[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki Fender Acoustics
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Fender Acoustics
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 08:54 am   Permalink

I'm very excited to finally announce this. I've been working with Fender guitar for the last year on 4 tiki themed acoustic guitars. Fender just announced the news on their web site, link below. They are releasing one guitar per quarter in 2007 the first "Tiki Femme Fatale" should be available by the end of February and #2 will be out in April. I'll be doing limited editions of each piece, editions of 100.

http://www.fender.com/news/index.php?display_article=156

Cheers!

Limited edition print

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 10:15 am   Permalink

Oh man, that rocks!!! Great score for you! Now I wish I knew how to play and could afford a Fender.

Cheers

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 10:19 am   Permalink

That, is cooler than cool!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 11:15 am   Permalink

Outstanding Doug! What a great partnership for you and Fender. I hope the fourth guitar is an A-

tuned guitar. Also, I am interested in the Femme Fatale and Unquiet Village print when available.

Cheers

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 3:18 pm   Permalink

Awesome Doug! That's great news and those are great looking guitars. Congrats!

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 5:55 pm   Permalink

SWEET

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-11 9:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks Doug!! I really dig mine.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 08:45 am   Permalink

Far out Doug!

I'd love to see a closeup of the velvet monkey guitar too it looks like its a little different than the actual painting...

BTW, Is that a mini guitar or are you like seven feet tall?

(Hey Doug! Check out NoNaMe's pad! I swear it's like a frickin' Doug Horne Museum in there... and watch out, he's got the "Romance Lighting" on! When the Tiki-Condo's a-rockin' don't go a-knockin'!!!)

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fendertiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-12 09:18 am   Permalink

Hey All,

Wanted to add just a quick note to Doug's post...What a pleasure it was working with Mr. Swamp Fire - Although I'm slowly going broke, but I like it, I like it...

It's always cool when somebody is soooo good at what they do that you can just let them do their thing. Doug, thanks!

Thought the TC folks might enjoy a couple of photos...The first is the Creative team on this project, along with a few special consultants...Left to right are:

Rich Siegle, Fender Director of Branding
Brian Tedeschi, Fender Licensing
The One, The Only, the Magnificent Doug Horne...
Clay Lyons, Fender Graphic Artist
Fender Tiki, AKA known as Ron K.
And last, but certainly not least, a certain TC regular on a secret mission at Fender. Oh, what could it be? Ah yes, the one and only MakeDaMug....

We've got a whole lot of Tiki people here at Fender - this has been a blast. Per request, here's a pic of the Monkey Business guitar...

We're officially launching these at NAMM (the Music Industry's big trade show) next week. If anyone is interested, I will post photos when I get back.

Mahalo, rk

[ This Message was edited by: fendertiki 2007-01-12 09:19 ]

View Profile of fendertiki Send a personal message to fendertiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 09:49 am   Permalink

I be at the NAMM show on Saturday!!! I'll see you there!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 09:52 am   Permalink

WAY TO GO!!!!! That is so cool Doug. Congratulations. Your art and Fender guitars.. nothing could be cooler than that!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 10:09 am   Permalink

This is just an outright awesome collaboration! I got to preview these puppies and they are nothing short of phenomenal.

What's been the most fun for me is, over the last year or so, seeing the Tiki bug bite the good folks at Fender. Ron Kronewitter (project leader) is now one of our best customers! The workplace environment at Fender, all of the great people involved in this project... sometimes it just doesn't feel like work you know?!

Hank - it's not an illusion. Doug's 6'7" and whenever I meet up with Doug, I feel like I'm talking to his clavical.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fendertiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-12 10:16 am   Permalink

Yep, it's so...I'm 6'5", and Doug makes me look up!

View Profile of fendertiki Send a personal message to fendertiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 10:37 am   Permalink

Awesome!!!

Now Fender needs a Tiki Hut built in their showroom to display
these correctly!

hint...hint...

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-12 11:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-12 10:37, RevBambooBen wrote:
Awesome!!!

Now Fender needs a Tiki Hut built in their showroom to display
these correctly!

hint...hint...

And a monkey to sit in the tiki hut all day and play them.

hint...hint...hint

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation