FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-01 10:07 am   Permalink

hey thanks you guys.
Buzzy-alright i will try to get my hands on some good stain next time i go to a bigger town. i think the walnut would be alright, i just dont want it to get too dark and then take out the burnt effect.

Benella-thanks man! i should be starting a new one later today, once ive woken up a bit more.

Thank you everyone, more soon

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-01 7:40 pm   Permalink

Lookin good Duddy and the pictures are getting Much better too!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-02 5:15 pm   Permalink

goodday benz, thanks alot. yea instead of holding the camera AND the tiki i just put the carving down so that i have a little less shake going on.

more soon!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-02 8:24 pm   Permalink

Excellent Tiki Duddy, I really like your style.
One might even say it's KUool! (groan)

Keep up the great work!

View Profile of Tipua Send a personal message to Tipua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-25 3:03 pm   Permalink

TDud,
Yer stuff is lookin great and much improved! I've been on hiatus for a few months from carvin and such. No warm place here in Clev-OH to carve as yet and I got real discouraged. About to restart here soon. Got a comish on a big tree stump!

View Profile of Freddimon Send a personal message to Freddimon  Email Freddimon Goto the website of Freddimon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 6:35 pm   Permalink

Tipua thank you for the compliment. i still dont see my own style in my work. i just see designs that have been done already.

freddimon thank you too, i actually noticed a little bit of an improvement in my stuff the other day. im happy with it.

Alright....i havent been around much lately. been busy a bit.....and a little lazy when i think of it.
well here is my next one that ive been working on. i did the lower half today....

and thats it for now. i should have more updates by the end of the week if i get around to it.
thanks for looking

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 7:37 pm   Permalink

Duddy, Looks like he will be a Nice Lookin Lono, keep on this track and he will be excellent. take your time and make the detail as Clean and crisp as you can and he'll be your Best one Yet. Cool!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 2:32 pm   Permalink

hey benz thanks. im taking my time on this guy, i want to get some good detail put into it.
should have more soon

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 12:39 am   Permalink

Hey Duddy: That guy's looking good so far. Have you stained the other ones yet?
I was worried about you, not posting in for so long. Good to see you've been getting some work done. Looks like no snow in the background. Been warm enough to work outside yet?
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 1:38 pm   Permalink

hey buzzy thanks man, no i have not stained the other guys yet. i need to get some new stain for those guys. and YES the snow is gone and the weather has been GREAT! lately its been real hot...but today its rainy.
thanks alot

more soon

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 6:16 pm   Permalink

alright i did a bit on it today. dont feel to great so ill finish him up another day.
i used a neighbour's bansaw to make the back on it flat.
sorry about the pictures. they arn't that great today. i just dont feel like going back outside and taking some more. ill have better pics once i make an update

thats all for today.
more soon

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 4:59 pm   Permalink

alright got some updates, not many because ive been....well, slacking off big time. and i want to appologize for that.
here is the one lono...

and here is just a little rock that i decided to take the dremel and some new pieces to, not too great of pictures here, ill have some better ones once its done...

thanks for looking always.

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 5:49 pm   Permalink

No need to apologize Duddy, just don't take any more time off. Your skills are
coming along nicely, the Lono is gonna be cool. And what's with the little head
between your fingers?
Opps...I should read too, not just look at pictures. Good job with the little stoner.

[ This Message was edited by: congatiki 2007-06-04 17:50 ]

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 7:29 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks conga, yes the pictures of the little head there were a little bit hard to see, i got a better one here, along with another rock i just carved. just experimenting a lil...

and thats it for today, i havent done much work with the wood lately but ill get some up and going yet. just trying this out for a little bit. interested in it.
thanks for looking

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 8:08 pm   Permalink

Wow, that second stone is pretty good! It has a great expression, and an authentic look.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation