FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-17 9:39 pm   Permalink

Nice work on the small detail stuff.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 8:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks seek!
i was just messing around today again, got some burning done on the one guy, and tryed to grind some stone, going alright so far...

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 2:48 pm   Permalink

Alright, here's the latest guy i've been working on. it's a piece of wood from BC. not sure what it is. it's real nice wood.

Sliced my thumb today too while carvin this lil bastard! taped it up though. so we're good to go. no more carving today though.

Also got a few pieces varnished. they look real nice, im glad i found a can. it was about time!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki duddy 2008-06-25 14:54 ]

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slave2Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-25 3:57 pm   Permalink

Tiki D
Nice work , i like the Moko

View Profile of Slave2Tiki Send a personal message to Slave2Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 4:16 pm   Permalink

Careful there, it's starting to look like the standard issue "Artists Shop", complete with multiple unfinished pieces, bloody bandages, stray dogs hanging around, Various paint rags from every tiki you have finished, Nice looking tikis and half empty varnish cans hidden here and there!
Nice burn job, you are getting better and better. Nice pic's too, remember your first bunch from a cell phone, you've come a Long way there Too!
I guess you've just come a Long way everywhere, keep it up.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 6:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Slave. appreciated

Thank you too, Benz. yes! the old days of the 'camera phone'. rough times! very happy to have the digicam.
i promise, this is the last new carving i'll start before i finish my others!

Thanks again!
More tomorrow!

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 8:38 pm   Permalink

New Tools:
!!!

New Owies:
!!!

New Updates:
!!!

This guy better turn out for the amount of trouble he's giving me.
more updates tomorrow

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 9:07 pm   Permalink

Nice tools nice carve start and nice sideman band aid.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 04:23 am   Permalink

Nice work Duddy.

Ben.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 07:13 am   Permalink

TDuddy, You can stop now with the bandaid needs, Cut it OUT!
Nice tools Kinda?? Actually they look like the china version and are mostly Wood-Turning tools just Sold as wood carving tools. I would return them and get real Carving tools, They SHOULD know better and if they don't then they (whoever sold them to you) not sell them.
The new pieces are looking Great.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 08:02 am   Permalink

Thanks Seek, yes...spiderman is the man.

Ben, always appreciated!

Benz, im seriously trying not to knick my fingers, honestly am! Thanks for the compliments and concern with the tools, i saw the gouges and those were what i wanted out of the set, i dont even have an idea what the squiggly one is for lol.

More stuff soon!
....once the fingers heal a bit

Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 10:14 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki Daddy. I had that exact same set of chisels and picked the gouges out also. The only problem I had was they tended to slip until I spent some serious time with a sharpening stone and a strop. It made a big difference with the carving and less time sanding. Your Moai is looking really good and love the detail on the small head. Happy Carvin'

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 5:58 pm   Permalink

Happy Canada Day Duddy!

Whatever the hell that is?
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-01 7:16 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks Lizard! i have yet to try out my gouges on an actual piece but SOON!

Buzzy! Thanks much!! im actually gonna watch the canada day fireworks from atop my roof, i can see all the little towns' fireworks! then im commin to the US to watch YOUR guys' fireworks!
hmm...last year i caught myself on fire...maybe ill steer clear of em this year....NAHHH!

got the second coat of semi-gloss on the Moai, i'll have some pictures tomorrow

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 10:04 am   Permalink

Alright, here he is all varnished up! i DID screw the ears up again though, one is giant while the other is a bit smaller.
oh well.
here it is!

Now to finish up all the other ones i've started and i can start some NEW ones!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation