FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
TDuddy's Carvings-->|Updates-10/9--| Pg.11
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 8:14 pm   Permalink

Nice chatting with you Duddy. Good start on this one!

T

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 8:26 pm   Permalink

Van Gogh tiki?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-19 8:59 pm   Permalink

Hey, Duddy's back! Wow, you've been busy too, I see. Hopefully you don't suffer from the same disease I've got. The one that allows you to start a project, but makes it near impossible to finish! You've got some great ideas and I'd like to see how they come out!

But finish your story for your class first!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 9:18 pm   Permalink

Nice work, Duddy! I wish I'd started carving back when I was your age, I'd be as good as Benz by now (in my dreams, of course ). But I can say that I had a hell of a lot of free time back then & tons of artistic inspiration, but little or no bucks for art materials & tools & stuff to make it happen. Which is the exact opposite of now, ironically. Probably true for most of the carvers here on TC, being average age of 40 or so I guess.

What kind of tools you got going, anyway? Keep it up, diggin the work.

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 5:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tama,Bowana,Aaron!

haha, Hiltiki. i messed up his other ear, its alot smaller but it'll have to do

I agree Aaron, my long term goal is also to be able to carve HALF as good as Benz!

Just some updates on the new head. not sure what im exaclty doing with him yet, but we'll find out yet..

that's it for tonight i think, it's getting chilly out.
more tomorrow afternoon probably!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki duddy 2008-05-20 17:49 ]

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 5:54 pm   Permalink

A picture of my tools, for Aaron...

Those are the ones i use that arnt messed up or rusty

[ This Message was edited by: tiki duddy 2008-05-20 17:56 ]

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-20 9:26 pm   Permalink

That head is coming along just fine, keep it going.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-31 10:21 am   Permalink

Thanks seek! i havent worked on this guy in a little while, just didnt post the pictures yet

might have some more this afternoon. im supposed to go to a craft show and put some carvings up for sale today too apparently.
still pretty attached to my carvings though haha

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-01 8:55 pm   Permalink

Gave him some burns today, more pictures tomorrow probably.

hmm, i still need to start some big guys this summer. Maybe ill go log huntin tomorrow aswell

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-01 9:34 pm   Permalink

Nice, That's another tough project you are taking on.
He is looking good.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 05:28 am   Permalink

TikiDuddy, you keep up this progress and you will be Better than that guy Benzart in no time at all.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 09:15 am   Permalink

Looks great. I have the same Xacto box for carrying around my knives!

Faces are not that difficult; placing eyes, nose, and mouth. The difficulty comes when creating a Profile. The nose should be the highest point while the chin and forehead slope in. Also the cheek bones are very important as well, because they are the base that holds everything together. Don't focus on carving lips, the mouth is really just a hump resting on the chin (insert joke here). Simple lines can create the illusion of a mouth. I'm still trying to figure some of the proportions out. Carving a skull in wood is very difficult - unlike clay, there is not adding or reshaping if something isn't working. Recently I looked thru Woodcarving Illustrated and picked up a few pointers. Caricature carving is very popular and can easily be translated into Tiki. I would suggest taking a look at some Caricature books - can't hurt. There are alot of techiniques out there for carving - find one that you like and then carve what you like!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 08:55 am   Permalink

Thanks Seek!

i donno...that benzart guy is pretty skilled.
Thanks benz

AlohaStation, thanks a lot. always needing advice!

More soon

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-15 7:09 pm   Permalink

I wanted to carve today but wasnt up to work on any of the projects i got going right now, so i played around with a scrap of wood we had in our fire pile.

more pictures soon

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-17 5:07 pm   Permalink

Went to the lake today, did some carving while i was there...

Also caught a bit of a sunburn.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Duddy 2008-06-17 17:09 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation