some pupus for us share at the new "Ink Pad?" Any recommendations?

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2003-01-13 2:50 pm   Permalink

pupus will be served, don't say it's your age, I like to say I have blood sugar issues!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 3:33 pm   Permalink

Beware! the Playboy machine has claimed more than her fair share of souls
steve
send me your e-mails if you guys want to be on our weekly "schedule of events" mailing

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 3:33 pm   Permalink

Beware! the Playboy machine has claimed more than her fair share of souls
steve
send me your e-mails if you guys want to be on our weekly "schedule of events" mailing

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-13 4:51 pm   Permalink

Yes, low blood sugar and Playboy pinball machines will steal your soul!

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-14 3:45 pm   Permalink

We are finally freed from the the Main Discussion Forum!!
"Look at all the trouble I've caused! If we go to Chan's will we have time to hit Wally's and Otto's? Here's a thought. I have 2 nights. How about dinner at Chan's on Friday (mellow, early night) and then the pubcrawl Saturday. Just a thought. Not like I have a life or anything! Hey shouldn't this be on another thread?!? Sorry!
Aloha, Arty"

I don't do mellow. see you on Saturday. Put on your best Hawaiian eating and drinking shirt because we have time for Jersey AND Manhattan. We're not crawling on a West Coast pace, brother. Remember what city you'll be in... If not, I'm gonna make you go to Brooklyn, Staten Island, and the Bronx too!

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-14 4:37 pm   Permalink

Hey Cat,

I guess I better strap on the helmet for Saturday. I forgot who I was dealin' with --the NYC chapter President!

Get ready Inky and make sure Russel is there to bail us out!

inkylouise

Posted: 2003-01-14 7:01 pm   Permalink

EEEiiiiKKKSS! I liked the sound of separating mellow night and frantic night....but I can go both ways.

Maniac and I should work out the logistics then we'll post some sort of itenerary.

If we are going out to Jersey, I would expect maybe some of the suburban Centralites may join us?!?!?

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-14 8:19 pm   Permalink

No matter what we do, I definitely wanna make it to Otto's. I'm not sure Jersey is in the cards for us on Saturday, but don't listen to me 'cuz I don't know the area. Anyhoo, like I said, I got 2 nights...actually 3 if you count Thursday (definitely MELLOW NIGHT!).

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-01-14 20:25 ]

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 10:05 am   Permalink

nah, nah--I'm not against the mellow vibe, just pulling your leg--what I'm saying is that Jersey is definately doable (Inky and I are working on the transportation) in addition to Otto's and Inky's.
What do you guys think then--meet at Inky's early evening, go to Chan's for drinks and dinner (transportation details to follow) and then return to Ottos to finish off the night.

On Fri night, I am going to see a traditional Ukrainian music performance.
(I am a geek on so many levels.) Then in regards to WW or Zombie Hut, I might be able to drop by one of these joints for a chill drink after my thing on Friday.

PS No helmet is needed. But pack warm clothes--it's been cold here in the city!

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 10:08 am   Permalink

get it stright, Uncle Arty
you and Russell are chapter co-presidents
Inky and I are co-vice presidents

how can we recruit a treasurer to manage the finances for our tiki escapades?

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-15 10:19 am   Permalink

The schedule for Saturday sounds great. I will plan to meet you at the "Ink Pad" at 8 pm and we'll go from there.

As for Friday, I could like pop by for a quick one (or two) if it's not too late. I have an early day and all day interviews on Saturday. What time were you thinking?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation