FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
VanTiki Tiles - Ku Squared tile taking shape - 1/25
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 1:16 pm   Permalink

Quick look at what came out of the kiln this morning:

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-15 2:11 pm   Permalink

The Van is a rockin'! (pardon the off-color 70s reference)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-15 6:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-15 14:11, MadDogMike wrote:
The Van is a rockin'! (pardon the off-color 70s reference)

To which I say "Far Out Man!"

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-19 2:28 pm   Permalink

TikiCoins are done! You can read the announcement and sale info here, as well as peruse images of the finished coins:

http://www.geotiki.com/geotiki/Read_all_about_it%21.html

As I said earlier - these little tiki-themed geocoins are really for geocaching fanatics (like myself), but you are more than welcome to pick one up if you'd like

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 12:39 pm   Permalink

Henrik's coins are up on Etsy now, I just nabbed a couple. They look way cool in the pics, nice work Henrik!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTres 2010-07-23 12:39 ]

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-24 2:14 pm   Permalink

Mahalo TikiTres!

Just uploaded a "studio peek" of the coins getting pressed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0fdluwsA2Q

Henrik "VanTiki"

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-24 2:38 pm   Permalink

Great job on the time lapse photography! Is that the Frank Giorgini tile press? Is that Mrs. VanTiki? So many questions, so little answers

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-24 5:25 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Mike! It is indeed the Georgini press - with a few modifications. Made mine a bit beefier, and built it into a mobile stand with shelves for molds. And yes, that is the wonderful Ms. VanTiki sharing the tile-pressing fun with me

After Oasis I plan on adding a counterweight system to the arm on the tile press. Should make epic tile-pressing days go even smoother.

VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-27 12:46 pm   Permalink

Kiln has been running non-stop over here! Getting all the tiles for Tiki Oasis fired, then moving onto the mugs. Here is a peek at what came out of the kiln yesterday. Will have another kilnload of photos tomorrow afternoon!

Mahalo,
Henrik

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-27 12:58 pm   Permalink

Wow!
so many great tiles!
Lovin the illuminati pyramid with the eye!
Go Henrik!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-02 2:30 pm   Permalink

Mahalo LLT! I also dig the all-seeing-eye-of-mystery

A quick peek at some new glazes that made their way out of the kiln yesterday:

Oasis is alarmingly close! Yikes!

Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-03 07:02 am   Permalink

I aggre with Kenny.. I love the pyramid one.. wait.. no I love the left one.. no, no the middle one... hum... in fact... I love all of them! beautiful!!!

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-06 8:57 pm   Permalink

This just in: New Tiki Tiles are in the works on VanTiki Island! It appears that these are TWICE the height of the standard VanTiki Tile, and that there are no less than THREE new designs! More news on this story as things develop...

VanTiki Island Coconut Newsroom

Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-07 03:06 am   Permalink

You are INCROYABLE!!!
I have no word...
all the step are a big lesson for me

BRAVO!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikifan1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-24 10:28 am   Permalink

Sweeeeet! I love my VanTiki Tiles. I have all of them mounted on my hall of awesomeness. Hope to snag any new additions to the VanTiki Tile family. Another round of swizzles would be cool too! hint hint nudge nudge

View Profile of Tikifan1 Send a personal message to Tikifan1  Email Tikifan1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation