FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 6:13 pm   Permalink

Ditto what Conga and Hewey said. If you keep this up you're gonna be he grand master Some Day. Practice, practice, practice, you know what they say Practice makes perfect tikis, so Don't let up. Just keep making these cool tikis. I love the teeth and the tongue and the full body is gonna be great!.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 8:08 pm   Permalink

Whoa Duddy....lookin great man! Keep um coming!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 8:41 pm   Permalink

NICE, TD! I really like the tongue grabber. Keep up the good work!

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 8:42 pm   Permalink

hey Duddy- movin right along i see. right on! the guy holding his tongue really stands out to me. great designs.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 4:16 pm   Permalink

Hello all. thanks for the compliments always appreciated.
hey conga i use the hook knife usually to cut an outline in the wood. i dont know you you guys can just carve a whole thing with just the hook blade. need to figure that out yet.

thanks hewey. means alot.

benz man thank you. yes the practice is helping quite a bit. on those last 2 tikis i learned ALOT. before i couldent get the rounding down but now i think that i actually know what i am doing.

babalu, surf-n-turf, greentikipat- thank you. it really feels good to have people comment on something that you have created and put real thought into. i also like the toung grabber.
thanks everyone.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 8:03 pm   Permalink

Hey Duddy, the Tongue guy is pretty cool.

Could this be the Polynesian God for "Holding Your Tongue Before You Speak"?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-16 10:05 pm   Permalink

hey tikidav, thanks alot. i really like the tounge grabber as well. that is pretty cool what you thought of there. maybe he could be a little symbol for that.
great ideas.

Hey if anyone didnt notice from the pictures of the big guy i messed up pretty big. silly mistake but funny. if you pay attention to it you see that his knees kinda "morph" into his belly. i didnt think that through all the way. i had 2 ideas going at once and they kinda collided. well you learn every creation. next time i will think it through a little more. and hey maybe it can be "unique" lol.
thanks

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 5:49 pm   Permalink

Alright i now have a camera (thanks buzzy) and i can take pictures when i like. here are just a few updates...

i still need to get some stain on those guys.

here is a new small one i started this afternoon...

ill have more on this little guy tomorrow.
thanks for looking

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-29 11:36 pm   Permalink

Very good Duddy.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 01:41 am   Permalink

Lookin' good TDudd, once you get used to the camera, yo will be taking some good pix. Stand a bit farther away and hold the camera sideways to get the whole tiki.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 06:48 am   Permalink

hey benella thanks for the words.

benzart- yea i should stand farther but i wanted to get up close so it could show more detail hopefully. came out a little bit fuzzy but you can still see it. hey ...better than a camera phone

alright here are just a few i took last night, couldent sleep so i carved instead...

im gonna get started on the body and smoothing out the face so i should have more this afternoon.
thanks for looking

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-30 08:28 am   Permalink

ok here are some more pictures of this one almost done.

alright hopefully those turn out good on here. i tryed different parts of the house to get the right lighting, some are too bright and some are too dark.
and there you go

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-31 3:46 pm   Permalink

alright here is tiki #18 nearly done. just needs some stain and some clear coat which i plan on adding real soon

speaking of stain can anyone recomend a good stain color for this guy? im thinking a walnut kind. any other thoughts?

and thats him it, wow is that burnt smell strong...i love it
thanks for looking

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-01 12:22 am   Permalink

Duddy: Try putting on the walnut stain and wiping it off almost immediately. You'll see the grain start to come out. If you want it darker, stain it again and wipe the stain off again. If you want it super dark, leave it on until it dries, wipe it down again, and keep staining it until it's dark as you want it. I'll send you that picture of what that wood looks like with the different types of stain that got deleted from TC a while back.
Tiki 18! Man, you're really going. They're looking good too. Keep it up.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-01 02:53 am   Permalink

WOW Duddy,

you've empowered your style. Really nice piece.

Ben

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation