FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 9:08 pm   Permalink

Duddy,

Whoa, you have really come a long way my friend...your just getting better and better. This is some very choice work!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 06:42 am   Permalink

Duddy, your stuff is still looking a bit rough, but a hundred % better than early on. Keep on working on smoothing out all the lumps and bulges and you'll be doing great. When you start complaining about how much you Hate sanding, you'll be there.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 2:27 pm   Permalink

hey hey, thanks alot for the words
4WDtiki- thanks, i enjoy the stone carving. i diddnt catch a good picture there, ill get more yet
babalu- i always like hearing ive gotten a little better than before. learn something new with every tiki
benzart- thanks to you aswell, i do dislike sanding, thats why i put it off so much always. but when i sand one i usually go through the lot of them and fix em up.

thanks all

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 05:57 am   Permalink

Don't feel alone,, I don't know of Any carver who likes to sand (except for TikiG's Miss Trish), we ALL HATE IT. Now that you know that, just realize that the More you sand, the Better your piece will probably be. My Lifetime Quest is to find ways to make sanding faster and easier and they usually involve some form of Power tools!
So keep up the good work and Practice your sanding EVERY Day!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-16 4:37 pm   Permalink

alright, here is one i started today from basswood. my first crack at basswood too, i love it!

thats it for now, i MIGHT have some more by tonight. i wont be carvin tomorrow cause of rain, gonna storm.
thanks for looking.
advice always wanted

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-16 5:15 pm   Permalink

Excellent start TD, Just take your TIME. The more you rush the more chance you have of messing iy up!.
Keep on Having fun.

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-16 8:03 pm   Permalink

thanks benz, i will take it easy on this one, i want to get this one turning out real good. trying to think of designs for the face after.

should i burn it or not??

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-17 6:24 pm   Permalink

I wouldn't burn it. I would add as much detail as possible and then you don't need any burning.

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 09:49 am   Permalink

ok! sorry for not being around too much, been pretty busy and to top it off.....i ran out of batteries for the camera, there were none in the whole house!
ok here's a little update...

thats it for now. thanks.....and yes, im wearing Pj pants

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 09:52 am   Permalink

Nice!

Were you shivering when you took these?

Nice carving man! Keep on going.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 09:54 am   Permalink

Haha.. Pjs!
I was just wondering if you were wearing punk bondage pants or if you had a blanket in your lap.
Nice progres pics!

View Profile of tikidreams Send a personal message to tikidreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 8:21 pm   Permalink

Lookin' good, Duddy! You're really getting brave by making such deep cuts into the wood. Your work is becoming much more sculptural, and less "drawn" on the surface. Looks like you are shaping with a saw too. Congrats!

Oh, and nice jammies!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-13 12:30 am   Permalink

Hey Duddy! Glad to see you back at it. Did you ever get some stain for the other ones? And, how about them rocks you were messin with?
Looks like you're about ready for some more wood...

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-20 3:05 pm   Permalink

Thank you all very much!

TikiDreams.....punk bondage pants? hahaha
i know ive been a little...slow this summer but im just enjoying the summer messing around. i will have more yet.
thanks

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 2:28 pm   Permalink

hey all! sorry havent been around much, internet was off for a while there. ive started a new piece but not very far. ive been slacking, yes....im a slacker.
ill post some pictures once i get my camera working again...either i did something to it OR all my batteries are just dead, which is pretty likely.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation